Bieniemy interviewing today in KC

IndianaJet

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Two things:

1) Is Chris Johnson on this trip or is it just Macc?

2) Rooney rule interview done, that means if they love McCarthy (or anyone else) they can offer him on the spot.

1.) I’m nearly positive that they both are there. Chris to lay down how the reporting to ownership works, goals, plan for Sam, ect and Maccagnan for much of the same and probably more of a take on the offseason and draft.

2.) Exactly! A date hasn’t been set for a McCarthy interview yet. My guess is that we get some type of info today.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

He has preparation to do in preparing for playoffs. The Chiefs were "kind" enough to allow him during this period to interview. That is why the Jets make the trip.

I figure as much, hopefully they give MM and CJ a sneak peak of them preparing for the playoffs so these 2 clowns see what its like. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Bieniemy calling the shots making the Jets come to him! 

This is how it always happens when you interview a coach who is still prepping for the playoffs.  The interviewers go to the interviewees.

It's not a Jets thing.  There's plenty of things to bitch about with the Jets.  Let's not make stuff up.

Just now, IndianaJet said:

This is how it always happens when you interview a coach who is still prepping for the playoffs.  The interviewers go to the interviewees.

It's not a Jets thing.  There's plenty of things to bitch about with the Jets.  Let's not make stuff up.

I just said Bieniemy calling the shots making the Jets come to him. Which basically he did not making anything up!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

He has preparation to do in preparing for playoffs. The Chiefs were "kind" enough to allow him during this period to interview. That is why the Jets make the trip.

I’m surprised but the Chiefs probably knew it would be good for his career and would have minimal impact in prep. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Hopefully they can figure out if he is a good offensive mind or just an Andy Reid lackey. These coordinators under great offensive head coaches can be fools gold. 

Yeah, but the last two OCs under Reid have done pretty well in Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy.  I like his resume, which is really all we have to evaluate:  Reid coaching tree -- 6 years under Reid; offensive background, more than 10 years as assistant in NFL.  He doesn't call the plays in KC, but I don't think either Nagy or Pederson did  while working for Reid.  He is worth an interview.

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m surprised but the Chiefs probably knew it would be good for his career and would have minimal impact in prep. 

It is certainly a professional courtesy. i have seen some teams decline ( I believe that Parcells did not allow some during his tenure with the Jets).

You should want your people to succeed and aspire to have opportunities. It is a classy move.

Just now, Lith said:

Yeah, but the last two OCs under Reid have done pretty well in Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy.  I like his resume, which is really all we have to evaluate:  Reid coaching tree -- 6 years under Reid; offensive background, more than 10 years as assistant in NFL.  He doesn't call the plays in KC, but I don't think either Nagy or Pederson did  while working for Reid.  He is worth an interview.

I agree but I’m just being cautious is all. How many awesome coaches can Reid produce? It’s crazy and impressive. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is certainly a professional courtesy. i have seen some teams decline ( I believe that Parcells did not allow some during his tenure with the Jets).

You should want your people to succeed and aspire to have opportunities. It is a classy move.

It also makes Reid look good and adds to his resume as being a great teacher and developer of staff. 

Just now, Losmeister said:

this implies dominant/subservient roles. dont tryda wiggle out of the way you colored it negatively.

somethinig i do all the damned time! HA!

I know nothing about dominant/subservient roles. 

Bieniemy made the Jets come to him its plain and simple anyway you look at it. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You are choosing a weird hill to die on.

Do you know for a fact the Jets wanted him to come to NY but he said no?

CJ: "Hi Eric, this is Mike over there.  He is the GM (giggle).  You report to me so you never really have to talk to him and if you have a problem with  him just come straight to me, don't bother talking to him.  Remember he is not the boss of you I am."

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

CJ: "Hi Eric, this is Mike over there.  He is the GM (giggle).  You report to me so you never really have to talk to him and if you have a problem with  him just come straight to me, don't bother talking to him.  Remember he is not the boss of you I am."

LMFAO He will provide you with all the coffee you can drink. 

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

3 other teams are interviewing him in KC over the next couple of days. You implied that he made the Jets, and the Jets alone, travel to interview him. So theoretically they did travel to interview him but so are 3 other teams. You know what you were implying so don't be an idiot.

Just now, choon328 said:

3 other teams are interviewing him in KC over the next couple of days. You implied that he made the Jets, and the Jets alone, travel to interview him. So theoretically they did travel to interview him but so are 3 other teams. You know what you were implying so don't be an idiot.

Who cares what other teams are doing certainly not me.  When I made the post I said the fact the Jets are going to him nothing has changed. 

Why make a general statement post into a personal pissing match, you don't be an idiot. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Who cares what other teams are doing certainly not me.  When I made the post I said the fact the Jets are going to him nothing has changed. 

Why make a general statement post into a personal pissing match, you don't be an idiot. 

You know what your post was implying. You were wrong. At least have the balls to admit it.

Archived