Jump to content
Maxman

A note to the board - we don't want to ban anyone else

Recommended Posts

It's hard to hear what's going on way down there at the 5 foot level for me sometimes, but the guy afraid of girls and the guy offended by air are really chirping? 

That's cute 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Larz said:

It's hard to hear what's going on way down there at the 5 foot level for me sometimes, but the guy afraid of girls and the guy offended by air are really chirping? 

That's cute 

image.png.2f2d41dc370c4608a1b4aeb5444398a7.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Snowflake.

 

Is it cool that I said all that?
Is it chill that you're in my head?
'Cause I know that it's delicate (delicate)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is it cool that I said all that?
Is it chill that you're in my head?
'Cause I know that it's delicate (delicate)

lol, had to google... you nancy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Larz said:

the guy offended by air

❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting that this is the thread where people are now coming to TRY TO GET BANNED. 

I will kick you right in the ding-ding, pal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I will kick you right in the ding-ding, pal.

Some people like that kinda thing. Not me, but some people. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting that this is the thread where people are now coming to TRY TO GET BANNED. 

Says the guy previously known as WETSTREAM. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobR said:

Says the guy previously known as WETSTREAM. 

🤫

 

You don’t unmask Batman, dude. 😜

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

🤫

 

You don’t unmask Batman, dude. 😜

Funny times JS. I think WETWORKS was even worse😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Cannot wait to paint the octagon with the blood of my enemies 

As long as they're not wearing black and gold...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My work is done here.

Good, gtfo

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigO said:

Maybe you should ban yourself for a day for that earlier regrettable post Max. That way it shows everyone will be treated equally and that YOU mean bizness. 😉

No way, I am giving myself at least a week off lol.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cannot wait to paint the octagon with the blood of my enemies 

If there is a fight to be had the only blood coming from you will be if you are menstruating.

We all now how you run and hide when it gets real.  :)

Image result for big steelers fan

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No way, I am giving myself at least a week off lol.

You deserve it 🏆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Angelo got banned for racism? Really?

Facepalm. This is why I broke your balls totally in JI.

No, and this is from an outsiders perspective, mind you, what happened was that Angelo got banned for making a statement so over the top that he thought no one in their right mind could possibly think he was serious in replying to another poster wondering what someone would say to get banned in the Bienemy choking women thread. Angelo is an idiot for sure, but definitely not a racist. He also said something anti semitic but if you know Angelo Berkowitz like I know Angelo Berkowitz, you would know that is physically impossible. 

I think and this is purely speculation, I think Angelo also forgot that Phil has to take these things at face value because of the multitude of morons that have absolutely no sense of nuance or context and for that he is sorry. Phil is a good guy and doesn't need the stress over nonsense. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McCarthyism said:

No, and this is from an outsiders perspective, mind you, what happened was that Angelo got banned for making a statement so over the top that he thought no one in their right mind could possibly think he was serious in replying to another poster wondering what someone would say to get banned in the Bienemy choking women thread. Angelo is an idiot for sure, but definitely not a racist. He also said something anti semitic but if you know Angelo Berkowitz like I know Angelo Berkowitz, you would know that is physically impossible. 

I think and this is purely speculation, I think Angelo also forgot that Phil has to take these things at face value because of the multitude of morons that have absolutely no sense of nuance or context and for that he is sorry. Phil is a good guy and doesn't need the stress over nonsense. 

I agree with this. Angelo is a nutbag who says some really uncomfortable things and has some opinions that are outright reprehensible but I totally forgot where I was going with this 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McCarthyism said:

No, and this is from an outsiders perspective, mind you, what happened was that Angelo got banned for making a statement so over the top that he thought no one in their right mind could possibly think he was serious in replying to another poster wondering what someone would say to get banned in the Bienemy choking women thread. Angelo is an idiot for sure, but definitely not a racist. He also said something anti semitic but if you know Angelo Berkowitz like I know Angelo Berkowitz, you would know that is physically impossible. 

