Multiple Jets Players Support Idea of Kingsbury as Next Head Coach

JetNation

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

As soon as he walks in the room CJ and Macc are going to look into his dreamy eyes, shoo away McCarthy, and hire him on the spot.

You know it’s coming 

Probably see a huge influx of chicks rooting for the Jets too. Hell, I’m not even gay and I wanna f*ck him.

220px-Kliff_Kingsbury,_April_2013.jpg

Funny! And true. Well done.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jack48 said:

this is why you do not listen to players.  they all thought Bowles was great

Before he was hired or as their HC?  Because some think players should be critical of their HCs, their bosses?  Really whenever someone is critcal how well does that work out?  And who'd be happy with that?  

3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Didn't this guy just take an OC job at USC and didn't he have a losing record in as a head coach? 

Yes and yes.

I'm sure his contract with USC has an easy out if he is offered an NFL HC job.  If it doesn't, his agent sucks.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

To me, this has Steve Spurrier  written all over it. Hi flying college offense don't  work at the pro level. I can't  think of a single time it has. 

Really, no one is running "hi flying" college schemes in the NFL today.  

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Yes and yes.

I'm sure his contract with USC has an easy out if he is offered an NFL HC job.  If it doesn't, his agent sucks.

I get that but how is this guy qualified for a NFL job when he couldn't win in college? 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Enlighten me. Tell me what College HC installed his college O and ran it in the NFL with success.  

Really, you actually dont see how many teams are incorporating parts of college schemes into their offenses?  

26 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

To me, this has Steve Spurrier  written all over it. Hi flying college offense don't  work at the pro level. I can't  think of a single time it has. 

That was before you couldn't touch a WR, hit anyone hard over the middle or have your entire interior of your oline hold if you have a star QB. It's a different NFL in 2019.

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I would have no problem if the Jets hired Kingsbury and he brought the air raid offense to New York. That would be something totally different.

i remember my old man in the early 80's saying " So they play a game almost to the end and when they aboslutley need to score or they lose, they do a 2 minute drill...  why not just start the game that way?"

i reminded him of this when the 90's Bills did K-gun....   " you called it, Pop!"

RPOs have been extremely popular in the NFL and that’s an offense taking straight from the college ranks. I’m not so sure about the whole “college offense won’t work in nfl” argument. That being said, this would be a complete bizarre of a hire and i feel this guy would be on the hot seat with fan base and media from day 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really, you actually dont see how many teams are incorporating parts of college schemes into their offenses?  

One part, option read and that is only with specific  personnel.  Not an entire system which is what Spurrier  tried to do and it failed miserably. 

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I would have no problem if the Jets hired Kingsbury and he brought the air raid offense to New York. That would be something totally different.

An offense like that will greatly tax your defense... the jets defense as it is now will not be able to handle it... I remember seeing Buddy Ryan's defense in the run & shoot... no good.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Tough to run this type of offense in Dec. and January in the wind tunnel known of the Meadowlands. There has to be balance like the Saints have and the Chargers and Chiefs. Make him the OC but have a coach who will also establish the run game

You can't. or at least shouldn't, hire an OC before you hire a HC. You should let the HC pick his staff.

With that said though, you can run that offense in December and January. You just have to be willing to change on the fly based off of the weather. The air raid offense doesn't mean you can't run the football.

4 hours ago, jack48 said:

this is why you do not listen to players.  they all thought Bowles was great

Todd Bowles wasn't great but give him a year off he'll re-emerge in the NFC as a DC on a team going deep in the playoffs 

the truth that the players don't realize is Bowles was a cheap option and so will Monkin be. they won't lure a big name they aren't in that market 

it's going to be a guy 99% of the fans have never heard of

Just think of all the folks that were laughing at the McVay hire, pointing to an incomplete, unimpressive resume, ditto to a lesser extent with Nagy. How do those hires look now? If you think about things in the traditional way of hiring, you're going to end up with a safe choice every time. Or, you could try to push the envelope a bit and swing for the fences and find that guy that a lot of people haven't done the work on. Thinking of Sam and hoping for a somewhat modern offense, let's try the latter for once. If one of these guys nail the interview and seem impressive, I hope they go for it.

Archived