Jay Glazer: "Kliff Kingsbury is interviewing with NFL teams, which likely means he has resigned as USC offensive coordinator"

Jetsbb

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Might have come to an agreement that he can interview for HC jobs, but not for OC positions or something like that?

That's a good guess. It makes sense to USC.  It's bad form to deny an employee a chance to interview for a promotion (HC gig), but justifiable if a lateral move (OC).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Bruce Feldman just tweeted that Kingsbury is meeting with the Jets right now.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jason La Confora just said that the Jets have already met with Rhule

If this is all true they certainly are moving fast, I'll give them credit for that.

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mahomes was raw coming into the league. He was athletically amazing and it helped him against small school competition. He credits Andy Reid with being able to read NFL defenses now. Guy sat a year and learned. I really don’t think KK had Mahomes “Pro ready”. 

He didn’t even recognize Mayfield’s talents and he sure didn’t want him starting. He barely touched Mayfield from a development standpoint and it was Lincoln Riley who had Mayfield balling. Riley incorporated pro style concepts and had Mayfield spitting it back to him as quick as he drew it up.

Webb? Oh Jesus.

Manziel? Manziel played backyard football, ran around and chucked it up to Mike Evans. He was also a huge failure in the league.

averaging those numbers in the Big 10 is not uncommon nor is it that hard when considering that Big 10 defense’s practically don’t even exist.

Was instrumental in developing Manziel, Webb, Mayfield, Mahomes

Given all the uncertainty, I think emotionally investing in any specific individual candidate is probably a bad idea.

I hope we get the one who turns out the best.  I prefer a veteran like McCarthy, but it will be what it will be, and I hope it works out.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just seen Jay post this. Things just got very interesting in the Jets HC search, no matter if you like KK or not(which I don’t )

Not as a HC, I agree. would be fine if he was the OC

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Kliff Kingsbury could be the next Matt Nagy or Sean McVay we need a young energetic risk taking HC someone who will lead this team in winning a Super Bowl in todays NFL. 

Of course, because his magnificent winning record as a HC is something that will translate well to the NFL.  Oh wait, he just got fired?  Gotta have him.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

So Nagy and McVay won Super Bowls before they were hired? 

Who said anything about winning a SB?  The were assistants in the NFL at least.  Klingsbury had a losing record and got booted from his last job.

16 minutes ago, BigO said:

No one loses that nfc championship game vs the Seahawks- not even Kotite or Bowles

Epic loss., but now one conference title game is going to define the guy forever? Would you hire Pete Carroll after not giving the ball to Lynch at the 1 yard line in the SB? What about BB after he had Gronk playing safety? Guys have bad moments. You can't sneer at consistent winning. 

40 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

McCarthy fired because he couldn't work with an elite QB . 1 SB with possibly the 2 best QB's to ever play the game 

Favre and Rodgers are the two best QBs of all-time? 

Where do you get your weed?

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Bruce Feldman just tweeted that Kingsbury is meeting with the Jets right now.

Did the Jets FO brass fly out here to L.A.?  He was in his office at SC working this morning, like last week. 

*Bruce Feldman is excellent, one of the best, he’s based in L.A., was connections at USC.  Wrote the book “Meat Market”

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Epic loss., but now one conference title game is going to define the guy forever? Would you hire Pete Carroll after not giving the ball to Lynch at the 1 yard line in the SB? What about BB after he had Gronk playing safety? Guys have bad moments. You can't sneer at consistent winning. 

Favre and Rodgers are the two best QBs of all-time? 

Where do you get your weed?

Check McCarthy’s championship conference record so he won one and lost like 1 billion

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

McCarthy fired because he couldn't work with an elite QB . 1 SB with possibly the 2 best QB's to ever play the game 

HUH ? How many years was he with Rodgers ? Didn't they win a Super Bowl together ? Get real.

Archived