Bruce Feldman: Source Kliff Kingsbury is meeting with the New York Jets now regarding their head coaching vacancy.

Jetsbb

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like him because I think he is a brilliant offensive mind. Just not sure he is ready to take on a HC gig.

I know some people prefer him as our OC.... so do I. but if he does a great job with Darnold we will lose him next offseason. 

Would love to pair him with a veteran defensive coordinator. 

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

What what?  Say what you want about Mac but they are going after all potential coaches very quickly.

With as many openings as they are we should try to interview all the candidates as quick as possible. and we are.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Caldwell and Kingsbury today after Richard and Rhule yesterday.. 

Monken tomorrow then on Wed announce McCarthy as new HC.

We need to not have whoever the "top HC" choice is hired out from under us. 

I don't get the fascination for a guy that just got fired from his college gig with a losing record.  Do we never learn?  He has done zero to even merit a spot on the radar.  Jets fans are masochists, always looking for that next kick in the balls.  I would be satisfied with him as an OC, but no way as HC.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why

From his first year in Houston where he immediately took over as OC to his time in A&M and then his time at Texas Tech he was always running innovative offenses and producing every year.

Would much rather have seen him succeed as a Head Coach or see him succeed as an OC in the NFL, but there is no disputing his ability to work with Darnold. 

Plus I think he is better suited to handle the likes of Jamal Adams and even a Leveon Bell/Holmes type. 

If we are looking for the next Mcvay, he is the one that fits that mold. But it is not a slam dunk. Then again, none of the candidates are slam dunks or they wouldn't be available. 

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wow...

I gotta be honest, the Jets are really setting these up quietly.   They're going about their business as a professionally run organization for a change..

Maybe I've been too hard on CJ - let's just hope they get this right.

This is pretty impressive. If you interview all your candidates before anyone else, you theoretically should be able to offer the job to your first choice. Seems like they may have one more to go.....Monken tomorrow?  This is so Un-Jet like, it's actually pretty cool.?

8 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I don't get the fascination for a guy that just got fired from his college gig with a losing record.  Do we never learn?  He has done zero to even merit a spot on the radar.  Jets fans are masochists, always looking for that next kick in the balls.  I would be satisfied with him as an OC, but no way as HC.

I dont see how many times I have said the SAME D@MN THING.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

From his first year in Houston where he immediately took over as OC to his time in A&M and then his time at Texas Tech he was always running innovative offenses and producing every year.

Would much rather have seen him succeed as a Head Coach or see him succeed as an OC in the NFL, but there is no disputing his ability to work with Darnold. 

Plus I think he is better suited to handle the likes of Jamal Adams and even a Leveon Bell/Holmes type. 

If we are looking for the next Mcvay, he is the one that fits that mold. But it is not a slam dunk. Then again, none of the candidates are slam dunks or they wouldn't be available. 

Their molds couldn’t be any more different.  Other than being under 40, what do they have in common?   

Archived