Citrus Bowl dominated by Josh Allen

Philc1

35 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Did you watch the game? He didn’t play well. He made plays when he wasn’t blocked or the blocker was so bad he just walked around him. Penn State’s OL was awful. 

I wasn’t impressed by him at all yesterday. 

didnt see game. watched hilkites with commentary. they showed alot of him bending under the T on th edge but getting hime in time...

what i saw? meh.

45 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Did you watch the game? He didn’t play well. He made plays when he wasn’t blocked or the blocker was so bad he just walked around him. Penn State’s OL was awful. 

So 3 sacks in a game doesn’t impress you?  What do you need 10?

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So 3 sacks in a game doesn’t impress you?  What do you need 10?

I know what Mick means. I just plain focused on Allen and a lot of his penetration was from when he wasn't blocked at all. I thought he played OK but honestly I wasn't "blown away" yesterday. He didn't hustle a lot when they ran sweeps to the other side. Runner breaks it back to the middle and he's not there.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Arguably the best pass rusher in this draft maybe even better than Bosa and yes he should be there when the jets pick 

This kid is going to be exceptional in the NFL.  His motor and will to win is there and he's a complete dog.  I don't see him getting past the Niners at #2 though.  They're also in dire need of a pass rusher.  I'm okay with Jonah Williams with the 3rd pick though so long as the Jets acquire their pass rusher in FA.

36 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I know what Mick means. I just plain focused on Allen and a lot of his penetration was from when he wasn't blocked at all. I thought he played OK but honestly I wasn't "blown away" yesterday. He didn't hustle a lot when they ran sweeps to the other side. Runner breaks it back to the middle and he's not there.

Big red flag right there....imho. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Thankfully fans dont get to make these decisions.  He played well, why did he get compared to Bosa, no one is saying he is.  We're not landing Bosa except for a miracle.  

I'd dance for a chance to hear how Macc sucks because Bosa fell in his lap.  

Gotta display some type of pass rush move on your way to the QB. I rarely see any type of pass rush move.. maybe a dip or a power move but this is actually a reoccurring thing that I see in his game film..he’s ALWAYS either unblocked or he barely has to do anything in order to get to the QB. His strengths are very athletically oriented. That much is clear.. he has a nice bend, very fast, nice first step, good pursuit, good motor overall, donesnt give up on a play.

But I feel like i’ve seen this before... super athletic edge player who doesn’t have to do a lot in college but power through or use speed to get around, so the translation against bigger, better and more technically sound players is a lot harder. A one dimensional player that can pass rush but almost turns into a situational weapon because he can only do that, Vic Beasley maybe? Also not saying that is who he’ll be but just speaking in general. I have to look at more tape if I want to find out if he’s a 3 down OLB and more importantly a top 3 pick.

im weary though.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Welcome to college football where many sacks are a product of poor offensive line play. 

3 sacks is 3 sacks. Mcsorley is a very elusive QB. He gets sacked plenty, but it's not like he is Eli Manning in the pocket and an easy target. 

It also appeared as though Allen didn't play his full compliment of plays. Likely to avoid injury heading into the draft process. 

Conversely, how did NIck Bosa play yesterday in the Rose Bowl? Oh wait, he quit on his team months ago. 

35 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

This kid is going to be exceptional in the NFL.  His motor and will to win is there and he's a complete dog.  I don't see him getting past the Niners at #2 though.  They're also in dire need of a pass rusher.  I'm okay with Jonah Williams with the 3rd pick though so long as the Jets acquire their pass rusher in FA.

Allen is going to kill the combine so unfortunately you may be right he might get snatched up one pick ahead of the jets 

Reminds me of 10 years ago I was pounding the table for the Knicks to draft Steph Curry and he got drafted one spot ahead by the warriors 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Welcome to college football where many sacks are a product of poor offensive line play. 

3 sacks is 3 sacks. Mcsorley is a very elusive QB. He gets sacked plenty, but it's not like he is Eli Manning in the pocket and an easy target. 

It also appeared as though Allen didn't play his full compliment of plays. Likely to avoid injury heading into the draft process. 

Conversely, how did NIck Bosa play yesterday in the Rose Bowl? Oh wait, he quit on his team months ago. 

Well he did get 3 sacks in one game and 31.5 last couple seasons facing top competition but like jetsfan80, mick and thai said his knee didn’t bend enuff or something

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Allen is going to kill the combine so unfortunately you may be right he might get snatched up one pick ahead of the jets 

Reminds me of 10 years ago I was pounding the table for the Knicks to draft Steph Curry and he got drafted one spot ahead by the warriors 

We have to hope one of these QB prospects skyrockets up boards and forces either the Raiders to take him or for another team to trade up. That would insure one of the top 2 are available at 3. 

While I really like Allen/Bosa, i would actually prefer trading back to 7-8-9 and adding a 2nd and 3rd pick. We would own 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. And there will be some really good players available in the top 10. 

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

He didn't hustle a lot when they ran sweeps to the other side. Runner breaks it back to the middle and he's not there.

saw this in the reel i saw as well...  

for me, i dgaf about unblocked sacks...

or looks good bending under the T but gets there when the ball is gone...

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We have to hope one of these QB prospects skyrockets up boards and forces either the Raiders to take him or for another team to trade up. That would insure one of the top 2 are available at 3. 

While I really like Allen/Bosa, i would actually prefer trading back to 7-8-9 and adding a 2nd and 3rd pick. We would own 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. And there will be some really good players available in the top 10. 

