A note to the board - we don't want to ban anyone else

Maxman

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BigO said:

Maybe you should ban yourself for a day for that earlier regrettable post Max. That way it shows everyone will be treated equally and that YOU mean bizness. ?

No way, I am giving myself at least a week off lol.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cannot wait to paint the octagon with the blood of my enemies 

If there is a fight to be had the only blood coming from you will be if you are menstruating.

We all now how you run and hide when it gets real.  :)

Image result for big steelers fan

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Angelo got banned for racism? Really?

Facepalm. This is why I broke your balls totally in JI.

No, and this is from an outsiders perspective, mind you, what happened was that Angelo got banned for making a statement so over the top that he thought no one in their right mind could possibly think he was serious in replying to another poster wondering what someone would say to get banned in the Bienemy choking women thread. Angelo is an idiot for sure, but definitely not a racist. He also said something anti semitic but if you know Angelo Berkowitz like I know Angelo Berkowitz, you would know that is physically impossible. 

I think and this is purely speculation, I think Angelo also forgot that Phil has to take these things at face value because of the multitude of morons that have absolutely no sense of nuance or context and for that he is sorry. Phil is a good guy and doesn't need the stress over nonsense. 

3 hours ago, McCarthyism said:

No, and this is from an outsiders perspective, mind you, what happened was that Angelo got banned for making a statement so over the top that he thought no one in their right mind could possibly think he was serious in replying to another poster wondering what someone would say to get banned in the Bienemy choking women thread. Angelo is an idiot for sure, but definitely not a racist. He also said something anti semitic but if you know Angelo Berkowitz like I know Angelo Berkowitz, you would know that is physically impossible. 

I think and this is purely speculation, I think Angelo also forgot that Phil has to take these things at face value because of the multitude of morons that have absolutely no sense of nuance or context and for that he is sorry. Phil is a good guy and doesn't need the stress over nonsense. 

I agree with this. Angelo is a nutbag who says some really uncomfortable things and has some opinions that are outright reprehensible but I totally forgot where I was going with this 

5 hours ago, McCarthyism said:

Two minor points. 

One, nuance, sarcasm and other forms of subtle humour is the hardest the convey purely via the written word on a internet forum.  Hell, that's half the reason emoticons exist, to help replace the facial movements humans often need in person to get it.  Two, not everyone knows every poster personally in the real, and it's a safe bet that a goodly portion who read that post A. didn't know he was jewish himself and B. Didn't get the sarcasm.  Not because they're all dumb, but because it simply wasn't in any way a good post or well written sarcasm.  

You can also be sure that any site advertisers who might read it or search engines that might find it don't know who Angelo is, and probably wouldn't get the subtlety either.  There is a line we should all see when writing posts, even when being subtle/sarcastic.  Purely JMO.

5 hours ago, McCarthyism said:

This makes far more sense, Kangelo Kerkowitz.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Two minor points. 

One, nuance, sarcasm and other forms of subtle humour is the hardest the convey purely via the written word on a internet forum.  Hell, that's half the reason emoticons exist, to help replace the facial movements humans often need in person to get it.  Two, not everyone knows every poster personally in the real, and it's a safe bet that a goodly portion who read that post A. didn't know he was jewish himself and B. Didn't get the sarcasm.  Not because they're all dumb, but because it simply wasn't in any way a good post or well written sarcasm.  

You can also be sure that any site advertisers who might read it or search engines that might find it don't know who Angelo is, and probably wouldn't get the subtlety either.  There is a line we should all see when writing posts, even when being subtle/sarcastic.  Purely JMO.

I thought Emoticans were the work of the devil. This actually makes more sense. 

8 hours ago, McCarthyism said:

I know we’re less than a week into 2019, but a free speech absolutist burner account called “McCarthyism” has to be Poster of the Year, right?

10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

As long as they're not wearing black and gold...

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

If there is a fight to be had the only blood coming from you will be if you are menstruating.

Considering legal recourse against the two of you for perpetuating this insidious falsehood

I've noticed a few questionable posts, but as always, it all gets figured out. I think the Mods do an excellent job here. I still can't believe that I've been lurking on this board for 12 years now. Haha!

Anyhow, hope that all of you are doing well!

This year was tough. Hopefully next year is a turnaround year for us. It was no fun, after a while, having to drive to MetLife every Sunday to watch the Jets lose again and again.

Again, thanks for all that you guys do over here!

-Dan

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have banned more people this week than I can remember having to do before. We normally go months without anyone getting banned. The rules are simple, no personal attacks, no religion, no politics. This week several people have been banned for racist posts.

We are here to talk Jets. If you can't follow the rules you aren't welcome here. Shouldn't be that hard. We have been really relaxed here for a long time. We had almost 50,000 posts last month and we trust that people will be on good behavior here. When they aren't they are going to be shown the door.

I have asked the moderators to let less slide because so many people are taking advantage of our relaxed atmosphere. We don't want to ban anyone else, just talk Jets.

wow. i had no idea. do we have a list of the departees?

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

didnt dude drink himselgf to death, or near, recently? ( the midget actor)

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

I totally needed one before lol.

I have been annoyed here the past few days and that is pretty rare. The only time I was annoyed here consistently was when we started and in the baseball forum that Jet\Bosox guy would get under my skin. He was a great poster but man he knew how to push buttons.

Family will do that. 

Archived