Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

While he may end being a bad signing, this Mehta anonymous GM quote is suspect, even if truly stated exactly that way.   The player was franchised by his team two consequitive years paying him at the average of top 5 CBs.  So the Rams saw enough value to do that 2 yrs in a row but now he’s a worthless POS?  It’s not like his play those years was Wilkersonesque.  His age doesn’t warrant that sort of criticism of the signing.  So is the implication that he would be a dog after getting paid?  Exactly what was that “ GM” trying to say?????   What would more “research” have shown that might have warned them off?

Not sure. Just saw this and figured I’d post it here since it was relevant. I just wonder if there were things that were known behind the scenes. Mehta is worthless though so who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I had no idea that there may have been issues with him. I didn’t like the signing since we missed out on o-line/offensive needs while waiting for Cousins to reject us. 

 

75469FB1-C2D4-47D2-9921-5DA074270762.thumb.png.df5fb7c3a0b81e220c9bb28ec5331ea5.png

This smells like an NFC General Manager looking for a Head Coach and trying to throw some shade at Macc to help deter HC Candidates from signing with the Jets. 

Just seems like odd timing. Why not come out say this months ago? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Not sure. Just saw this and figured I’d post it here since it was relevant. I just wonder if there were things that were known behind the scenes. Mehta is worthless though so who knows.

It’s just bad reporting.   If he has to keep the source anonymous it’s one thing, but to post a vague criticism that doesn’t reveal the “ warts “ that kept this wiser GM  from signing him is pure and utter BS.   Mehta is a tool.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This smells like an NFC General Manager looking for a Head Coach and trying to throw some shade at Macc to help deter HC Candidates from signing with the Jets. 

Just seems like odd timing. Why not come out say this months ago? 

Good point! Honestly who knows. Tru has been in the news a lot lately and things are a little slow news wise still.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

It’s just bad reporting.   If he has to keep the source anonymous it’s one thing, but to post a vague criticism that doesn’t reveal the “ warts “ that kept this wiser GM  from signing him is pure and utter BS.   Mehta is a tool.

Well, it’s Mehta. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dcat said:

Los, he was franchised two years in a row.  Dont you live in Rams land?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-use-franchise-tag-on-trumaine-johnson-for-second-straight-year/

nope. norcal.  rams franchising someone ? not on my radar. 

aaron donal? know him. suh. know him. gurley know him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Losmeister said:

nope. norcal.  rams franchising someone ? not on my radar. 

aaron donal? know him. suh. know him. gurley know him. 

ok then.  But Trumaine Johnson was well known and considered one of the leagues top CBs.  That's why he was franchised twice.  But the Rams were leery of something apparently, just like the Redsskins were of Cousins.  Looks like Mac got stuck with the resulting Trumaine excrement.  And there are innuendos that it was known around the league that Trumaine had issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

ok then.  But Trumaine Johnson was well known and considered one of the leagues top CBs.  That's why he was franchised twice.  But the Rams were leery of something apparently, just like the Redsskins were of Cousins.  Looks like Mac got stuck with the resulting Trumaine excrement.  And there are innuendos that it was known around the league that Trumaine had issues.

for me, franchsising a guy i dont know, even after the fact, means i didnt kow him cos i aint seeing him show up on the hilite reels and such.. 

anyway, you cant ring the bell backward... 

one observation i have, form this year,  is that he looks slow as sh*t. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How does what youve said become Macc not working?  You on one hand say Macc got Bowles a decent corner, when he was one of the better man corners in the league by all reports and the that Bowles played him out of his best position so its on Macc?  

if bowles wanted a zone corner and mac gets a guy who is a press corner then there's something not quite right. i'm not really dissing mac on this move just that the combination of bowles and mac wasn't working. and i'm not quite sure that mac can be in the clear because of all of the failed draft picks. some of these can be laid at bowles feet since he was supposed to be getting these guys ready to play but on the other hand these players needed to be worthy of their draft position in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I blame the coach on TJ performance. Sorry but he was miss used most of the yr. if he was rated the highest in bump and run why are they 10 yrds off the receivers? That is coaching never mind his oversleeping and missing a meeting all that is the coach not the GM

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rangerous said:

if bowles wanted a zone corner and mac gets a guy who is a press corner then there's something not quite right. i'm not really dissing mac on this move just that the combination of bowles and mac wasn't working. and i'm not quite sure that mac can be in the clear because of all of the failed draft picks. some of these can be laid at bowles feet since he was supposed to be getting these guys ready to play but on the other hand these players needed to be worthy of their draft position in the first place.

