La Canfora: ‘I’m told’ McCarthy not expected to take Jets job

BroadwayRay

19 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

to wait for a better job with a better organization with a better overall foundation...not rocket science here folks.  We ARE the Jets.

Amen.

We have a poor history AND we kept the Moron who worked out Hackenberg and then picked him in the 2nd round.  You keep trash, don't expect people to want to work with trash.   The Johnsons are stupid for not cleaning house and hiring a GM and letting that person select the coach.  The structure we have now is not working and yet we still keep it.

So by McCarthy not taking the job, it shows that he is smart.  Hopefully Chris sees that the Albatross he chose to keep around his neck is not worth the trouble.  The best thing they can do is fire Mac and go get McKenzie and have him resume the interviews.  Eventually we have to try a different method.

farside_push_pull_door-203x300.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Actually, true. I worked a little bit with hollywood once upon a time as a screenwriter, and you'd be surprised how much importance agents place on being publicly perceived to have turned down the offer, over being turned down to hire. Different industry, similar PR tactics 

I guess, though I’d Imagine this is more a case of McCarthy wanting to be blown away by an offer and he didn’t get it.

I was on the fence about McCarthy, but when opening this site and seeing this news (real or not), I felt relief.   So at least I know my true feelings on him now.

Oh if you're looking for any analysis, I got nothing.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I guess, though I’d Imagine this is more a case of McCarthy wanting to be blown away by an offer and he didn’t get it.

If you're Mike Mccarthy- how many years and $$ are you asking from the Jets? Gotta be 8 mill plus, right?

2 minutes ago, AL047 said:

If he's not interested it could be because of these things:

1) How many years he wants to coach the Jets

2) He wants to be involved in the selecting of players (Draft and Free Agency) with the GM

3) Even though they have QB Darnold,, he sees the Jets as a project and doesn't want to rebuild

I don't  think any of those reasons hold water.

He is 55. That isn't old at all. He can coach another 10 years. 

If you are going to bring in a new HC, you have to get him players he wants. If you want to talk about it first fine but no GM brings in players that his HC wants  nothing  to do with.

Jets are on a fast track now to rebuilding. The hardest thing for them to find will be #1 WR's and a LT. The rest shouldn't  be that hard and even though a lot of people here like to rip on the defense, there are so e pretty talented players on that side of the ball and i think it was just not good coaching for the most part. 

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If this is true, then it is his loss.  Maybe his wife/family don't want the NJ lifestyle.  Maybe he wants to wait another year until Maccagnan gets fired.  Whatever it is, it doesn't matter.  I won't be shedding any tears.  

Wait who wants the nj lifestyle lol. Just read it’s the most exited state in the nation. People fleeing to Delaware and other cheaper states 

2 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I was on the fence about McCarthy, but when opening this site and seeing this news (real or not), I felt relief.   So at least I know my true feelings on him now.

Oh if you're looking for any analysis, I got nothing.

Don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place

34 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

All possible but why is he even interviewing if he wants to take a year off? If it's just a matter of hearing what people have to say, why leak this between interviews instead of after? It just doesn't add up for me.

Because he's not 100% sold on taking a yr off... if a situation arises where he feels good about he'll take it... if not, he can always take the yr off, I really don't see it as being anything more than that.

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Amen.

We have a poor history AND we kept the Moron who worked out Hackenberg and then picked him in the 2nd round.  You keep trash, don't expect people to want to work with trash.   The Johnsons are stupid for not cleaning house and hiring a GM and letting that person select the coach.  The structure we have now is not working and yet we still keep it.

So by McCarthy not taking the job, it shows that he is smart.  Hopefully Chris sees that the Albatross he chose to keep around his neck is not worth the trouble.  The best thing they can do is fire Mac and go get McKenzie and have him resume the interviews.  Eventually we have to try a different method.

farside_push_pull_door-203x300.jpg

I doubt Mac is the reason this story is out. There is nothing MM learned about Mac in the last 24 hours that would change his mind like this. If he had a preconceived  notion Mac is a cancer that should have been removed, then why spend so much time here yesterday

For me the jets coaching search is more about the do not want candidates than the want ones.

I'll be fine with mccarthy and some of the lesser known guys like rhule, monken kingsbury perhaps even gase.  I just do not want a guy I will dislike from day one and expect to fail like a caldwell (did not like him in det or indy)  , Richard  (do not want a young DC style coach), bieneimi  (do not like the recent info about his past history.)

And no, it is just pure chance I have made these observations above I am not a freaking racist.

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

Fine blame Chris, the substitute teacher 

Google Chris. What business has he ever run? 

Like his brother he relies on others for everything 

He signs the contract others negotiate 

Blame him for what??? They are still going through the hiring process.

38 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Johnson decides on the HC compensation, not Mac. The HC reports directly to the owner.

Did you find the business he ran yet? 

The only decisions this guy makes are the type of marble for the kitchen counters 

He's not running anything lol

Makes kind of sense to sit out and let him be the hot guy again all offseason, but he is passing on two great qbs to build around and they dont grow on trees..

I don’t want caldwell, gase or with the new info on bienemy, not him either.. I can convince myself on anyone else at this point

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Did you find the business he ran yet? 

The only decisions this guy makes are the type of marble for the kitchen counters 

He's not running anything lol

No. Thats the problem. He hires an interior decorator and a GC to handle those types of things, because he trusts professionals to make the best choices and implement them. But when it comes to The Jets, he does the exact opposite. 

Archived