Bieniemy interviewing today in KC

IndianaJet

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I repeat Eric Bieniemy made the Jets travel to him and they did FACT. 

I repeat, you were implying that Bienemy made the Jets travel to him bc they're the Jets. You were wrong. They CHOSE to travel to him and so did 3 other teams. He didn't MAKE them do anything. FACT. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, choon328 said:

I repeat, you were implying that Bienemy made the Jets travel to him bc they're the Jets. You were wrong. They CHOSE to travel to him and so did 3 other teams. He didn't MAKE them do anything. FACT. 

The NY Jets traveled to interview Eric Bieniemy FACT. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Bieniemy made the Jets come to him its plain and simple anyway you look at it. 

this would require that you know with certainty that beinemy would have been permitted to come to NYC if he chose, so since you do not know..  ur tawking out your arse

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That's a lot different than saying Bienemy MADE them go to KC to interview him like you first stated. I guess I win. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Bieniemy calling the shots making the Jets come to him! 

his team is preparing for the playoffs.  Even though it is a bye week for them, it makes sense that he be interviewed near his team.

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who cares what other teams are doing certainly not me.  When I made the post I said the fact the Jets are going to him nothing has changed. 

Why make a general statement post into a personal pissing match, you don't be an idiot. 

no, you intentioanlly made it sound as though Bieniemy said "either come here to my place in KC or I'm not interviewing".  You know what you were implying and frankly, you are most likely wrong.  Several teams are visiting him in KC because his team is preparing for playoffs. Come on man... try to get a grip on reality and don't pretend that you didn't know how you were posting.

Just now, Dcat said:

no, you intentioanlly made it sound as though Bieniemy said "either come here to my place in KC or I'm not interviewing".  You know what you were implying and frankly, you are most likely wrong.  Several teams are visiting him in KC because his team is preparing for playoffs. Come on man... try to get a grip on reality and don't pretend that you didn't know how you were posting.

In your opinion you forget to start the post with that. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

CJ: "Hi Eric, this is Mike over there.  He is the GM (giggle).  You report to me so you never really have to talk to him and if you have a problem with  him just come straight to me, don't bother talking to him.  Remember he is not the boss of you I am."

this is exactly why I think McCarthy is drooling to come here.  What could be better?

Love the idea of sniffing around the offensive side of the Andy Reid tree. Hopefully he impresses.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article193570754.html

The Andy Reid coaching tree grew another branch on Monday.

Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy was hired by the Chicago Bears, and that means 25 percent of the head coaches in the NFL are currently former Reid assistants or Reid himself (eight of 32).

That’s quite a tree, although it could by trimmed depending on what happens with Steve Spagnuolo, the Giants interim head coach. Here is the list:

1. John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens (2008–present)

2. Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers (2011–present)

3. Steve Spagnuolo, New York Giants (2017–present); St. Louis Rams (2009–2011)

4. Todd Bowles, New York Jets (2015–present)

5. Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles (2016–present)

6. Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills (2017–present)

7. Matt Nagy, Chicago Bears (2018-present)

Three of those coaches guided their teams to the playoffs this season: Rivera, Pederson and McDermott. Harbaugh has won a Super Bowl with the Ravens, while Rivera and the Panthers made it to Super Bowl 50.

There are also three former head coaches:

1. Brad Childress, Minnesota Vikings (2006–2009)

2. Leslie Frazier, Minnesota Vikings (2010–2013)

3. Pat Shurmur, Cleveland Browns (2011–2012)

The Vikings made the playoffs under both Childress and Frazier.

That means 67 percent of Reid’s former assistants have taken their teams to the postseason as a head coach.

You can learn more on the coaches in the video above.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I do know the Jets are traveling to interview him. 

This line of discussion is so silly.  Bieniemy neither "made" the Jets travel to him nor is "calling" the shots.  The NFL rules do.  An assistant on a bye week can't travel to a different location to interview.  He must interview where he currently is located, in this situation, KC.

"As for assistants working for playoff teams with a bye, head-coaching interviews can take place during wild-card week. However, because they remain employed by a team still in the postseason, those sit-downs must occur where that assistant currently works."

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/12/31/18162433/nfl-rules-restrictions-for-interviewing-head-coaching-candidates-2018

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

and you ASSERT that EB COULD have come to NYC, had a choice,  but MADE the Jets come to KC...

assertion based on...    pffffffffft  nothing

Forgive him.  He is wearing his asshat today.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

this is exactly why I think McCarthy is drooling to come here.  What could be better?

McCarthy has already said in an interview that he does not believe that a HC should or could also be the GM at the same time. It's not something that he's ever been interested in. The Jets front office is set up exactly like GB's except the Jets are willing to spend money on FA and GB wasn't. That was the only gripe he had in GB.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So what time is the interview taking place? 

The Jets staff are leaving KC before the interview.  Bieniemy insisted that the meeting start at 9 am Central Time, but the Jets thought it was Eastern time.  So Bieniemy decided that the Jets weren't catering to him and called it off.    You were right.  Bienemy is calling all the shots .

:P

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Jets staff are leaving KC before the interview.  Bieniemy insisted that the meeting start at 9 am Central Time, but the Jets thought it was Eastern time.  So Bieniemy decided that the Jets weren't catering to him and called it off.    You were right.  Bienemy is calling all the shots .

:P

I hope he at least had coffee for them and ordered them his choice of breakfast. 

I wish I had a 1-hour ban option because I would gladly use it to make a point.  Cut the stupid crap out and let's get this thread back on track.  If anyone tries to play dumb with me on this, they will get the hammer because I'm not feeling all sunshiney today so no response to this is probably best.

Back on point.  I am a little intrigued by this one.  I think he's a long shot at best, but this could be setting him up well for a much better shot next year.  The knocks on him for now is 1) He wasn't a QB or a QB coach and 2) he didn't call the plays in KC like Nagy did last year or Pederman before him.  But Reid and the players speak very highly of him and I think he'll be on a few short lists by next year.  

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

25 minutes ago, choon328 said:

No one cares. FACT.

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

39 minutes ago, choon328 said:

No one cares. Still a fact.

Archived