Report: Steelers have no problem taking 21M$ dead cap hit for trading Brown

Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Is a 30 year old WR worth a 1st round pick? Granted he’s a beast but for how much longer? 

Exactly. If we were to trade a 1st rounder for a WR it'd have to be someone younger IMO. Like Evans or Hopkins who won't be dealt. That Harry kid from ASU looks like he could be a stud is definitely worth a look at #3

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

How much does it cost to move up from 20 to the 3rd overall pick? I think a 30 year old Antonio Brown, their 2nd round (52) pick in 2019, and the Steelers 1st round pick in 2020 is a good start. What else should we ask for to fall back 17 spots? 

TJ Watt.?

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't know. I guess you're assuming we will be the only one talking to the Steelers?

Steelers have the Browns blocked from calling, so the Colts are the Jets stiffest competition. Besides Antonio Brown is hard for the chance to play with Darnold and possibly Bell again who's likely headed to the Jets.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have a feeling the Dolphins try to work out a deal for him. Apparently Stephen Ross is still pissed that Gase let Landry go. Bet he wants to make a splash somehow.

1. Dolphins hire Rex Ryan

2. Dolphins trade for Antonio Brown

3. Jets fans' laughter at maximum level.

Is a 30 year old WR worth a 1st round pick? Granted he’s a beast but for how much longer? 

Even if he becomes a fraction of the beast he is, he’d still be better than 90% of his peers for another five years. 

Another FIVE years? So you think he’ll be better than 90 % of NFL WRs at the age of 35?

Antonio Brown is one of the best, however his antics quickly makes him cuttable or tradable.  

Im not saying that he's entirely at fault, It seems like Big Ben is also a f'ing douche, but this isnt about Ben. The Jets need to stay far away from this dude. His talent isnt worth the headache. 

Just remember the last time the Jets traded for a Steeler headache. 

holmes-shirtless.jpg?w=480&h=576&crop=1

We quickly realized how bad of a decision it was the moment the Jets offered Holmes that 50 million and he took a pic drinking his crystal champagne like it was 1992 again and he was downing a 40oz of St. Ides on the front porch. 

There's a difference between being a diva, being about your numbers and having a selfish, narcissistic, destructive personality. 

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

He’s probably the best player at his position and has been for half a decade; will also likely continue to have a difference-making skill set well into his mid-30s,and just lead the NFL in TDs despite all of this drama. 

And yet some people do not want him?!

Lockerroom headache distraction/whatever, he makes soup commercials, is a Madden cover, he is a consistent top-3 fantasy player...and yet he STILL doesn’t threaten to ejaculate on cops’ wives. 

You want to help Sam? Gift him a Goddam seven time probowler! Sheesh

Everything you said about Brown's accomplishments past, present and future potential are all true.  That being said, doesn't it concern you that in spite of all of that and a 21Million dollar cap hit, the Steelers, who missed the playoffs this year, and sorely need to make them next year, are still willing/eager to trade him?

8 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Everything you said about Brown's accomplishments past, present and future potential are all true.  That being said, doesn't it concern you that in spite of all of that and a 21Million dollar cap hit, the Steelers, who missed the playoffs this year, and sorely need to make them next year, are still willing/eager to trade him?

Nah. They have JuJu on the cheap, James Washington, a returned Eli Rogers and some talent at tight end.  

If they can improve their roster by saving money and resources, they should.

If we can improve OUR roster by spending money and resources, we should. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Antonio Brown is one of the best, however his antics quickly makes him cuttable or tradable.  

Im not saying that he's entirely at fault, It seems like Big Ben is also a f'ing douche, but this isnt about Ben. The Jets need to stay far away from this dude. His talent isnt worth the headache. 

Just remember the last time the Jets traded for a Steeler headache. 

holmes-shirtless.jpg?w=480&h=576&crop=1

We quickly realized how bad of a decision it was the moment the Jets offered Holmes that 50 million and he took a pic drinking his crystal champagne like it was 1992 again and he was downing a 40oz of St. Ides on the front porch. 

There's a difference between being a diva, being about your numbers and having a selfish, narcissistic, destructive personality. 

The last time the Jets traded for a Steelers headache he was caching a bunch of game winning touchdowns for us. AB is 10x the receiver Holmes was too.

An a different Brown note, here's an interesting article.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/05/report-ben-criticized-brown-in-meetings-wanted-him-off-the-practice-field/?sf205457646=1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The last time the Jets traded for a Steelers headache he was caching a bunch of game winning touchdowns for us. AB is 10x the receiver Holmes was too.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/05/report-ben-criticized-brown-in-meetings-wanted-him-off-the-practice-field/?sf205457646=1

Wait. There’s TWO sides to the story?!

