Today's the day.. Mike McCarthy

SheaRay

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I like trying to connect dots.  Usually I am wrong, but still enjoy trying.

If McCarthy had dinner with the Jets brass last night as the report said, and they were already high on him, and now he's getting the warm fuzzies too, today's reported scheduled interview is actually the contract negotiation.  The interview was last night.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Different coaches. Different characteristics. Completely irrelevant. My opinion is that McCarthy does not fit the modern NFL. The day of the "system" and conservative coach is over. In game adjustments and strong situation football decisions are critical. connecting with young players is critical, being aggressive and dynamic is critical. McCarthys is none of these. Literally the worst hire we can make. 

Who would you advocate, then ?

Usually in these searches the Jets are the geeky guy hoping/praying that
the super model looks his way.  But with Darnold the Jets have now become
the super model and we should be picky in who we choose.  I'm sure McCarthy
saw the GB game and was drooling as Darnold was tearing their defense apart
and matching Rodgers throw for throw.  If he's not presenting an innovative
offense and staff, make him wait

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So I like trying to connect dots.  Usually I am wrong, but still enjoy trying.

If McCarthy had dinner with the Jets brass last night as the report said, and they were already high on him, and now he's getting the warm fuzzies too, today's reported scheduled interview is actually the contract negotiation.  The interview was last night. 

I would tend to agree with this. At least in normal situations. But, we are talking Jets here......

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

The one great thing about this is the one guy Manish didn't promote and actually came against will be the one to get the job. He wrote glowing separate articles on Campbel, Moken, and Klingsbury. Revenge for Marone/Bowles

If we were a cricket team looking for a coach, I might care.

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Different coaches. Different characteristics. Completely irrelevant. My opinion is that McCarthy does not fit the modern NFL. The day of the "system" and conservative coach is over. In game adjustments and strong situation football decisions are critical. connecting with young players is critical, being aggressive and dynamic is critical. McCarthys is none of these. Literally the worst hire we can make. 

Still the same things that were being said about Reid 

2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

When does Kliff interview. Mcarthy with Kliffas oc and successor is my dream scenario 

Or McCarthy with Kliff as OC and the jets offense flourishes so much Kliff is the next hot coordinator being talked about for HC every year for the next couple years till he takes a job somewhere else as McCarthy gives BB a run for most SB wins as a HC

D

28 minutes ago, papz187 said:

I don't want him either.

I don't get it.....he underachieved with Rodgers forever after winning that SB and he doesn't have to face a team like NE yearly. I'd rather go a different route.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Your post doesn’t make any sense.

“Underachieved forever” after winning the SB. That is simply not true. GB won the SB in 2010. Do I have to do your homework for you?

2011...15-1

2012...11-5

2013...8-7

2014...12-4

2015...10-6

2016...10-6

2017...7-9

He has one losing season since then and Rodgers was out for most of the 2017 season where a no-named QB (Hundley)went 3-6. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

The one great thing about this is the one guy Manish didn't promote and actually came against will be the one to get the job. He wrote glowing separate articles on Campbel, Moken, and Klingsbury. Revenge for Marone/Bowles

Mehta works for a paper thats on the verge of folding, and will be am internet sports blogger for SNY or B/R soon. Who gives a ****? 

He obviously has a thing against established white guys (Marrone, McCarthy) and has somehow become the champion of the unqualified.

He's also gotta work on his game management skills. This year against Seattle he punted on 4th and 2 down 3 with 4 minutes to go and lost the game in similar Todd Bowles fashion. the NFCCG against Seattle he also showed poor game management skills. That has to improve because we hated Bowles for things like that, and if it goes unfixed we will be seeing some of the same in that regard.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

Benjamin Allbright (for whatever it's worth) just tweeted:

re Mccarthy "I think the Jets are about to snap him up"

I wanted Mike Shanahan but Mike McCarthy will be an excellent choice because he will motivated to prove that Rogers was NOT the only reason why Green Bay was good! 

Finally you have to ask how much better is McCarthy right now than T. Bowels, ?  Night and Day....Period....... and that should make every Jets fan excited if he is the choice!

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

Who would you advocate, then ?

Said it many times. I like Monken, Waldron the best, and think Kingsbury and Ruhle could be good choices as well. Bienimy doesnt seem right to me. ALL way above McCarthy. Buttfumble me all you want, but I think McCarthys "resume" is fools good and he does not fit the mold of what modern NFL coaches should be. If the Jets were really all that hot on him, we would have heard from one of the real insiders by now. Jets would be moronic to not complete their interview search.

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can you explain what you mean by "Swing for the fences" here?

Monken or Kingsbury. An unproven commodity who may or may not have a higher ceiling.

I’m not against McCarthy. I think its a good hire. I do have concerns about him though, just like I do with any canidate.

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Seems those message board rumors about Kliff already accepting the Arizona job we’re pretty fake. 

Interesting. Somehow I think this will get worked out. I doubt he signed a contract not allowing him to move to the NFL

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Said it many times. I like Monken, Waldron the best, and think Kingsbury and Ruhle could be good choices as well. Bienimy doesnt seem right to me. ALL way above McCarthy. Buttfumble me all you want, but I think McCarthys "resume" is fools good and he does not fit the mold of what modern NFL coaches should be. If the Jets were really all that hot on him, we would have heard from one of the real insiders by now. Jets would be moronic to not complete their interview search.

Unless you found the guy you absolutely love. Why can't you interview these other guys for the OC job?

The main reason I reallly want McCarthy  is not so much for his offense  or QB coaching. It's  because GB is one of the class organizations of the NFL. They do things the right way over there while McCarthy was HC. He also not only had a top QB and Offense,  they jad a too D as well. While McCarthy was there the team was complete. We don't  want to be like the Dan Fouts Chargers where the O is great and the D is terrible. Hopefully this is wrapped up already

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Don’t have time to read the thread and not sure if anyone said this yet , but I’d like McCarthy to become the next head coach of the jets 

god, i read the first three pages before i had to puke...  same old nonsense. a few people arguig with each other over and over and over, cos they think they gonna convince someone to change their opinion...     blech.

Archived