Bowles didn't want a zone corner, TJ exactly the type of corner Bowles wants.  Not debatable.  There d no disconnect.  Mac isn't to blame for getting a CB that doesn't fit Bowles D.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bowles didn't want a zone corner, TJ exactly the type of corner Bowles wants.  Not debatable.  There d no disconnect.  Mac isn't to blame for getting a CB that doesn't fit Bowles D.    

that's fine.  bowles certainly didn't play him or revis like they were press corners.  mac gets a pass on trumaine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Christopher Johnson has started to chip away at Maccagnan’s authority. No more mistakes like Trumaine Johnson will be tolerated. The biggest issues this team has going forward are it’s DEFENSE & it’s offensive line.

Maccagnan’s wings are being clipped because of the Trumaine Johnson contract AND THE CONTRACT HE OFFERED TO KIRK COUSINS.  Word is that Christopher Johnson lost faith in Maccagnan’s eye for player evaluations.

McCarthy’s being brought in here, and they will begin to add pieces. One player at a time.

 

3151BBF9-7B6B-4B64-9DEB-9EB8BA1CCB3E.jpeg

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

While he may end being a bad signing, this Mehta anonymous GM quote is suspect, even if truly stated exactly that way.   The player was franchised by his team two consequitive years paying him at the average of top 5 CBs.  So the Rams saw enough value to do that 2 yrs in a row but now he’s a worthless POS?  It’s not like his play those years was Wilkersonesque.  His age doesn’t warrant that sort of criticism of the signing.  So is the implication that he would be a dog after getting paid?  Exactly what was that “ GM” trying to say?????   What would more “research” have shown that might have warned them off?

I have read about the extent of some of the personal research done on potential draft picks and signings by some teams.

I get the impression that the Jets do not perform that type of diligence on their players.  There have been too many instances of pre-existing personal problem problems that apparently popped up later on with negative consequences.  I would really like to understand whether the resources that the Jets apply to scouting is on par with what teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and Eagles, among others, do.  I suspect not.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was all for the Trumaine Johnson signing, but he was awful this year.  Could it be an anomaly or a guy trapped in a bad system, or something else?  Based on the reporting, he also seems to be sensitive to criticism, which means NY is might not be the right place for him.  Hopefully a new coach can get him back to being a consistently productive player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I had no idea that there may have been issues with him. I didn’t like the signing since we missed out on o-line/offensive needs while waiting for Cousins to reject us. 

 

75469FB1-C2D4-47D2-9921-5DA074270762.thumb.png.df5fb7c3a0b81e220c9bb28ec5331ea5.png

Maybe the anonymous GM read this article.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid

Fortunately, we have enough cap space that it's nothing more than frustrating (both that he's on the team, and that the GM who paid him remains with the team).

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dcat said:

AB is a nut job.  

No. Keep far away from Darnold.  But everyone should expect Mac to try to get Bell. 

Agree about Antinio (even though he might be among the GOAT).

But superstar-diva receivers usually aren't worth the trouble (especially when you're trying to develop your young stud QB).

Build the O-line, get an edge rusher, re-sign Robbie, & sign Bell (or preferably Hunt).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Maybe the anonymous GM read this article.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid

Fortunately, we have enough cap space that it's nothing more than frustrating (both that he's on the team, and that the GM who paid him remains with the team).

AHA. so there was a REASON that i never heard of him...

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Jet_Nation said:

Christopher Johnson has started to chip away at Maccagnan’s authority. No more mistakes like Trumaine Johnson will be tolerated. The biggest issues this team has going forward are it’s DEFENSE & it’s offensive line.

Maccagnan’s wings are being clipped because of the Trumaine Johnson contract AND THE CONTRACT HE OFFERED TO KIRK COUSINS.  Word is that Christopher Johnson lost faith in Maccagnan’s eye for player evaluations.

McCarthy’s being brought in here, and they will begin to add pieces. One player at a time.

 

3151BBF9-7B6B-4B64-9DEB-9EB8BA1CCB3E.jpeg

Where did you hear this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.e580f0c7a78604d099c49ddcd0589532.png

 

For the first time since his rookie year of 2012, Johnson has a long-term contract.

"It's good to have security -- finally," he said. "That's been one of my focuses, trying to get a long-term contract. I'm happy the Jets took a chance on me."

 

sheesh talk about getting SODOMIZED.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s hard to believe that they will allow Maccagnan to go near Le’Veon Bell, or Antonio Brown either. The Jets have to remove players who are not performing - Not add malcontents. Especially after 5-11, 5-11, and 4-12 seasons.  It’s not too late to fix this.  But who is to say it doesn’t get worse?  The answer is Christopher Johnson. 

F21CC029-EB08-4411-8B69-503B2BCC446C.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...