Jump to content
jetstream23

Your Top 3 - Stack your board as of January 2019

Recommended Posts

We're still several months away but as of Jan. 4, 2019 the Jets are sitting on the #3 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Let's assume they stay there and you're guaranteed to get one of your top 3 prospects, what would your board look like?

 

1. ______________________

2. ______________________

3. ______________________

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bosa

Quinnen

Allen

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The three pass rushers who can jump the highest.

 ed oliver 36” 290

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best for us?  Bosa, Allen, J. Williams.

Best overall?  Bosa, Q. WIlliams, Allen

Likely top 3:  Bosa, Q. Williams, Haskins

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top three....Ok maybe four:

Oliver

Bosa

Haskins/  Quennin Williams.

Jonah Williams is close to cracking that top three with a dominant performance Monday.

And then next month will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 - bosa (i guess)

2 - Allen

3 - Oliver

4 - williams 

The variation (Lack of) in these replies says it all.  We should have a top 3 people you want to see make it on the team outside of rnd 1. that would be more interesting and fun to track in 4 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

1 - bosa (i guess)

2 - Allen

3 - Oliver

4 - williams 

The variation (Lack of) in these replies says it all.  We should have a top 3 people you want to see make it on the team outside of rnd 1. that would be more interesting and fun to track in 4 months.

I like that.....today off the top of my head,

Hakeem Butler

Ross Pierschbacher 

Devin Singletary 

I reserve the right to change my mind several,times between now and the draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I like that.....today off the top of my head,

Hakeem Butler

Ross Pierschbacher 

Devin Singletary 

I reserve the right to change my mind several,times between now and the draft.  

Not bad. You like Butler that much hey? 

If i could pick 3 players *realistically* post-RND1 that i could guarantee would make it onto the Jets roster -- 

  1. Jalen Hurd, durr
  2. Dexter Williams
  3. Keelan Doss

I'm watching more Josh Jacobs, and having a hard time denying the flashes of what could be. Can i have both Williams and Jacobs? We could totally overhaul the RB stable and it would do nothing but benefit this team. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paradis said:

Not bad. You like Butler that much hey? 

If i could pick 3 players *realistically* post-RND1 that i could guarantee would make it onto the Jets roster -- 

  1. Jalen Hurd, durr
  2. Dexter Williams
  3. Keelan Doss

I'm watching more Josh Jacobs, and having a hard time denying the the flash of what could be. Can i have both Williams and Jacobs? We could totally overhaul the RB stable and it would do nothing but benefit this team. 

 

I think Butler can be effective.  I think there is more to him than what he’s shown in college.  They used him in the slot in 2017 and he presented some interesting issues for defenses.  I’m not drafting him to be Calvin Johnson or anyone like that, but with his length can help in the red zone.   You pair him with a kid like your boy Doss, add Quincy, Anderson and a Humphries, you finally have a serviceable WR group.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I believe the vertical.

Yeah. I think oliver is 6'2  265.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Bosa- EDGE

2. J.Williams- OT

3. G.Little- OT

 

Bosa is obviously the top dog in nearly everyones mock. After that the Jets desperately need a plug and play top rated OT. I'd be happy with either Williams or Little.

Having said that. If Bosa doesn't somehow slide to 3, I think the Jets should trade down within the top 15 where they can still get Little.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Paradis said:

We should have a top 3 people you want to see make it on the team outside of rnd 1.

There will be a ton of posts about Rd 2 and so on as the draft approaches. Right now, the top three are much easier to gage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Bosa

2. Josh Allen

3. Jonah Williams - although I wouldn't hate Quinnen Williams the DT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 2:29 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. I think oliver is 6'2  265.

As much as I love him I do have concerns about his weight. I'm guessing around 6'2" and 285-290 and I would be fine with that. He's dynamic and a good DC will play him all over the line and maybe a bit at LB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PepPep said:

1. Bosa- EDGE

2. J.Williams- OT

3. G.Little- OT

 

Bosa is obviously the top dog in nearly everyones mock. After that the Jets desperately need a plug and play top rated OT. I'd be happy with either Williams or Little.

Having said that. If Bosa doesn't somehow slide to 3, I think the Jets should trade down within the top 15 where they can still get Little.  

Greg Little is not, and should not be on any list as top 3. Maybe for the second round.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall

1. Nick Bosa

2. Quinnen Williams 

3. Ed Oliver

 

For the Jets

1. Nick Bosa

2. Jonah Williams 

3. Josh Allen

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Jets, pending the combine:

1) Bosa

2) Allen

3) Jonah Williams & DK Metcalf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 4:02 PM, jumpinjoe said:

Nick Bosa

Quinnen Williams 

Jonah Williams 

 

after last night I can agree with #1... the other two... not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bosa

Josh Allen

Clelin Ferrell

thats prolly my answer. greedy is in the discussion too but i dont think jets fans (myself included)  could handle a db at 3

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 months ago: ANOTHER D-LINEMAN?!?! NEVAHHHHHHH

January: Jets gotta go d-line! 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 months ago: ANOTHER D-LINEMAN?!?! NEVAHHHHHHH
January: Jets gotta go d-line! 
In March defensive lineman will be our only glareing need somehow even though free agency will be rich in it this year.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Trade back

2) Trade back

3) Trade back 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CTM said:

1) Trade back

2) Trade back

3) Trade back 

The last time the Jets traded down in (or out of) the first round was for Mike Nugent and Doug Jolley, missing Roddy White, Heath Miller, Logan Mankins, and a handful of other ten-year starters. The time before that was to pass on Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for James Farrior and a pile of pig sh*t. Everybody wants to trade down every year but the Jets don't do it and are awful at it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The last time the Jets traded down in (or out of) the first round was for Mike Nugent and Doug Jolley, missing Roddy White, Heath Miller, Logan Mankins, and a handful of other ten-year starters. The time before that was to pass on Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for James Farrior and a pile of pig sh*t. Everybody wants to trade down every year but the Jets don't do it and are awful at it anyway.

Doug Jolley night lol, brings back memories of that freakout. I think Pac was one of the few pro Jolley posters, not much has changed.

And while I appreciate you listing who we missed out on we both know we'd actually have taken whomever was the bust selected closest to our original pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The last time the Jets traded down in (or out of) the first round was for Mike Nugent and Doug Jolley, missing Roddy White, Heath Miller, Logan Mankins, and a handful of other ten-year starters. The time before that was to pass on Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for James Farrior and a pile of pig sh*t. Everybody wants to trade down every year but the Jets don't do it and are awful at it anyway.

The Jets are awful at drafting in general 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×