Get ready Adam Gase is coming to town...

Jetmech

19 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He won 23 games the last 3 years. 
Mike Mccarthy has won 21 games in that same span with Aaron Rodgers for 39/48 games and Davante Adams. 

Bbbbut, Mccarthy won a SB a decade ago so he must be the better coaching option......

No one cares. 

Gase won 10 his 1st year which means he 11 the next 2, and evidently you care

15 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Gase is a pass for me. Tannehill looked good under him but I think Tannehill is a decent qb. Davante Parker has looked like trash under gase and he was supposed to be a decent receiver prospect.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

In Parkers defense, he is always hurt, cant tell if he is any good if he cant stay on the field.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The guy who refused to adjust an offense to make use of his rosters off strengths? He absolutely refused to give Drake touches...maybe because I play fantasy, I noticed it more

He got more touches than anyone else on the team.  Gore got a few more carries and Drake a lot more receptions.  

4 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

In Parkers defense, he is always hurt, cant tell if he is any good if he cant stay on the field.

Enunwa is always hurt and it’s apparent that he’s a good wr.  The problem with Gase is that he plays favorites and holds grudges against players and he clearly had it in for Parker.  I don’t think gase’s personality will work in ny though i think he’s qualified from a football standpoint.

4 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

same as if the Jets had him, that's not the point. I have been forced to watch him for 3 years, I live in S. Florida, he is terrible, period. As an OC maybe, HC, no way.

I'm in Boca too, 10, 6 & 7 win seasons with that POS lineup and his QB MIA isn't terrible.  

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He won with Osweiler.  That’s impressive

While setting records for the fewest yards per on average.  

I dont think hes a slam dunk but none of these candidates are.  I think hes an option, knows offense for sure.  Any issues he may have had you would hope hes recognized and can change.  Has worked for Belichich, Shanny Sr, etc.

He won 10 games with Tannehill healthy then had to deal with a washed up Jay Cutler who arrived almost at the end of preseason.  This year Tannehill was hurt again.  Hard to evaluate him fairly.  Maybe he learned from these last three years and will thrive with a second chance and a good young QB.  We could do worse.

7 hours ago, docdhc said:

He won 10 games with Tannehill healthy then had to deal with a washed up Jay Cutler who arrived almost at the end of preseason.  This year Tannehill was hurt again.  Hard to evaluate him fairly.  Maybe he learned from these last three years and will thrive with a second chance and a good young QB.  We could do worse.

I think they won 7 of them w/ Tannehill and Tannehill wasn't good.  Tannehill is not a good QB healthy or not but he had good #s w/ Gase.Here he'd have a much better QB to work with.  I know it won't be a popular move but I wouldn't hate Gase.  I think he did a good job in a tough position in Miami w/ all the injuries.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlin...tatus/1080591839357530112?s=19

Former Dolphins coach Adam Gase will interview with the Jets on Friday, per multiple sources. That will be his second interview for a head job this week — he’s in Arizona right now. A Jets/Gase marriage would certainly be a very intriguing option for both sides.

This should be fun..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

He would have an axe to grind in the division for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlin...tatus/1080591839357530112?s=19

Former Dolphins coach Adam Gase will interview with the Jets on Friday, per multiple sources. That will be his second interview for a head job this week — he’s in Arizona right now. A Jets/Gase marriage would certainly be a very intriguing option for both sides.

This should be fun..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Please god no...

Oh wait, let me get this right..

PLEASE GOD NOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

Harbaugh brothers aside...

Adam Gase is now my favorite candidate.  The more I think about it... the more I read from Phin fans... the more I like the idea.

Gase knows the division.  He isn't afraid of Belichick.  He can steal 2 to 3 wins per season by outcoaching an idiot on the other sideline. 

The biggest complaint about Gase is behavioral.  The one thing you don't hear about him is that he is dumb.  Most Dolphin fans acknowledge that is he a smart, and a talented mind... and could very well succeed somewhere else.

The last two Jets coaches were dumb, that is not correctable.   Gase can tweak his behavior a bit if he feels it is necessary.

Hire the man.

• Upvote 2

I really don't get some of the love for Gase.  The truth of the matter is his 3 years with the Dolphins are a only very slightly better version of Bowles' first 3 season's here.  It's all about some supposed team "over-achievement" due to what was gotten out of garbage at QB, but still no real success.  I have little doubt Bowles would have been seen as more of a candidate by other teams last year if he had been fired then, but that obviously wouldn't have made him a good one.  The slightly-less-poor-man's equivalent isn't exactly a glowing endorsement.  Really, their most significant difference is Gase wasn't given a 4th chance to screw it all up, so is simply less of a certainty of failure, strictly because of a smaller sample set.

Gase's 10-6, 6-10, 7-9 hardly blows me away over Bowles' first 3 seasons of 10-6, 5-11, 5-11, with a grand total of a 3-win differential that is actually less than the total impact of their head-to-head records against each other has on their respective records.  That's right, in Gase's 3 years he actually did worse against the rest of the NFL than Bowles did in his first 3 seasons... just think about that frightening thought for a second.

I'm also not so willing to give him a freebie just because he managed to do that with the likes of Tannehill, Moore, Cutler, and Osweiler, when Bowles received the same excuse for dealing with Fitz, Geno, McCown, and Petty.  I can get some people's preference for a guy with prior head coaching experience, but I'd roll the dice with one of the hot coordinator types before wanting to go back to a guy who just finished failing in a very, very familiar manner.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

4-8 touches should have been 20.

That's always the big question with guys like this.  It's not always as cut and dried as that.  Some guys aren't capable of sustaining the output level, or stay healthy with a much higher workload.  

Drake has never been a high work load player.  At Bama, that's probably a lot to due with talent.  With the Dolphins, the blame falls on Gase.  It's equally possible that Gase just understands his limitations and isn't asking more out of him than he can handle as it is his underutilized him.  Time will tell.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:56 PM, j4jets said:

Is he black? Cuz I don’t see how else we get this trash. 

1st Tinstar and now this?  What's with these long time posters committing JN message board suicide with this?  It's like they just watched Bird Box and went outside without their blindfolds.  

Anyway, R.I.P. guys.  We'll find someone to take your place in the 2019 mock draft.

It really wouldn't be a bad hire as long as we can bring in a good DC for him. That Miami team is bad their best Offensive player is Amendola and he still managed to win games with the likes of Osweiler and Tannehill. He's not my #1 choice but I also won't be dissapointed his he gets the job. I'd rather have Gase than Mccarthy 

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

4-8 touches should have been 20.

!30 carries and 35 or so receptions?  Vs 145 carries for Gore?  I'm thinking one of us are way off with the math.  He had the most touches.  You do realize if the QB played like a real QB and opponents didnt jam the line he may have been able to run more

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Harbaugh brothers aside...

Adam Gase is now my favorite candidate.  The more I think about it... the more I read from Phin fans... the more I like the idea.

Gase knows the division.  He isn't afraid of Belichick.  He can steal 2 to 3 wins per season by outcoaching an idiot on the other sideline. 

The biggest complaint about Gase is behavioral.  The one thing you don't hear about him is that he is dumb.  Most Dolphin fans acknowledge that is he a smart, and a talented mind... and could very well succeed somewhere else.

The last two Jets coaches were dumb, that is not correctable.   Gase can tweak his behavior a bit if he feels it is necessary.

Hire the man.

My only concern with him is that he did a mediocre job with Tannehill. He didn’t surround him with a good OLine and thus got injured regularly. I’m worried that the same would happen with Sam. Besides that, he’d be an acceptable hire.