A note to the board - we don't want to ban anyone else

Maxman

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

The sample size is too small to verify whether there is really any correlation here.  Why don't you step away for a while longer, so we can all look into the matter some more?  Your contributions to the study would be greatly appreciated.

Don't be so passive aggressive old timer.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Alka said:

Can you also please ban the dumb people?  I feel that there are a lot of smart people, but also a lot of dumb people. If you ban the dumb people, then we would have an awesome site here.

lol, if we ban the dumb people the smart ones will all just sit here puzzled about what to do

dumb people are the life blood of a forum

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

@Maxman Are we allowed to privately inquire about how many reported posts we've received. I'm curious.

Not really, about 60% of the reported posts are bad. At least half are bad. The system is in place, and we appreciate when people use it the right way. So if you don't have a note from a mod asking you privately to knock it off, chances are you are in good standing.  :)

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I want to be clear, my original post was in reaction to a very specific post today, and was probably too harsh.  More than most, I damn well know how hard it is to Mod a large community.  I STILL get abused over it now, years later by people who have no idea what trying to do so and do so fairly is like, especially as (like here) a voluntary Mod.  It's hard and thankless, end of story.

And let me be clear, Max and Co. do a damned good job, they do, period.  My post was because a single, specific, post I found way over the top seemingly had gone unnoticed, but as Max says, they don't make everything public, and I trust him, so be it.  I honestly was trying to help, I have full faith in Max to run this site as he's always done.  And if I screwed up that effort with my well-intentioned feedback, all I can say is I'm sorry to him.

Beyond that, all I can say is I agree, they're has been way too much racism lately, and I too hope it stops.  Let's talk Jets.  Nothing more from me.

Thanks man. Like I said in my earlier post, I regretted my post the second I made it. I deleted it but I shouldn't have posted it. We do welcome feedback it is just that a few things I felt I was being called out on weren't accurate. I should have responded better.

Yesterday really set me off here, the week in general. So many racist posts. But a lot of people were rightfully banned. So hopefully things are headed in a better direction.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks man. Like I said in my earlier post, I regretted my post the second I made it. I deleted it but I shouldn't have posted it. We do welcome feedback it is just that a few things I felt I was being called out on weren't accurate. I should have responded better.

Yesterday really set me off here, the week in general. So many racist posts. But a lot of people were rightfully banned. So hopefully things are headed in a better direction.

Thanks.

As I said privately Phil, I'm truly sorry and sorry I quoted it so quickly.  We go back a long time now, and I'd never want to do anything but help you and the site, truly.  I support your rules 100%.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So if you don't have a note from a mod asking you privately to knock it off, chances are you are in good standing:)

Oh, well I guess that disqualifies me, lol.

Thanks for the work you do, Max.

49 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed. It’s a shame there is no due process. I realize that this is not a federal court, but all should be showed some measure of grace.... IMHO

Where was the measure of grace when I paid the hosting bills the months we had no ads? This is a free site, we aren't selling anything here lol.

There is plenty of due process. 99.99% of the time, we ask people to not break a simple rule right after they have broken a simple rule.

When someone gets banned, we don't generally IP ban them. When someone gets banned, we spend NO time at all trying to figure out their new alias.

Why?

Because we believe in second chances. Seems like a pretty due process to me. 

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Where was the measure of grace when I paid the hosting bills the months we had no ads? This is a free site, we aren't selling anything here lol.

There is plenty of due process. 99.99% of the time, we ask people to not break a simple rule right after they have broken a simple rule.

When someone gets banned, we don't generally IP ban them. When someone gets banned, we spend NO time at all trying to figure out their new alias.

Why?

As shareholders in JN, we demand to see the financials 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As I said privately Phil, I'm truly sorry and sorry I quoted it so quickly.  We go back a long time now, and I'd never want to do anything but help you and the site, truly.  I support your rules 100%.

Thanks man. I didn't want to post that I overreacted, really hoped you wouldn't see it lol.

I don't like posting when I am cranky. I talked to @The Crusher and he recommended that I eat. So I did and I am feeling much better now. My bad on the post.  Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It’s not that hard to get away with whatever if the jokes are funny and the points are worth making. Which not coincidentally is what makes for good content in the first place.

Here's the thing, though; if you have a joke or a point that might get you in trouble with your boss, dragged in front of HR, or sent to sensitivity training, we also don't want to hear those jokes or points here. It may not be in the official rules, but that's only because it should be common sense. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

39345EF0-F9B2-4518-9564-925551C2765C.png

I totally needed one before lol.

I have been annoyed here the past few days and that is pretty rare. The only time I was annoyed here consistently was when we started and in the baseball forum that Jet\Bosox guy would get under my skin. He was a great poster but man he knew how to push buttons.

Thanks man. I didn't want to post that I overreacted, really hoped you wouldn't see it lol.

I don't like posting when I am cranky. I talked to @The Crusher and he recommended that I eat. So I did and I am feeling much better now. My bad on the post.  Thanks!

Your not yourself when your hungry boss. 

Umm...not to be Captain Obvious here, but in what situation does Crusher NOT recommend eating?

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I totally needed one before lol.

I have been annoyed here the past few days and that is pretty rare. The only time I was annoyed here consistently was when we started and in the baseball forum that Jet\Bosox guy would get under my skin. He was a great poster but man he knew how to push buttons.

I’m sure it will be peaceful after they hire a new HC. 

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Why?

Mea Culpa: I understand perfectly. Thanks Max

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Here's the thing, though; if you have a joke or a point that might get you in trouble with your boss, dragged in front of HR, or sent to sensitivity training, we also don't want to hear those jokes or points here. It may not be in the official rules, but that's only because it should be common sense. 

Well said.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes but a bunch of people feel the need to take it to the next level unfortunately. And beyond.

One Step Beyond

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Hopefully next year we’ll get on track and this place will be like Shangri-La.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm sorry you decided to take it personally Max, and worse, decided to double down by making a personal attack yourself.

You don't want feedback?  Fine, no more feedback.  /shrug.

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

You’re so dramatic 

Or so drama queenish. Ooops I take that back. I’ve been banned (temporarily) this season already. (But I just couldn’t resist). 

Archived