If Jets are serious, open the vault for...

TripleThreat

2 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Except for the fact that he is under contract to another team!

True, but think about it. Drew Brees is approaching the end of his career. Payton may want to make the move, especially if the Jets are willing to make him one of, if not the highest paid coach in the NFL. Would / Could the Saints pay him that well? Just saying, it’s worth a phone call to his agent to see if there is any interest.

6 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

If u aren’t thrilled with any of the names currently being discussed, theres one interesting possibility: Sean Payton.

Would have to open the vault and throw huge money at him, but it would be worth it.

Best 1st post EVER!!!!

Like Hawkeye, I’ll sit back and watch how this plays out.

Just busting ? ? .

Happy to have you aboard!

10 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

If u aren’t thrilled with any of the names currently being discussed, theres one interesting possibility: Sean Payton.

Would have to open the vault and throw huge money at him, but it would be worth it.

Why cant they just snap their fingers not only get him but to have him pay the Jets to coach Darnold?

Oh and have the Saint send us their 1st.

Now THATS what I call a TRIPLE THREAT!

True, but think about it. Drew Brees is approaching the end of his career. Payton may want to make the move, especially if the Jets are willing to make him one of, if not the highest paid coach in the NFL. Would / Could the Saints pay him that well? Just saying, it’s worth a phone call to his agent to see if there is any interest.

Even if payton wanted to come and we wanted to pay him that doesn't make him any less under contract.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

This was the plot of Argo

11 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

Now or after the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Open the vault for Sean McVay do it Jetssssss

I think Payton and McVay are at very different points in their respective careers. Think about being in Payton’s shoes right now. You know Brees is at or near the end. Why wouldn’t you be open to an opportunity to be the highest paid coach in the NFL and get to work with a 21 year old phenom like Darnold?

3 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

I think Payton and McVay are at very different points in their respective careers. Think about being in Payton’s shoes right now. You know Brees is at or near the end. Why wouldn’t you be open to an opportunity to be the highest paid coach in the NFL and get to work with a 21 year old phenom like Darnold?

I know I would 

4 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

Except the Jets are hiring a coach this year...

12 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Even if payton wanted to come and we wanted to pay him that doesn't make him any less under contract.

So was Belichicken when he went to the Patriots, so was Gruden when he went to the Bucs, etc, If Payton is interested in the Jets, they can work something out with the Saints.  Its not like this sort of deal hasn’t been done before in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

So was Belichicken when he went to the Patriots, so was Gruden when he went to the Bucs, etc, If Payton is interested in the Jets, they can work something out with the Saints.  It like this sort of deal hasn’t been done before in the NFL.

Do you think we could get him to bring some of his players with him? They're pretty good also!

So, Sean Payton who is:  Under contract, in the playoffs, with a team that is anticipated to go far into the playoffs ,working for a successful franchise which he helped build, is going to:  Drop everything, to interview for the Jets, who, would be tampering ,and  have a time window that will shortly be closing  for the top available candidates. And, against all impossible odds, will run away with Chris Johnson into the night. Got it,.  Sounds  like the plot from "The Graduate"

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So, Sean Payton who is:  Under contract, in the playoffs, with a team that is anticipated to go far into the playoffs ,working for a successful franchise which he helped build, is going to:  Drop everything, to interview for the Jets, who, would be tampering ,and  have a time window that will shortly be closing  for the top available candidates. And, against all impossible odds, will run away with Chris Johnson into the night. Got it,.  Sounds  like the plot from "The Graduate"

So you're down for this too, huh? Cool. We seem to be forming a consensus here!

So was Belichicken when he went to the Patriots, so was Gruden when he went to the Bucs, etc, If Payton is interested in the Jets, they can work something out with the Saints.  Its not like this sort of deal hasn’t been done before in the NFL.
So then you would be talking about giving up draft capital or players. Payton is a good coach but I can't see it happening

27 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

Please handle this @bitonti.

Thank you 

25 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Best 1st post EVER!!!!

Like Hawkeye, I’ll sit back and watch how this plays out.

Just busting ? ? .

Happy to have you aboard!

Every first post is a little rocky

My first post on this board said that Josh Allen was better than Baker. Needless to say I've grown since then.

40 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

lol  This is seriously crazy talk now. We're losing it without any real news today. 

Archived