Ralph Vacchiano "Mike McCarthy is still a candidate for the Jets' job"

Jetsbb

Not sure if this has been posted, which is why I didn't start another Mike McCarthy thread, as if we need another one. Lol

Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com reports that McCarthy or his representatives have spoken to the Browns, but that plans to move forward with a formal interview are “on hold” while the Browns speak to other candidates. Their offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens interviewed for the top job on Monday and the team has spoken to six others over the last week. McCarthy has interviewed with the Jets and, per Demovsky, is “very much in play” for that opening.

I believe we will find out Mike McCarthy is the next head coach of the Jets tonight, which gives McCarthy a jump assembling a staff. I know a lot want the sexy hire Kliff Kingsbury, but I like my coaches fat like Andy Reid and Weeb.

Note: Just started going through the thread and see this is already posted. Woops.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Not sure if this has been posted, which is why I didn't start another Mike McCarthy thread, as if we need another one. Lol

Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com reports that McCarthy or his representatives have spoken to the Browns, but that plans to move forward with a formal interview are “on hold” while the Browns speak to other candidates. Their offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens interviewed for the top job on Monday and the team has spoken to six others over the last week. McCarthy has interviewed with the Jets and, per Demovsky, is “very much in play” for that opening.

I believe we will find out Mike McCarthy is the next head coach of the Jets tonight, which gives McCarthy a jump assembling a staff. I know a lot want the sexy hire Kliff Kingsbury, but I like my coaches fat like Andy Reid and Weeb.

Think browns are putting on airs. Think their job is the Gucci job + the relationships in place already, so when they popped in to interview before jets when jets were already scheduled some sh*t hit the fan. Then, when McCarthy camp went back again and interviewed w jets anyway and stayed longer they were all like “fine then”

pure speculation 

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Note: Just started going through the thread and see this is already posted. Woops.

Man I am hoping so. Now that the Packers have hired a HC, the dominos could start falling quickly and here we could be, on the sideline trying to interview Monken today.... 

My opinion.

Pay the Man, don't be afraid to shell out the $$$ for him and the staff he wants to build. You can't put a price on winning. McCarthy will bring stability and I believe that he can and will make the necessary changes compared to what we are hearing. 

This is a crucial time and hire for this franchise. This is very reminiscent of the Andy Reid/Eagles/KC offseason. 

Lets get this done

2 hours ago, Stark said:

Man I am hoping so. Now that the Packers have hired a HC, the dominos could start falling quickly and here we could be, on the sideline trying to interview Monken today.... 

My opinion.

Pay the Man, don't be afraid to shell out the $$$ for him and the staff he wants to build. You can't put a price on winning. McCarthy will bring stability and I believe that he can and will make the necessary changes compared to what we are hearing. 

This is a crucial time and hire for this franchise. This is very reminiscent of the Andy Reid/Eagles/KC offseason. 

Lets get this done

I'm not a huge fan of McCarthy but I just can't see hiring an inexperienced guy with the boob GM. At this point Caldwell or Gase would be my #2. 

My true preference would be strong GM with an up and coming HC that can learn on the job with a lot of talent and strong organization around them, similiar to Pitts/Tomlin or Baltimore/Harbaugh. Sticking a guy like Klingsbury on a team largely devoid of talent with a dysfunctional organization has about as much chance as working out as Crushers latest diet.

21 minutes ago, Stark said:

My opinion.

Lets get this done

I appreciate the Jets being thorough and doing their due diligence, but once the interviews are over have a meeting, and go through the process to select the next head coach. No 2nd interviews. I believe the Jets are done with their interviews after Monken today. Make a choice tonight, or no later than tomorrow morning.

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

That does worry me. I hope it’s because MM doesn’t want another premadonna ? Or does the Cleveland golden boy want KK as his HC. We’ll see how it goes 

Not sure Baker wants anything to do w/ KK.

35 minutes ago, Stark said:

My opinion.

Lets get this done

That is why I think they are talking to everyone they have an interest in. Leave nothing to chance here, because , as you said, it is vital to get this right. But to your point, I would love McCarthy, too.

3 hours ago, CTM said:

I'm not a huge fan of McCarthy but I just can't see hiring an inexperienced guy with the boob GM. At this point Caldwell or Gase would be my #2. 

My true preference would be strong GM with an up and coming HC that can learn on the job with a lot of talent and strong organization around them, similiar to Pitts/Tomlin or Baltimore/Harbaugh. Sticking a guy like Klingsbury on a team largely devoid of talent with a dysfunctional organization has about as much chance as working out as Crushers latest diet.

statements like this deserve 2 upvotes and a laugh..

Archived