Trumaine Johnson

The_Jet_Nation

6 minutes ago, The_Jet_Nation said:

A fine example of why Jet fans are scared of  Maccagnan. 

That’s why Christopher Johnson is ALL IN for Mike McCarthy.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

BFD577F1-BCFE-4008-8AB5-D995974B2B51.jpeg

Because we needed a CB and Macc signed easily what was the best FA CB available?  That he had a down year is on Macc?  I'm betting you were all over trashing the move when it went down too.  

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH 

What name did you used to troll under?

10 minutes ago, The_Jet_Nation said:

Maccagnan is faced with a hard decision - should he make Le’Veon Bell an offer he can’t refuse?

A9B4354B-E897-4C41-9764-0A69EC9F629C.png

I don't want anymore Steelers.  Santonio was a bum after he got paid.  Antonio is turning into one now.  Bell will do the same thing.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because we needed a CB and Macc signed easily what was the best FA CB available?  That he had a down year is on Macc?  I'm betting you were all over trashing the move when it went down too.  

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH 

To be fair, Macc invested a ton of money and draft picks in the secondary over the first three seasons and still needed to overpay a corner his original team never wanted back in his fourth. That’s not a great look. 

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH 

johnson is a prime example of why bowles and even mac weren't working.  mac gets bowles a decent (or at should've been) corner and he gets played out of his best position.  about the only guy who thrived in the bowles/rogers defense was jamal adams.

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

johnson is a prime example of why bowles and even mac weren't working.  mac gets bowles a decent (or at should've been) corner and he gets played out of his best position.  about the only guy who thrived in the bowles/rogers defense was jamal adams.

You would think that since Bowles played safety and was a DC that he would have figured out how to utilize the DBs,  LBs, and safeties, but week after week the secondary was like Swiss cheese, full of holes. The Jets kept acquiring DBs and Safeties during Bowles tenure with dismal results. We can only hope we get a DC that can get the Defense back on track. One thing the Jets consistently had prior to Bowles was a stout D. Adding an edge rusher or 2 should be a priority this year. Maybe Clowney?

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

To be fair, Macc invested a ton of money and draft picks in the secondary over the first three seasons and still needed to overpay a corner his original team never wanted back in his fourth. That’s not a great look. 

Yeah, he has but thats the good part of being under the cap.  Not buying the idea floating lately that If a team lets someone go in FA its automatically "they didnt want him".

The insinuation being he wasnt good when sometimes its the cap or reallocation of available money to a different position

Will be very interested in how the new CS uses and if they can get TJ back to the level he was playing before Bowles got a hold of him

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

How does what youve said become Macc not working?  You on one hand say Macc got Bowles a decent corner, when he was one of the better man corners in the league by all reports and the that Bowles played him out of his best position so its on Macc?  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How does what youve said become Macc not working?  You on one hand say Macc got Bowles a decent corner, when he was one of the better man corners in the league by all reports and the that Bowles played him out of his best position so its on Macc?  

Not to mention the Rams franchise tagged Johnson as well so they thought he was pretty good too. 

I am not blaming Bowles yet, but Macc drafted for Bowles a number of 1st round picks on defense and signed/traded for numerous vets on defense. Even if these guys weren't great players you would think a defensive guru would have found a way to get them to be top 10/15. Rex probably gets this group to top 5. It will be interesting to see how this defense does next year. I think with the right DC they can go from bad to very good overnight. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not to mention the Rams franchise tagged Johnson as well so they thought he was pretty good too. 

I am not blaming Bowles yet, but Macc drafted for Bowles a number of 1st round picks on defense and signed/traded for numerous vets on defense. Even if these guys weren't great players you would think a defensive guru would have found a way to get them to be top 10/15. Rex probably gets this group to top 5. It will be interesting to see how this defense does next year. I think with the right DC they can go from bad to very good overnight. 

It's looking like both the Redskins and the Rams were right with Cousins and Trumaine, respectively.  A pair of franchise tags for both of them, followed by cya.  Neither team had the faith in a long term financial commitment and their deals never came to fruition.  Looks like Minnesota and the Jets were wrong.  Minnesota is on the hook for only 2 more years but the Jets longer.  The scariest thing is that Mac went for both.  Mac is the grandfather of buttfumbles.

Trumaine ,as well as most of our DBs were victims of a lousy system. No pass rush, no pressure. It made it tough to stay with receivers. He was fine in LA where they has a great pass rush. If  Mac gets these guys any help on the ends, I think they'll be pretty good next season.

the best part about these threads is how everyone sees what they want in the original post

is this thread praising Trumaine Johnson? Is it bashing him?

or maybe it's theorizing that Chris, Woody and Trumaine are all relatives? It's anyone's guess wtf this dude is talking about

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

It's looking like both the Redskins and the Rams were right with Cousins and Trumaine, respectively.  A pair of franchise tags for both of them, followed by cya.  Neither team had the faith in a long term financial commitment and their deals never came to fruition.  Looks like Minnesota and the Jets were wrong.  Minnesota is on the hook for only 2 more years but the Jets longer.  The scariest thing is that Mac went for both.  Mac is the grandfather of buttfumbles.

Just for the record, Macc wasn't the only person in on Cousins. Just about every team that needed a QB wanted Cousins. He was an established QB that would have allowed us to stay put at 6, maybe take Quenton Nelson/Bradley Chubb, and keep 2 2nd round picks. 

In addition, there was no guarantee that we could trade up to 3 and that if we did Darnold/Baker would be available. 

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I had no idea that there may have been issues with him. I didn’t like the signing since we missed out on o-line/offensive needs while waiting for Cousins to reject us. 

75469FB1-C2D4-47D2-9921-5DA074270762.thumb.png.df5fb7c3a0b81e220c9bb28ec5331ea5.png

While he may end being a bad signing, this Mehta anonymous GM quote is suspect, even if truly stated exactly that way.   The player was franchised by his team two consequitive years paying him at the average of top 5 CBs.  So the Rams saw enough value to do that 2 yrs in a row but now he’s a worthless POS?  It’s not like his play those years was Wilkersonesque.  His age doesn’t warrant that sort of criticism of the signing.  So is the implication that he would be a dog after getting paid?  Exactly what was that “ GM” trying to say?????   What would more “research” have shown that might have warned them off?

Archived