IF McCarthy is out, who is your #1 choice?

Sarge4Tide

McCarthy Out?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. IF it's true McCarthy is no longer an option, my #1 pick is.....

• Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Adam Gase
    • Kliff Kingsbury
    • Todd Monken
    • Matt Rhule
    • Kris Richard
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Was Mike McCarthy your 1st Choice prior to the unconfirmed report he wasn't interested?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You mean losing to a better team while playing your rookie QB in the 8th start of his career?

Or failing to adjust your gameplan and refusing to bench your rookie QB who has 6 yards passing through 3 quarters in a playoff game? Either or.

I'd be fine with Kingsbury or Richards as HC, depending on who is more the HC type along with the other as the coordinator.  

That said Monken is interesting too given his success with Jameis/Fitz i n Tampa

Dont know enough about Ruhl as a HC but college coaches dont turn me off.

3 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Or failing to adjust your gameplan and refusing to bench your rookie QB who has 6 yards passing through 3 quarters in a playoff game? Either or.

No, starting with not giving him enough credit for taking this team to the division title and playoffs.

Still, he has to go to Flacco, Jackson looks like shlt

4 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Whatever.  Perhaps you should add your name to the list of candidates. You clearly know more about being a HC than most NFL coaches. 

If McCarthy is out and the Browns get rid of Williams then you have to make Williams the highest paid DC in the league and pair him with whoever we get.

Or make Williams the HC and Kingsbury the OC..  that might be the best option.

Can't shake the feeling that hiring Kingsbury as HC would be a monumental disaster.

I voted Monken, but Kingsbury and Ruhle are interesting too. Do not want Case or Caldwell
Out of "those" I would go Caldwell. The others are intriguing but they need a non BS coach. I don't believe Caldwell was considered a pushover..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived