2 YouTube Videos: Kris Richard TV interview / Matt Rhule Press conference

Sarge4Tide

Richards has that aura and enthusiasm that Herm had and I don’t mean that in a negative way. Just like Herm though he has never been a coordinator and who knows if he’s ready to be a head coach?  He’d be a real crapshoot which we can’t afford. We have to take advantage of Darnold right away and develop him right because in 3 to 4 years we’ll have to commit 30 million a year. Rhule at least has been a head coach and has led  2 programs to succeed that had been struggling. Between these  2 he’s a clear choice. 

12 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Richards has that aura and enthusiasm that Herm had and I don’t mean that in a negative way. Just like Herm though he has never been a coordinator and who knows if he’s ready to be a head coach?  He’d be a real crapshoot which we can’t afford. We have to take advantage of Darnold right away and develop him right because in 3 to 4 years we’ll have to commit 30 million a year. Rhule at least has been a head coach and has led  2 programs to succeed that had been struggling. Between these  2 he’s a clear choice. 

He was the Seahawks D coordinator prior to coaching in Dallas...and he’s also the defensive playcaller in Dallas

2 very different personalities. Richard definitely has intensity to the “nth” degree.

Rhule appears to have a more laid back strength to him.

Accountability is very important. It all depends on how the coaches and players connect. The personality of the coach usually becomes the personality of the team as the coach identifies the types of players they want in FA and the draft.

Either would be fine, but McCarthy will have instant “gravitas” with the players. SB etc.

Neither of these guys are ready or prepared to be the Head Coach of the New York Jets. They do look like up and coming coaches but I don’t think they are what the Jets are looking for. I would actually take Caldwell over these guys. That was hard to say but I said it. 

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Thanks for the research 

Rhule seems to have some interesting insight looking at a players talent set and evaluating the player where he could benefit the most and help the team.   

Richard sure does have the energy to create excitement, with that said will he be able to keep that in check.  

28 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

Has Rhule even had an official interview announced yet? I haven't heard anything about it besides the fact that the Jets like him.

Supposedly it is thought that while they are meeting with Richard in Texas they will meet with Rhule  Baylor is not too far from Dallas, maybe 3 hours.

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

Agree. Richard reminds me a lot of Herm.

6 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

No confirmation on Rhule interview yet correct?

No, but there is clearly interest when you read between the lines of what is being reported.

Both sides would want to keep it quiet, due to college recruitment season.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't want him either, nor do I have to worry about that because he's going to Tampa and bringing Gump to be his DC.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Rhule took over a troubled program at Baylor but he was only 8-17 in two seasons there. 

He was 1-11 first year after losing half the program to an abuse scandal then  7-6 the next year with his own freshman recruits. That’s impressive to me. 

Archived