3 Under The Radar Trade Options This Off-season

choon328

The 3 teams that are in the most salary cap trouble next year are the Jaguars, Eagles and Vikings. Here is 1 young player from each team that may be available because of those cap issues:

Jaguars (Cap Space: -$100,000)

Brandon Linder (C): 4 years left on deal with no guaranteed money. Cap hits of $6 million (19), $8 million (20), $9 million (21), $10 million (22). Rated as the #5 Center in the NFL by PFF in 2018. Saves the Jags $6 million next year if they trade him.

Eagles (Cap Space: -$11,000,000) **If they trade or release Foles their cap space will go to $7,000,000**

Nelson Agholor (WR): 1 year left on his deal (5th year option) $9.4 Million cap hit, no dead money. Last 2 years averaged 63 catches 750 yards and 6 tds while being the 3rd receiving option behind Jeffrey and Ertz.

Vikings (Cap Space $11,000,000)

Trae Waynes (CB): 1 year left on his deal (5th year option) $9.1 Million cap hit, no dead money. #46 CB according to PFF.

These are 3 guys we maybe didn't think about as options but that would help us tremendously at positions of need and would all slide into starting positions. All 3 could be signed to long term extensions before the season. Obviously the Jets would have to part with some draft capital but due to the cap problems all 3 teams will be facing they could all be available for a discount. 

I think the jaguars will look to clear cap space in other ways I can't see them dropping off controllable and solid offensive linemen, they are in the market for a qb the last thing they want to do is bring in a qb with an offensive line with holes in it. Agholar is an interesting idea though Jeffery had a downish year and they have a young qb still they may not be interested in dumping off any of their weapons especially the ones that can still grow with wentz. I don't know much about the Vikings cb but I thought the Vikings gave up a ton of points this year (I understand football is not a one man sport)

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

27 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The 3 teams that are in the most salary cap trouble next year are the Jaguars, Eagles and Vikings. Here is 1 young player from each team that may be available because of those cap issues:

Jaguars (Cap Space: -$100,000)

Brandon Linder (C): 4 years left on deal with no guaranteed money. Cap hits of $6 million (19), $8 million (20), $9 million (21), $10 million (22). Rated as the #5 Center in the NFL by PFF in 2018. Saves the Jags $6 million next year if they trade him.

Eagles (Cap Space: -$11,000,000) **If they trade or release Foles their cap space will go to $7,000,000**

Nelson Agholor (WR): 1 year left on his deal (5th year option) $9.4 Million cap hit, no dead money. Last 2 years averaged 63 catches 750 yards and 6 tds while being the 3rd receiving option behind Jeffrey and Ertz.

Vikings (Cap Space $11,000,000)

Trae Waynes (CB): 1 year left on his deal (5th year option) $9.1 Million cap hit, no dead money. #46 CB according to PFF.

These are 3 guys we maybe didn't think about as options but that would help us tremendously at positions of need and would all slide into starting positions. All 3 could be signed to long term extensions before the season. Obviously the Jets would have to part with some draft capital but due to the cap problems all 3 teams will be facing they could all be available for a discount. 

I don’t think Linder is a guy that Jax will look to trade to cut payroll.  They might be willing to trade Marquise Lee, he is costing them $9 mill against the cap and with a post June 1 trade designation would save them a little over $7 million.  He’d probably wouldn’t demand anything more than a 5th round pick.  

Jags can free up a ton of space if they want to without sacrificing their OL (they could implode that too to save a ton of money but why would they)

Agholor is interesting, I'm not sure he's better than some of the FAs that will be available so that would make me hesitant to offer up a draft pick for him

As for the Vikings the player I'm looking at is Barr, he may be a good option for us.

Archived