Jets already "discussed" HC job with Rhule

IndianaJet

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i suspect he's the fallback if mccarthy turns them off, or rejects them.  

I suspect McCarthy is the fall back.  Otherwise he would have gotten a more solid offer over the weekend.  

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I suspect McCarthy is the fall back.  Otherwise he would have gotten a more solid offer over the weekend.  

Or we wanted to interview all options at HC? What offer was made? or are you assuming that we made a weak offer?

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Or we wanted to interview all options at HC? What offer was made? or are you assuming that we made a weak offer?

Agree.  But what you have to do is factor in the we're the Jets nonsense that takes over some of this fanbases thinking.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

How do you know McCarthy doesn't have an offer from the Jets in his pocket?

And exactly where did say he didn't?

All because I don't fall into the idea that no one wants the job?  My point is no one knows but the whiners come our of the woodwork

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I bet he does.

Yeah, I suspect he does also.

Lot to this for a guy like Mc Carthy.  He's been an NFL HC for a dozen years, will be paid $8,000,000 this year to sit on his coach.  It's not like he needs the money.

Also there is the family angle.  He has school age children, wonder what the wife thinks about NYC?  I know in my case I couldn't get my wife to move to the area with a gun.  She's been there with me many times, and now I can't even get her to go for a visit.  LOL  Doesn't really matter most of my family moved out of the area anyway

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah, I suspect he does also.

Lot to this for a guy like Mc Carthy.  He's been an NFL HC for a dozen years, will be paid $8,000,000 this year to sit on his coach.  It's not like he needs the money.

Also there is the family angle.  He has school age children, wonder what the wife thinks about NYC?  I know in my case I couldn't get my wife to move to the area with a gun.  She's been there with me many times, and now I can't even get her to go for a visit.  LOL  Doesn't really matter most of my family moved out of the area anyway

The family angle is a solid one. If he really doesn’t want to uproot his kids, then that’s something that really could impede a NYJ hire. I’m getting the feeling he sits this year out.

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Rhule with Kingsbury as OC. Get a HC that is known for establishing a vision. An OC known for creativituty. Then hire Gregg Williams to coach the defense.

This and I think you can also plug in Schwartz to one of those spots as well ...either way I would be happy

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

did he get an offer or just interview?  some reports say chris johnson is enamoured with mccarthy.  to me that means he doesn't get let out the door unless his demands are too outrageous.

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hey, a few of you guys that like Matt Rhule. 

Really give me some points to consider. I kind of want to buy into this guy

Lots of people close to and within the NFL speak very highly of Rhule and think he has what it takes to succeed as an NFL coach. I've seen glowing recommendations on him from Daniel Jeremiah, Damien Woody, Brian Baldinger amongst others. Andy Reid rates him highly as a coach, and commended his hiring by Baylor.

The Colts were very interested in him last year before hiring hiring McDaniels, and again before hiring Reich.

He has reinvigorated two college teams, is a great leader, has coached just about every position in the game, is creative, a terrific teacher, and adapts his schemes to the strengths of his players.

The Jets seem highly interested, and I think he would be a good choice for this team.

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Rhule with Kingsbury as OC. Get a HC that is known for establishing a vision. An OC known for creativituty. Then hire Gregg Williams to coach the defense.

not a bad combination mainly because they all have some hc experience and know the game.  one of bowles biggest issues was surrounding himself with first timers like kacy.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

This is the best part for me. I wonder what he can do to further develop Darnold though.

A legit concern. He has been on OC and QB coach, but he has never really developed a star.

He would need a strong QB coach/OC but I think he is an excellent all-round HC.

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Lots of people close to and within the NFL speak very highly of Rhule and think he has what it takes to succeed as an NFL coach. I've seen glowing recommendations on him from Daniel Jeremiah, Damien Woody, Brian Baldinger amongst others. Andy Reid rates him highly as a coach, and commended his hiring by Baylor.

The Colts were very interested in him last year before hiring hiring McDaniels, and again before hiring Reich.

He has reinvigorated two college teams, is a great leader, has coached just about every position in the game, is creative, a terrific teacher, and adapts his schemes to the strengths of his players.

The Jets seem highly interested, and I think he would be a good choice for this team.

To this point, lots of these guys also think he would have no problem putting together a really good staff.

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

did he get an offer or just interview?  some reports say chris johnson is enamoured with mccarthy.  to me that means he doesn't get let out the door unless his demands are too outrageous.

Not if youre not totally sold on him and have other interviews scheduled.

On one hand we want to be thorough, on the other some fans want to go through half their interviews and just hire somebody.

Archived