Today's the day.. Mike McCarthy

SheaRay

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if the rumors of the last few days are true and they are interviewing McCarthy today and Rhule maybe tomorrow, I think you can guess who are their two main targets.

I would expect we will know by midweek who the new coach is, unless both guys say no thanks.

Richard can't be interviewed until Monday per NFL rules. Correction: Dallas plays tonight, so Richard could interview tomorrow.  I thought they played Sunday.

Its been speculated but not confirmed that Rhule will be interviews Sunday while the Jets are in Texas to interview Richard the following day.

21 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I kind of have that feeling. I want one of these young innovative minds to come in but if McCarthy is the man that can help Darnold then I can’t be upset if they hire him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He absolutely is. X20. 

Might get the best of both worlds If McCarthy decides to add a young “innovative” guy to mesh style with. But I’m not too worried about his playbook.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

He absolutely is. X20. 

Might get the best of both worlds If McCarthy decides to add a young “innovative” guy to mesh style with. But I’m not too worried about his playbook.

McCarthy HC, Kingsbury OC, Kris Richard DC

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yes indeed the HARDEST of passes on a guy that will take your young franchise QB to the next level, nearly guaranteed. If only he had won something in the pros too, he'd be great.

Nearly guranteed lol how? 

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Everything he's ever done in his career? lol

Coaching the best qb in the league who somehow slid the #24 and sat behind arguably the greatest qb of all time? Then gets fired for underproducing and  running a stagnant offense with the best qb in the league and a team far more talented than the Jets? Seems like a good fit 

I think it's reasonable to say McCarthy isn't necessarily an exciting candidate, while at the same time being a candidate most shouldn't be upset with if it goes that way.

He'd be the best Jets coach since Parcells by a country mile. Insert jokes about our coaches since then, but the bottom line is McCarthy is a good coach.  Maybe not a great one, or a franchise changing one, and I can appreciate that side of the debate.

Archived