JETS NEXT HC POLL

The_Jet_Nation

JETS NEXT HC POLL  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be the Jets next Head Coach?

• Bruce Arians
    • Jim Harbaugh (Michigan)
    • John Harbaugh
    • Mike McCarthy
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • David Shaw (Stanford)

We already have this poll.  Do you even look at existing posts before you post to avoid redundancy?  Why are you doing another poll when there is already one (with a more complete slate of candidates, BTW). 

What is the over/under on the number of redundant threads you start today?  

There should be a governer attached to your thread starting options.  Don't start new threads.  You are not good at it.

I don't know who WILL be the next coach.

I selected McCarthy because of that list, he is the best realistic candidate I see.  He has the things I want in our next Head Coach (detailed in other threads).

Harbaugh is interesting, but I do not believe he will leave Michigan, much less to come to the NY Jets.

Mike McCarthy will be the next Jets head coach. All the other interviews are just due diligence. McCarthy is going to be to the Jets what Reid has been to the Chiefs. He's going to be the best coach the Jets have had since that fat bastard Bill Parcells. The Jets are going to kill it this off-season, and have a great draft. We will be back in the playoffs in 2019. No more talking draft in November and December. Nope, we will be talking playoff seed and who we face at MetLife after a week off in the divisional round. I am looking forward to the "torch" being passed. lol

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mike McCarthy will be the next Jets head coach. All the other interviews are just due diligence. McCarthy is going to be to the Jets what Reid has been to the Chiefs. He's going to be the best coach the Jets have had since that fat bastard Bill Parcells. The Jets are going to kill it this off-season, and have a great draft. We will be back in the playoffs in 2019. No more talking draft in November and December. Nope, we will be talking playoff seed and who we face at MetLife after a week off in the divisional round. I am looking forward to the "torch" being passed. lol

Wow. I’ll have what he  is having. Thanks. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

Cheapest option?

hmm.. tough one but Monkin and Rhule would be cheap as f 

Kingsbury probably has some sort of contract he needs to be bought out of 

Note McCarthy the most expensive is not really an option here 

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wow. I’ll have what he  is having. Thanks. 

Once we get McCarthy the sky is the limit. I am not joking. We are going to the playoffs next year. The passing the torch comment I made was just tongue in cheek, because I remember that dude who prematurely said the torch would be passed last Sunday right before the Pats smoked the Jets. You know the one with the dog with the discolored eye in his avatar. lmao

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

hmm.. tough one but Monkin and Rhule would be cheap as f 

Kingsbury probably has some sort of contract he needs to be bought out of 

Note McCarthy the most expensive is not really an option here 

We shall see. Yet, a no name guy seems about right. Some dude from a Midwest junior college who has a slight drinking problem but has a better than .500 record over two seasons. 

If we hire one of these lesser known guys I'll make up my mind about him quick enough when I see who he hires for coordinators and other coaches.  This is such a huge part of a coaching parcel.

Rex doomed himself here and in Buffalo by hanging onto sub par coaches.  Bowles fired the wrong ones.

I do not want just a good head coach I want to look at the assistants and be happy.  We especially need a good no nonsense tolerated DC.

imo the jets were in contact with mccarthy shortly after he was launched by green bay.  obviously cleveland is interviewing today and that might have some bearing on his being hired and at what price.  they knew bowles would not be coming back right after the bills game.

Archived