I don’t think the demand for Dwayne Haskins is simply there.  Maybe he does well at the combine and interviews really well I dunno Urban Meyer Qbs are never that highly regarded by nfl scouts other than Josh McDaniels and Woody 

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t think the demand for Dwayne Haskins is simply there.  Maybe he does well at the combine and interviews really well I dunno Urban Meyer Qbs are never that highly regarded by nfl scouts other than Josh McDaniels and Woody 

There never should have been a huge demand for trubisky either but when you're regarded as the best QB in the class the teams that need a QB will overpay.

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He just threw 300 yards and 3 TD’s in the bowl game, Top 3 Heisman candidate and threw 50 TD’s to 8 INT’s, 70% and 5,000 yards for the year.

He very much has the ability, as most QB’s do, to rise his stock to #3. The Bucs, Giants and Jags all pick right after each other at 5, 6 and 7. It’s very likely that one of them become willing to move up 3-4 spots to take him.

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There never should have been a huge demand for trubisky either but when you're regarded as the best QB in the class the teams that need a QB will overpay.

Why not?  The Bears seem like they might have a QB now.  Certainly more worthy of a top 3 pick than, say, Blake Bortles, who most people knew was a goober. 

The fact that Watson and Mahomes come from the same class makes the decision to trade up specifically for him look a lot worse, but you can't always fault a team for lacking foresight in that way.  At least they identified the QB they wanted and went and got him.  Meanwhile we took a Safety. 

So people (OP) want to convince themselves that the 2nd coming of Barkevious Mingo should be taken at #3 when we ALL KNOW that Bosa will be the pick when he drops to #3 to us just like Leo and Adam's dropped to #6 and Darnold dropped to #3 to us despite all the geniuses here professing the Jets would never have a shot at said players.?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why not?  The Bears seem like they might have a QB now.  Certainly more worthy of a top 3 pick than, say, Blake Bortles, who most people knew was a goober. 

The fact that Watson and Mahomes come from the same class makes the decision to trade up specifically for him look a lot worse, but you can't always fault a team for lacking foresight in that way.  At least they identified the QB they wanted and went and got him.  Meanwhile we took a Safety. 

that isn’t what he means. He’s saying that Trubisky, the prospect, wasn’t necessarily regarded as the top #2 pick in the draft. He started 12 college games and there was optimism around his potential but started less games than Mark Sanchez did. There was a very weary feeling around Mitch and then draft comes, boom, guy goes #2 overall. By saying this, he’s also expressing that a team can move up to get Haskins.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

that isn’t what he means. He’s saying that Trubisky, the prospect, wasn’t necessarily regarded as the top #2 pick in he draft. He started 12 college games and there was optimism around his potential but started less games than Mark Sanchez did. There was a very weary feeling around Mitch and then draft comes, boom, guy goes #2 overall. 

Got it.  He's saying Haskins could skyrocket up the board even when no one is saying he's worthy of a top 5 pick. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Got it.  He's saying Haskins could skyrocket up the board even when no one is saying he's worthy of a top 5 pick. 

Exactly! I think it’s possible, myself. Being the only QB worth a look may actually work out in our favor the same way that having a lot of QB’s worth a look worked out in 2018 for teams trading down. There is “limited supply” and if a team really likes him then they are going to have to be aggressive and make sure they get him since Drew Lock is the next off the list and he’s not close to a 1st round talent. The QB needy teams picking one after the other is also kind of nice. It’s added pressure to move up.

Haskins threw 300 yards, 3TD’s in the bowl game and had a spectacular year throwing 50 TD’s/8 INT’s, 5000 yards and 70% completion. The analytics guys like PFF will pump up his stock just by doing what they normally do in March and April.

Look how the draft slots fall. Bucs, Giants and Jags all picking after each other. Some GM is going to flinch and make the move. 5, 6 and 7 are pretty doable when trying to get to #3.

CD8BF6E8-DF55-44A7-8B97-44B132007AC6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

that isn’t what he means. He’s saying that Trubisky, the prospect, wasn’t necessarily regarded as the top #2 pick in the draft. He started 12 college games and there was optimism around his potential but started less games than Mark Sanchez did. There was a very weary feeling around Mitch and then draft comes, boom, guy goes #2 overall. By saying this, he’s also expressing that a team can move up to get Haskins.

Si! El pibe está correcto en su análisis y comparación 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Gotta display some type of pass rush move on your way to the QB. I rarely see any type of pass rush move.. maybe a dip or a power move but this is actually a reoccurring thing that I see in his game film..he’s ALWAYS either unblocked or he barely has to do anything in order to get to the QB. His strengths are very athletically oriented. That much is clear.. he has a nice bend, very fast, nice first step, good pursuit, good motor overall, donesnt give up on a play.

But I feel like i’ve seen this before... super athletic edge player who doesn’t have to do a lot in college but power through or use speed to get around, so the translation against bigger, better and more technically sound players is a lot harder. A one dimensional player that can pass rush but almost turns into a situational weapon because he can only do that, Vic Beasley maybe? Also not saying that is who he’ll be but just speaking in general. I have to look at more tape if I want to find out if he’s a 3 down OLB and more importantly a top 3 pick.

im weary though.

I was starting to feel like I was the only one who felt this way.  He's got a lot of Aaron Maybin to his game.  He can certainly be coached up and develop more pass rush moves, but he's not a cant-miss guy.

3 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

I was starting to feel like I was the only one who felt this way.  He's got a lot of Aaron Maybin to his game.  He can certainly be coached up and develop more pass rush moves, but he's not a cant-miss guy.

Especially not a can’t miss guy when you have Sam Darnold running for his life on, virtually, every other play. LT at #3 or trade down a few spots and grab LT. 

Protect the QB, Protect the QB, Protect the QB.

Archived