USC blocks NYJ and ARZ to interview with Kingsbury

MDL_JET

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is somewhat comical to me.  Kingsbury is praised for being an offensive genius, but apparently lacks common sense and foresight.

This is why I’m not sure how badly he wants to be an NFL head coach.  If his goal really was to go to the NFL, why take the OC job at USC?    I think he likes the attention but is kind of a flake.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

This is why I’m not sure how badly he wants to be an NFL head coach.  If his goal really was to go to the NFL, why take the OC job at USC?    I think he likes the attention but is kind of a flake.  

That would be my assessment too.  Not a bad recruiting tool for USC to leak how bad NFL teams want him, but they did everything in their power to keep him.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That would be my assessment too.  Not a bad recruiting tool for USC to leak how bad NFL teams want him, but they did everything in their power to keep him.

Agreed.  A huge part of why he took the USC gig was that Helton is on thin ice and if SC gets off to a slow start he could be the HC before the end of the season.  

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Denied an NFL team "permission"? LMAO

What authority do they have to deny anyone permission to interview one of their employees?

edit: derp - I guess I should read the article before reacting to the headline.

If an AD can block a college coordinator from interviewing for a head coaching job then the pipeline from college to the NFL is basically over 

Very odd decision by the NFL 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

If an AD can block a college coordinator from interviewing for a head coaching job then the pipeline from college to the NFL is basically over 

Very odd decision by the NFL 

Hopefully it's not abused. I can see why USC wouldn't want people poaching someone they literally just hired.

Just now, WayneChrebet80 said:

Manny DIAZ was HC for Temple for three weeks.

USC is going to have egg on their face for this. Next year when they are looking for a HC the agents will remember this. 

He is probably the HC in waiting there but I agree it can backfire big time 

3 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

KK and his agent knew the new NFL policy when he signed with USC....his agent is just very aggressive in keeping his name out there.  Nice way for his agent to deflect to USC not allowing NFL interviews. 

USC can still grant him permission to interview.  

USC's refusal to release Kingsbury for interview has prevented the Jets and Cardinals from meeting with a candidate they would like to know more about. The teams have thus far moved on to interview other candidates while waiting to see if USC acquiesces.

Archived