Maxman

A note to the board - we don't want to ban anyone else

42 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Talking about the jets is usually offensive 

Yes but a bunch of people feel the need to take it to the next level unfortunately. And beyond.

It would be nice seeing this applied evenly.  One guy who's never said a bad thing in his life got lifetime banned for (admittedly) something quite bad.

Today someone else with a history of bad posts got no ban (so far) for something FAR worse and materially more abjectly racist.

/shrug, it's just a bit scattershot tbqh, which itself leads to people not taking it seriously.

JMO.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I just want to say that I appreciate your efforts to police things.  Even though it's a hard (more like impossible) task, overall it makes things a lot nicer here than <previous board redacted>

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

sad man drama

I feel personally attacked 

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

Wow. What did I miss? Was it good or just sad man drama?

Ugly racist BS.  Pretty much self immolation....I think @Gastineau Lives wanted to go out in a blaze of (un)glory.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well, as usual you have no idea what you are talking about. We don't discuss things publicly, but I will say what you posted above is completely wrong.

People will take it seriously, I can guarantee that.

Thanks for the moderation advice, we have looked over your resume and we are going to pass.

I'm sorry you decided to take it personally Max, and worse, decided to double down by making a personal attack yourself.

You don't want feedback?  Fine, no more feedback.  /shrug.

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

I just deleted my own posts. We don't publicly review who was banned, why and for how long. I will give this recap:

There were two posters banned here for completely racist posts this week. One falls under more of a misunderstanding so I apologized to that poster personally and undid their ban. The other poster was banned for months. The poster today was banned for months for a racist "joke".

We have been pretty consistent. I know we don't release a log of everything, and we aren't going to do that. Private site that is free to enjoy for all. Just follow the rules and none of this matters.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm sorry you decided to take it personally Max, and worse, decided to double down by making a personal attack yourself.

Remember when you were a mod of a leading Jets fan site that blew up like the Hindenburg ? Good times 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I equate insulting and attacking people on the board to the dopes fist fighting each other at the tailgate or in the stadium. It’s immature, foolish and irresponsible. Also, the member who breaks the news on the HC Hire should get a JetsNation shirt. That would be something.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, if you're going to be a snowflake about it...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well I had deleted the post because I thought it was too harsh after I read it again. But since you quoted it, no thanks I am not looking for feedback from you. You have a TON of reported posts about you.

I know I am thin skinned right now. Putting in hours and hours of time that I don't have has me short tempered.

All I want is for everyone to follow the rules. We get called unfair for banning people. Unfair for not banning people. It gets old.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Maxman said:

Well I had deleted the post because I thought it was too harsh after I read it again. But since you quoted it, no thanks I am not looking for feedback from you. You have a TON of reported posts about you.

I know I am thin skinned right now. Putting in hours and hours of time that I don't have has me short tempered.

All I want is for everyone to follow the rules. We get called unfair for banning people. Unfair for not banning people. It gets old.

Don’t feel bad. He was the biggest dickhead at JI bar none. You’re doing Gods work here compared to that place. 

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I equate insulting and attacking people on the board to the dopes fist fighting each other at the tailgate or in the stadium. It’s immature, foolish and irresponsible. Also, the member who breaks the news on the HC Hire should get a JetsNation shirt. That would be something.

@SheaRay is all over that sh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You should put somewhere in the site banner, in big, bold letters: "Posting here is a privilege, not a right", just so that people remember.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

sh*tting on TOm should be encouraged and allowed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

@SheaRay is all over that sh*t.

I resemble that remark. Hey, I might quote dubious sources but I'd never post something racist or nasty 😁

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Oh, the news is certainly broken around here alright!!!

Honestly, the board has been nuts lately.  Until we get a HC in place I think a lot of people are going to be a bit edgy.

Maybe @Maxman can get us a group rate for therapy!  We have some buying power here as a group.  That would need to be one big couch!

istockphoto-176577862-612x612.jpg.a098289a04b0d12c07863912eed91a6e.jpg

1 minute ago, SheaRay said:

I resemble that remark.

lol

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Oh, the news is certainly broken around here alright!!!

Honestly, the board has been nuts lately.  Until we get a HC in place I think a lot of people are going to be a bit edgy.

Maybe @Maxman can get us a group rate for therapy!  We have some buying power here as a group.  That would need to be one big couch!

istockphoto-176577862-612x612.jpg.a098289a04b0d12c07863912eed91a6e.jpg

Or he could just buy us all hookers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I just want to say that I appreciate your efforts to police things.  Even though it's a hard (more like impossible) task, overall it makes things a lot nicer here than <previous board redacted>

Great post. I echo this sentiment. I appreciate the time, effort and sacrifice it takes to make this board run. Lord knows that jets fans need a place to commiserate when all our friends and family are just fed up with our nuttiness. 

I think all should feel welcome and any racist, homophobic crap should he policed. Thanks for doing it, @Maxman

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

@Maxman Are we allowed to privately inquire about how many reported posts we've received. I'm curious.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

@Maxman Are we allowed to privately inquire about how many reported posts we've received. I'm curious.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

sh*tting on TOm should be encouraged and allowed.

If you perpetually-aggrieved weenie-boy snowflakes focused your impotent male angst on my fire posts, you’d save yourselves a lot of trouble

Just now, T0mShane said:

If you perpetually-aggrieved weenie-boy snowflakes focused your impotent male angst on my fire posts, you’d save yourselves a lot of trouble

Hess is an incel

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's kind of like it's very own rep system.  Is it some sort of honor to be the one with the most reported posts before a ban?  Or should it be least?  I'm not really sure.

• Upvote 1