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That article isnt incredibly interesting, I literally spoke about Ben's douche baggery. It doesnt excuse AB's self destructive and self-centered/narcissistic nature. 

AB should take some pointer from guys like DeAndre Hopkins and Julio Jones. 

The article itself states that "AB doesnt respect Roethelisberger enough to speak face to face about their issues". What type of immature position is that to take? The Steelers organization made you one of the highest paid players in the game and one of the conditions was to fix whatever personal problems you have in order to achieve the goal. 

If you want folks to point the finger at Ben, the last thing you should be doing is playing "I dont respect him to speak to him face to face" nonsense. It's immature highschool stuff. 

AB is emotional, and I understand that because I am emotional. But dude seems to be fragile also. Being emotional and fragile are never good. 

49 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Wait. There’s TWO sides to the story?!

And the 2nd side of that story is that the moment the Jets paid Santonio 50 million in the summer of 2011 Holmes recorded just 2 TDs in his final two seasons with the Jets before being dismissed by the team. 

That's the other side of that story or, should I say, contract. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That article isnt incredibly interesting, I literally spoke about Ben's douche baggery. It doesnt excuse AB's self destructive and self-centered/narcissistic nature. 

AB should take some pointer from guys like DeAndre Hopkins and Julio Jones. 

And the 2nd side of that story is that the moment the Jets paid Santonio 50 million in the summer of 2011 Holmes recorded just 2 TDs in his final two seasons with the Jets before being dismissed by the team. 

That's the other side of that story or, should I say, contract. 

Are DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones, and/or Santonio Holmes available? We should explore those options as well. 

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Are DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones, and/or Santonio Holmes available? We should explore those options as well. 

Nope, they're too busy not making assess of themselves and maintaining their value to their organization. 

My bad, should have mentioned that side of the story. :-)

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nope, they're too busy not making assess of themselves and maintaining their value to their organization. 

My bad, should have mentioned that side of the story. :-)

Oh. I just want to discuss players that might be of value to our team in a year we are flush with cap, need support for our young FQB, and have limited draft resources. 

Perhaps our team isn’t in a position to be so choosy because the pickings are slim in free agency. 

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Oh. I just want to discuss players that might be of value to our team in a year we are flush with cap, need support for our young FQB, and have limited draft resources. 

Perhaps our team isn’t in a position to be so choosy because the pickings are slim in free agency. 

If you want to discuss players that might be of value, then it's hard to recommend AB. Again, when it comes to talent, we all know what he can do. But the dude is just unreliable as a lockerroom guy. That's huge when dealing with a 2nd year 22 year old. We dont need AB bitching about nonsense. 

This is something that I've actually always respected the Steelers for. Not only have they been able to find legit WR's out of the 1st round, but whenever they become a "problem" the Steelers replace them because one thing that the steelers have proven to develop...WR's and LB's. 

Look at Martavis Bryant. Just last year Jets fans wanted that dude. 

When guys show you that they're a problem, believe them. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If you want to discuss players that might be of value, then it's hard to recommend AB. Again, when it comes to talent, we all know what he can do. But the dude is just unreliable as a lockerroom guy. That's huge when dealing with a 2nd year 22 year old. We dont need AB bitching about nonsense. 

This is something that I've actually always respected the Steelers for. Not only have they been able to find legit WR's out of the 1st round, but whenever they become a "problem" the Steelers replace them because one thing that the steelers have proven to develop...WR's and LB's. 

Look at Martavis Bryant. Just last year Jets fans wanted that dude. 

When guys show you that they're a problem, believe them. 

Martavis Bryant couldn’t be more apples to oranges.  Brown is not facing his third year-long suspension for drugs. Brown is not Josh Gordoning his teammates to get his “head right,” he’s having a public spat with one of the doucheist QBs in the NFL. 

I’m a pretty cool coworker, but when the office rapist starts openly talking sh*t and asks that I be taken out of meetings, I stop eating in the break room when he’s in there.

16 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Martavis Bryant couldn’t be more apples to oranges.  Brown is not facing his third year-long suspension for drugs. Brown is not Josh Gordoning his teammates to get his “head right,” he’s having a public spat with one of the doucheist QBs in the NFL. 

I’m a pretty cool coworker, but when the office rapist starts openly talking sh*t and asks that I be taken out of meetings, I stop eating in the break room when he’s in there.

You're comparing the types of problems. Im comparing that they're problems. 

But hey, whatever you need to do to convince or not convince yourself of AB. That's on you. 

Archived