When did Jets HC search really start?

Jetster

I'd love to know when Chris & Macc started putting their list of head coaches together. There are too many interesting & out of the box interviews taking place. I honestly think they started forming theses lists after the home blowout to Matt Barkley & the Bills. 

If im the owner, sitting in the owners box & my HC is in his 4th year, has used 90% of their assets on defense, and a team as bad as the Bills waltz into your stadium with QB that just got off his couch & eight days of practice, and take a 31-0 lead in the 1st half, you'd have to do everything in your power as a GM to keep me from firing him at halftime. 

This list of potential head coaches was started at halftime of that game!

Just last night I had the same thought that it started sooner than Week 17. 

And I’d say most likely did.. my guess is around the Bills game, yeah. That’s when thy knew it just wasn’t going to work even if they should have noticed sooner.

McCarthy got fired about 2 weeks later and I knew that the Jets interest had to of peaked. They’ve put together a fine list so far.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Just last night I had the same thought that it started sooner than Week 17. 

And I’d say most likely did.. my guess is around the Bills game, yeah. That’s when thy knew it just wasn’t going to work even if they should have noticed sooner.

McCarthy got fired about 2 weeks later and I knew that the Jets interest had to of peaked. They’ve put together a fine list so far.

Love this list so far. I think having Darnold makes a huge difference, his last 4 games were filled with great tape of beautiful throws. Before Jets had Geno Smith after getting his Jaw broken, lol, with guys like Fitz available. 

Guy is the consummate professional with the fire to win, the smarts to learn, and he's very teachable. 

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'd love to know when Chris & Macc started putting their list of head coaches together. There are too many interesting & out of the box interviews taking place. I honestly think they started forming theses lists after the home blowout to Matt Barkley & the Bills. 

If im the owner, sitting in the owners box & my HC is in his 4th year, has used 90% of their assets on defense, and a team as bad as the Bills waltz into your stadium with QB that just got off his couch & eight days of practice, and take a 31-0 lead in the 1st half, you'd have to do everything in your power as a GM to keep me from firing him at halftime. 

This list of potential head coaches was started at halftime of that game!

You answered your own question perfectly here. Had to be that Monday morning, possibly even late that evening.

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wait, I’m confused, they started the search the day after Black Monday and two candidates were contacted the next day, three more contacted the day after that.

what took so long?

Reread the initial post....

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Not on Monday that's for sure

That's what was so funny. It's like "Todd Bowles has been released as the Jets head coach".

Jets have interviews with McCarthy, Kingbury, Bienamy, ....and many more.

Archived