Lamar Jackson

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

He has been bad. Watson screwed the pooch yesterday, too.   First time QB can be rough in the playoffs.   But I blame Bill O'Brien for yesterday. Awful offense, awful game plan.    7 yard drops and wait to be hit.  And honestly, when you take away Hopkins, Watson is naked.  And they did a great job on Hopkins.  Why can't our New Jack City do stuff like that?

Watson missed about 5-7 wide open throws yesterday that even an average QB should be hitting. He holds the ball way too long and if you take away Hopkins he's a below average QB. That has nothing to do with coaching. He's just not a very good QB. The QB position in the NFL will never ever change. You HAVE to be able to beat teams in the pocket. 

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

RGIII says hi. 

What does rg3 have to do with giving a kid credit for showing guts and almost pulling off an upset? Im not a Jackson fan, just warched a great football game and capable of giving credit where its due.

Folks forget Jackson wasn't supposed to start for two years.

He was brilliant at times.  Does he have to get much better?  Yes he does!

Can he? No doubt, the guy has TREMENDOUS poise.  He is so relaxed no matter what is happening out there.

This QB class was special.....

Baker, Sam, Allan, Jackson... Rosen....

Just special and very nice to see!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

What does rg3 have to do with giving a kid credit for showing guts and almost pulling off an upset? Im not a Jackson fan, just warched a great football game and capable of giving credit where its due.

He’s an accident waiting to happen just like RGIII. Exciting to watch but would be hard pressed to see him accomplish much in the NFL. Lacks touch, arm strength, accuracy and makes terrible decisions. Nice story but won’t have a long shelf life in NFL.

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Watson missed about 5-7 wide open throws yesterday that even an average QB should be hitting. He holds the ball way too long and if you take away Hopkins he's a below average QB. That has nothing to do with coaching. He's just not a very good QB. The QB position in the NFL will never ever change. You HAVE to be able to beat teams in the pocket. 

he takes unnecessary sacks, is not particuarly accurate.  He has physical skills. Probably needs better coaching and a better OC

• 10 months later...
Just now, Losmeister said:

i'd rather have the guy we could have selected...  samae guy who shredded this Cinci D ..

still praying for Sam...  but...   

I mean when your OL provides no times, commits a ton of penalties, and your receivers drop about 6 passes including a TD...it’s kind of tough to get into a groove 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I mean when your OL provides no times, commits a ton of penalties, and your receivers drop about 6 passes including a TD...it’s kind of tough to get into a groove 

you can still tough it out and make some plays. ya know LIFT the team, even a little, even in a loss.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i'd rather have the guy we could have selected...  samae guy who shredded this Cinci D ..

still praying for Sam...  but...   

So the almighty ravens beat the bengals by 6.  Running back Lamar Jackson had  19 carries for 152 yds and a TD.  He won’t last in the NFL. The second game against the immortal Ryan Finley he had 65 rushing yds and 223 in the air.  I’m not a believer yet.

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you can still tough it out and make some plays. ya know LIFT the team, even a little, even in a loss.

When your oline doesn’t show up and your receivers drop a ton of balls there is not much you can do UNLESS you want Sam to throw it, run, and catch it himself.  Be a little fair at least lol

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you prefer creating new threads for already discussed topics/themes?

No. I don't.  But somehow the necro poster missed the 17 threads about the topic from last week and stumbled across one from January?  Curious.

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

No. I don't.  But somehow the necro poster missed the 17 threads about the topic from last week and stumbled across one from January?  Curious.

there was no thread re: LJ was on the the 1st page, this was on the 2nd... shrug.

wtf is up with NECRO?

On 1/6/2019 at 4:23 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I think he'll be a flash in the pan. He'll be injured a lot and bounce around the league as a backup. Not the worst gig in the world.

does he fight dogs too?  seriously, jackson really needs to start thinking about throwing the ball more.  he's a great threat now because he can run but once he gets injured or his legs start giving up then he'll just be a passer and he doesn't do that quite well enough.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

does he fight dogs too?  seriously, jackson really needs to start thinking about throwing the ball more.  he's a great threat now because he can run but once he gets injured or his legs start giving up then he'll just be a passer and he doesn't do that quite well enough.

leads league in QBR. which doesnt count running. his QBR shot up from low 40's and is now low 80's

he pass run ratio is already shifted significantly since last year.

he doesnt get hit alot in case you havent noticed.

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

leads league in QBR. which doesnt count running. his QBR shot up from low 40's and is now low 80's

he pass run ratio is already shifted significantly since last year.

he doesnt get hit alot in case you havent noticed.

a couple of points.  there's only one lamar jackson type of qb in the league so it's going to take longer for teams to figure out how to stop him.  his scrambling puts such added pressure on the defenses that they pay less attention to the receivers so they get open.  as for his increase in qbr from last season to now, this is also a function of harbaugh/roman knowing how to get the rest of the team to learn jackson's playing style.