Pats* in for beautiful Kliff?

mrcoops

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No surprise at all Kliff Kingsbury is an up and coming NFL coach, Jets can derail all this by hiring him as our HC. 

That is not why you hire a Head Coach. 

What the Patriots want to do shouldn't drive what we do, they win that battle all day long.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

That is not why you hire a Head Coach. 

What the Patriots want to do shouldn't drive what we do, they win that battle all day long.

Kliff Kingsbury wouldn't be a reach for a HC if the NY Jets hired him. 

The are worse candidates in the running. 

35 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Serious? Or just the Cheats messing with our heads?

So the choice would be HC for the Jets or OC for the Patriots?  Makes no sense.  If he winds up OC for NE, then the Jets decided they didn't want him for HC.  And even if it is for an OC job, 4 sure years of Darnold.  Might be more appealing than watching the eventual deterioration of Tom Brady and the awkward replacement moment that will happen at some point.   

Don't see it at all. Brady isn't learning a new offense ever. Kingsbury would be expected to learn the offense they already have in place and maybe add a few wrinkles and call the plays. All while working with a geriatric head coach and QB. For all the team's success in recent years, I just can't believe that they'd be the preferred destination for a supposedly great offensive mind. That kind of guy is going to want to make his mark with his own QB.  

Thing is Patriots know he’s not ready to be a head coach so by showing interest in him they might coerce another team like the Jets to hire him as their head coach before NE gets their claws in him knowing he will fail as a head coach but he would be a great O Coordinator. So no other team will get him as an O coordinator but the Pats. Patriots are pushing the pencil on this guy. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Don't see it at all. Brady isn't learning a new offense ever. Kingsbury would be expected to learn the offense they already have in place and maybe add a few wrinkles and call the plays. All while working with a geriatric head coach and QB. For all the team's success in recent years, I just can't believe that they'd be the preferred destination for a supposedly great offensive mind. That kind of guy is going to want to make his mark with his own QB.  

The Patriots offense is preeicated on the air raid. He would be more than able to adjust to the plays and designs, and add to it.

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Thing is Patriots know he’s not ready to be a head coach so by showing interest in him they might coerce another team like the Jets to hire him as their head coach before NE gets their claws in him knowing he will fail as a head coach but he would be a great O Coordinator. So no other team will get him as an O coordinator but the Pats. Patriots are pushing the pencil on this guy. 

That's what I was thinking. It's the Cheats feigning interest to trick us into jumping in and hiring him as HC. Kind of like when they were supposed to be hot for Vernon Gholston right after our pick.

This is seriously the WORST candidate we are looking at with the worst record, the lowest floor, the highest bust potential and NO reason for us to believe he is a guy that can turn around a professional football franchise or have a winning record. 

It's insane that he is being looked at as anything other than an OC because on this level he hasnt even proven that he can be good at that. 

I'd bet money that any interest in him was more of a gauge in his interest in joining someone else's staff an an OC or QB coach, nothing more. 

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The Patriots offense is preeicated on the air raid. He would be more than able to adjust to the plays and designs, and add to it.

That doesn't make working with a 42-year-old Tom Brady during the Pats inevitable decline any more attractive. Browns, Jets, Cards, etc., are the places I think he'd be looking at. Places he could bring a down team up, not ride an up team down. 

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I'd bet money that any interest in him was more of a gauge in his interest in joining someone else's staff an an OC or QB coach, nothing more.

I agree. I think that's what a lot of these interviews are for a lot of other teams, too. Head coach interviews give an organization the opportunity to meet with a lot of people they might have an interest in - or might be hired somewhere else. Could be similar motivation with the Kris Richard interview. 

33 minutes ago, slats said:

I agree with this. It doesn't seem like were he would want to go to make his mark. Unless it's to be the heir apparent after a few years of being groomed by one of if the not the greatest, most cheatinest coach of all time. That could have some serious allure. 

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I agree with this. It doesn't seem like were he would want to go to make his mark. Unless it's to be the heir apparent after a few years of being groomed by one of if the not the greatest, most cheatinest coach of all time. That could have some serious allure. 

I thought about this for about a half a second before deciding that taking over as the next head coach of the Pats after Belichick and Brady retire might be the least attractive job in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I thought about this for about a half a second before deciding that taking over as the next head coach of the Pats after Belichick and Brady retire might be the least attractive job in the NFL. 

Good point. The guy who follows that act is going to have a pretty tough time meeting expectations I'd imagine. 

53 minutes ago, slats said:

Great points. Hmmmm l wonder like who? KK did coach Mayfield as a rookie and was instrumental in kicking off his career. But he seems to be a guy that would soak up the limelight in NY and Darnold is the perfect protege to mentor. 

8 minutes ago, BigO said:

Great points. Hmmmm l wonder like who? KK did coach Mayfield as a rookie and was instrumental in kicking off his career. But he seems to be a guy that would soak up the limelight in NY and Darnold is the perfect protege to mentor. 

Another way to frame this:

KK once coached a future Heisman winner, and #1 overall draft pick, AND the current NFL MVP...and still chose to start our current back-up, Davis Webb, over them. 

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Another way to frame this:

KK once coached a future Heisman winner, and #1 overall draft pick, AND the current NFL MVP...and still chose to start our current back-up, Davis Webb, over them. 

What’s your point? Players peak at different times. Hack, in his freshman year was considered an absolute #1 pick in the draft. Things change. And Yes he coached Johnny Manziel. He’s influenced alot of good QB’s. 

12 minutes ago, BigO said:

What’s your point? Players peak at different times. Hack, in his freshman year was considered an absolute #1 pick in the draft. Things change. And Yes he coached Johnny Manziel. He’s influenced alot of good QB’s. 

Not sure of your point either, but I’ll say this.  The guy knows QBs, or at least has been around a couple that put up stats in his all-passing attack offenses. 

He still holds NCAA records, he was a backup in the NFL for 3 seasons before playing in Canada for 2.

Then he was an OC/QB coach for 4 years before getting a crack at being a HC, where after posting a losing record (35-40) he was delegated to another OC job. 

And now we want him to be our head honcho, a job he WASN'T good at.

As a COORDINATOR? I’m on board. As a QB coach? I’m on board.  

But to be the HEAD coach? Why?!

18 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not sure of your point either, but I’ll say this.  The guy knows QBs, or at least has been around a couple that put up stats in his all-passing attack offenses. 

He still holds NCAA records, he was a backup in the NFL for 3 seasons before playing in Canada for 2.

Then he was an OC/QB coach for 4 years before getting a crack at being a HC, where after posting a losing record (35-40) he was delegated to another OC job. 

And now we want him to be our head honcho, a job he WASN'T good at.

As a COORDINATOR? I’m on board. As a QB coach? I’m on board.  

But to be the HEAD coach? Why?!

Because he’s young, smart, and experienced with young qb’s which we happen to have. People need to realize Sam is just a kid. Both of them can learn and develop. Just get some experienced coordinators in here to mentor him. I’m thinking long term here. 

Archived