I think and this is purely speculation, I think Angelo also forgot that Phil has to take these things at face value because of the multitude of morons that have absolutely no sense of nuance or context and for that he is sorry. Phil is a good guy and doesn't need the stress over nonsense. 

Two minor points. 

One, nuance, sarcasm and other forms of subtle humour is the hardest the convey purely via the written word on a internet forum.  Hell, that's half the reason emoticons exist, to help replace the facial movements humans often need in person to get it.  Two, not everyone knows every poster personally in the real, and it's a safe bet that a goodly portion who read that post A. didn't know he was jewish himself and B. Didn't get the sarcasm.  Not because they're all dumb, but because it simply wasn't in any way a good post or well written sarcasm.  

You can also be sure that any site advertisers who might read it or search engines that might find it don't know who Angelo is, and probably wouldn't get the subtlety either.  There is a line we should all see when writing posts, even when being subtle/sarcastic.  Purely JMO.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Your not yourself when your hungry boss. 

Whatdaya model gloves?

0E2B9CE1-555E-44AA-B5E0-7A75339B9AFE.png

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Two minor points. 

One, nuance, sarcasm and other forms of subtle humour is the hardest the convey purely via the written word on a internet forum.  Hell, that's half the reason emoticons exist, to help replace the facial movements humans often need in person to get it.  Two, not everyone knows every poster personally in the real, and it's a safe bet that a goodly portion who read that post A. didn't know he was jewish himself and B. Didn't get the sarcasm.  Not because they're all dumb, but because it simply wasn't in any way a good post or well written sarcasm.  

You can also be sure that any site advertisers who might read it or search engines that might find it don't know who Angelo is, and probably wouldn't get the subtlety either.  There is a line we should all see when writing posts, even when being subtle/sarcastic.  Purely JMO.

I thought Emoticans were the work of the devil. This actually makes more sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

As long as they're not wearing black and gold...

 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

If there is a fight to be had the only blood coming from you will be if you are menstruating.

We all now how you run and hide when it gets real.  :)

Image result for big steelers fan

 

Considering legal recourse against the two of you for perpetuating this insidious falsehood

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed a few questionable posts, but as always, it all gets figured out. I think the Mods do an excellent job here. I still can't believe that I've been lurking on this board for 12 years now. Haha!

Anyhow, hope that all of you are doing well!

This year was tough. Hopefully next year is a turnaround year for us. It was no fun, after a while, having to drive to MetLife every Sunday to watch the Jets lose again and again.

Again, thanks for all that you guys do over here!

-Dan

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Don’t feel bad. He was the biggest dickhead at JI bar none. You’re doing Gods work here compared to that place. 

thats definitely not true.....

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Are you trying to get a rise out of me, Aten?

akface.gif.1cde475b9587a18a8b56c2b225f02b31.gif

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have banned more people this week than I can remember having to do before. We normally go months without anyone getting banned. The rules are simple, no personal attacks, no religion, no politics. This week several people have been banned for racist posts.

We are here to talk Jets. If you can't follow the rules you aren't welcome here. Shouldn't be that hard. We have been really relaxed here for a long time. We had almost 50,000 posts last month and we trust that people will be on good behavior here. When they aren't they are going to be shown the door.

I have asked the moderators to let less slide because so many people are taking advantage of our relaxed atmosphere. We don't want to ban anyone else, just talk Jets.

wow. i had no idea. do we have a list of the departees?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Maxman said:

If there is a fight to be had the only blood coming from you will be if you are menstruating.

We all now how you run and hide when it gets real.  :)

Image result for big steelers fan

 

didnt dude drink himselgf to death, or near, recently? ( the midget actor)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Maxman said:

I totally needed one before lol.

I have been annoyed here the past few days and that is pretty rare. The only time I was annoyed here consistently was when we started and in the baseball forum that Jet\Bosox guy would get under my skin. He was a great poster but man he knew how to push buttons.

Family will do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

wow. i had no idea. do we have a list of the departees?

Not a chance.  Efficient executioners don't leave behind records.  Or traces.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...