IF McCarthy is out, who is your #1 choice?

Sarge4Tide

McCarthy Out?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. IF it's true McCarthy is no longer an option, my #1 pick is.....

• Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Adam Gase
    • Kliff Kingsbury
    • Todd Monken
    • Matt Rhule
    • Kris Richard
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Was Mike McCarthy your 1st Choice prior to the unconfirmed report he wasn't interested?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCarthy is my 1st choice but not by a lot.  My second choice is monken.  I just think his resume is decent.  Some time in the NFL before the tampa job.  Did a good job in tampa, head coaching in college and really improved the team he was coaching.

My overall #1 choice the jets do not seem to be considering and that is Pete Carmchael.

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

Or failing to adjust your gameplan and refusing to bench your rookie QB who has 6 yards passing through 3 quarters in a playoff game? Either or.

I'm sure tossing in the statue of a QB who did not take starter reps is the answer for one of the top pass rush teams in the league

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I'm sure tossing in the statue of a QB who did not take starter reps is the answer for one of the top pass rush teams in the league

Youre right, Lamar was doing great. 6 yards through 3 quarters. Flacco, a superbowl mvp, couldnt do any better ?

2 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Youre right, Lamar was doing great. 6 yards through 3 quarters. Flacco, a superbowl mvp, couldnt do any better ?

If they make the switch to Flacco there is a really good chance they don't sniff 17 points. Lamar running around is the reason there was any offense with the way the Chargers defense was playing today. The issue with Flacco is the same issue the Giants have with Eli, they can't move laterally to avoid a pass rush. 

11 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

The whole Ravens offensive game plan has been redesigned around Jackson for 2 months now. In case you haven't noticed, Flacco and Jackson aren't exactly the same QB. But heck, why not have Flacco go out there and draw up some plays in the dirt, because you and Jim Nantz think it might be a good idea. We can also forget the fact that Jackson was one 3rd down incompletion with just under 2 minutes left away from scaring the s*it outta the Chargers, maybe even winning the damned game. 

At first I felt Rhule should be the guy. But the more I think about it, the more I feel Gase is the right one for the job. He is young (40) but experienced, has a very strong offensive background, and unlike Bowles is no nonsense with his players. 

He checks every box. 

Mike Munchak or Beinemy. Both have experience coaching in this league and would do the job imo. I don't see the reasoning behind Bienemy only being an OC for one year as being a reason for not hiring him. So a guy who has no coaching experience at this level is better? Makes no sense. You go with the guys with experience when dealing with a young QB. There are some exceptions to that but for the most part you need experience to develop that young guy.

I like that Munchak was a HOF OL. This is a major need on this team. Why not have an experienced OL guy to work this struggling OL into shape? Munchaks selection would mean he needs strong coordinators on both sides of the ball but I think it could work. Either of these candidates would be as good as anyone else mentioned on these boards at this time.

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

At first I felt Rhule should be the guy. But the more I think about it, the more I feel Gase is the right one for the job. He is young (40) but experienced, has a very strong offensive background, and unlike Bowles is no nonsense with his players. 

He checks every box.  

Gase would be swinging the pendulum too far in the other direction in terms of a coaching style.

He will alienate everyone in the locker room other than the QB.  Reminds me of Todd Haley.

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

He checks every box. 

Gase also did well with the Dolphins this year and apparently Peyton Manning “swears by him”.  But, like Mangini, he has trouble dealing with owners.  I’m on the fence about Gase.   I could prob talk myself into the move if it happened 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase also did well with the Dolphins this year and apparently Peyton Manning “swears by him”.  But, like Mangini, he has trouble dealing with owners.  I’m on the fence about Gase.   I could prob talk myself into the move if it happened 

Terrific QB Coach.  Excellent OC.  Horrible HC. 

It happens. 

The one thing that keeps popping up from people in NFL circles that mention Rhule are his relationships and his ability to put together a top notch staff. I have heard that in 3-4 interviews in various spots when guys were talking about potential coaches. That can't be overstated, especially for a first time HC.

Archived