IF McCarthy is out, who is your #1 choice?

Sarge4Tide

McCarthy Out?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. IF it's true McCarthy is no longer an option, my #1 pick is.....

• Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Adam Gase
    • Kliff Kingsbury
    • Todd Monken
    • Matt Rhule
    • Kris Richard
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Was Mike McCarthy your 1st Choice prior to the unconfirmed report he wasn't interested?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase would be swinging the pendulum too far in the other direction in terms of a coaching style.

He will alienate everyone in the locker room other than the QB.  Reminds me of Todd Haley.

I think the stuff about his attitude has become way overblown. 

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think the stuff about his attitude has become way overblown. 

Attitude doesn't matter as much to me as this:  He's a play-caller by trade, and at a genius level at that.  He likes being in control of the offense.  He does that in expense of other areas of the team.  Even the Dolphins' players who were on his side of the fence said as much. 

That's not the makeup of a HC.  And he likely will never change in that regard.  He's too smart for his own good.  That makes him the perfect OC, and a bad fit as a HC. 

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Attitude doesn't matter as much to me as this:  He's a play-caller by trade, and at a genius level at that.  He likes being in control of the offense.  He does that in expense of other areas of the team.  Even the Dolphins' players who were on his side of the fence said as much. 

That's not the makeup of a HC.  And he likely will never change in that regard.  He's too smart for his own good.  That makes him the perfect OC, and a bad fit as a HC. 

Gase has too much Mangini in him.  Don’t get me wrong I think he’s better than Mangini but his personality is similar and players, especially free agents, don’t want to play with that type of coaching

Can I get some combination of Richard/Sexbury, Richard/Monken or Richard/Caldwell? 

I don't really care in these situations who the HC would be...well except no Caldwell as HC.

But give me Richard running the defense (as HC or as DC) and Sexbury, Monken or Caldwell grooming Darnold and I would be THRILLED.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Suh is known to be a huge a$$hole. It isn't surprising that he'd hate a coach who won't take any crap from him.

Landry might be the same way. Not sure about him.

Tannehill I know sucks but him and Gase couldn’t get along and I’m hearing other stuff was going on

Gase is an abrasive guy.  He’s probably the best HC available who would actually take the Jet job but he’s going to scare away free agents and we need to sign about a dozen high level FA’s to fix this roster

Archived