Jets to interview McCarthy first, prior to Browns

SheaRay

It looks like the Brown's pushed back interviewing McCarthy until next week and instead met with Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski yesterday. 

Jets get first crack at him.

Interesting but I can't imagine he'd commit to the Jets until meeting with the Brown's but you never know.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

Maybe. When is the interview with the Jets scheduled? I haven’t seen a day and time given.

Not sure but heard some chatter it might be today. 

The more I think about it how odd Cleveland pushed back the interview. 

I always thought they should keep Williams. Looks like they just might.

Great opportunity for the Jets. I just hope they don't let him out of the building.

1 minute ago, SheaRay said:

It looks like the Brown's pushed back interviewing McCarthy until next week and instead met with Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski yesterday. 

Interesting but I can't imagine he'd commit to the Jets until meeting with the Brown's but you never know.

He might if they give him most of the control and squeeze out Mac.

Just now, DJF71 said:

He might if they give him most of the control and squeeze out Mac.

Rumor is Arizona offered him complete control over player personnel to gauge his interest and he took a hard pass. Long term contract probably more important to him. But I like your thinking. 

5 minutes ago, SheaRay said:

Rumor is Arizona offered him complete control over player personnel to gauge his interest and he took a hard pass. Long term contract probably more important to him. But I like your thinking. 

And Arizona doesn't have the same money or a very good roster.  I really think Darnold is such a great opportunity for a HC. First time in Jets history that they are a desirable destination.

Ok so the Brown's have denied permission for teams to interview Kitchens. Seems they're staying in house. Right move.
It looks like we have our new head coach.

No, it doesn’t.

He doesn’t even have an interview with the Jets officially scheduled.

1 hour ago, The Troll said:

No, it doesn’t.

He doesn’t even have an interview with the Jets officially scheduled.

Officially scheduled? What the heck does that mean? Every news outlet is reporting that they are set to meet. Are the Jets required to issue an official date and time?

The biggest uncertainty here is if McCarthy actually wants to coach in 2019. Maybe he's just testing the waters. 

I happen to think the Brown's are going to stick with Williams. 

And if McCarthy does want to coach then the Jets are the best fit. 

48 minutes ago, SheaRay said:

Ok so the Brown's have denied permission for teams to interview Kitchens. Seems they're staying in house. Right move.

It looks like we have our new head coach.

I wouldn't mind Kitchens

Officially scheduled? What the heck does that mean? Every news outlet is reporting that they are set to meet. Are the Jets required to issue an official date and time?
The biggest uncertainty here is if McCarthy actually wants to coach in 2019. Maybe he's just testing the waters. 
I happen to think the Brown's are going to stick with Williams. 
And if McCarthy does want to coach then the Jets are the best fit. 

It means all this thread is is speculation.

You don’t know that he’s interviewing with the Jets before Cleveland because you don’t know when he’s actually interviewing with either team.

2 hours ago, SheaRay said:

Jay glazer said that was false 

3 minutes ago, The Troll said:

It means all this thread is is speculation.

You don’t know that he’s interviewing with the Jets before Cleveland because you don’t know when he’s actually interviewing with either team.

Every thread on the HC hiring is speculation. We know spit about what exactly is going on and what people are thinking.

This is a message board. We give our predictions and opinions.

I'm just connecting some dots.

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

I can't remember a head coaching search where we were so in the dark on everything 

Very frustrating! 

It is, but it's also indicative of an org that it tightly run. Having guys run to the media to sell every conversation had behind closed doors was a problem under Rex (many think it WAS Rex). Sure it's good to know stuff for us, but its bad when you're trying to create a professional outfit. 

I hate it!  lol 

1 hour ago, SheaRay said:

Every thread on the HC hiring is speculation. We know spit about what exactly is going on and what people are thinking.

This is a message board. We give our predictions and opinions.

I'm just connecting some dots.

The thread title presents this as if it were actually news and not merely dot connecting and wishful thinking from someone that wants McCarthy.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

The Jets have a 1st class facility @ Atlantic Health, ton of cap space, a patient owner and Sam Darnold. I like our chances against Cleveland 

The Browns also have a talented young QB, they need less cap space because they have way more talent, he can win faster in Clevenald, the gm already has a relationship with him and there is less pressure to win in Cleveland.

This is anything but a slam dunk but I like our chances.

17 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Patient owner?  How about he hasn’t a clue.  He looks like the poster for a lobatamy 

Or he is lazy. This crap aint easy. No one wants to have to do this heavy lifting every couple of years. It would be much easier just to have a guy and staff that actually produce. I hate having to do interviews for staff. Takes up so much time and energy. 

Whatever the motivation behind it, the results are still the same for the coach though. He gets a tick or two more here than in Cleveland or Arizona. That's a positive for someone looking for a job. 

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

The Browns also have a talented young QB, they need less cap space because they have way more talent, he can win faster in Clevenald, the gm already has a relationship with him and there is less pressure to win in Cleveland.

This is anything but a slam dunk but I like our chances.

But what if you don't like some of the talent on the roster like Njoku etc? In Cleveland you are stuck with that crew for a while. The Jets are more of a blank canvas. I'd say that is actually  positive in many respects. Especially because we have the resources to stock the pantry with the pick and cashola 

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

But what if you don't like some of the talent on the roster like Njoku etc? In Cleveland you are stuck with that crew for a while. The Jets are more of a blank canvas. I'd say that is actually  positive in many respects. Especially because we have the resources to stock the pantry with the pick and cashola 

unfortunately that cash isnt as much as you think...people talk about it a lot but we have a LOT of holes and that cash is gonna go.....FAST

...and every roster is gonna have players he wont like....lol except we will have more of them.

Since he has more players he has mote tradeble assets

He has as least 3-5 straight BALLERS, we have 1 possibly 2 and the Browns have 85 mil in cap space to burn too.

Archived