Bruce Feldman: Source Kliff Kingsbury is meeting with the New York Jets now regarding their head coaching vacancy.

Jetsbb

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Again, and I hate to repeat myself on this:

- Coached 3/4 of every position on offense and defense including DL, LB’s, OL, TE’s, QB’s and spent time as a ST coach.

- Has 5+ years of offensive play calling experience 

- Has turned around 2 collegiate programs within a span of 5 years

- Connections to Tom Coughlin and is supposedly highly thought of around the NFL

- Has a reputation as a disciplinarian who stresses the fundamentals and possesses leadership qualities that are highly respected and sought after in coaching circles.

Not exactly a terrible resume to take into the interviewing process.  Not exactly a sh*t candidate either.

This has "out of the league in 3 years" written all over it...NONE of this is impressive...NONE of this prepares you to lead an NFL franchise to a Super Bowl.  What a disaster.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

you got it.

See: Todd Bowles.

We just had TODD BOWLES! And now these people want Matt ******* Rhule and Kliff ******* Kingsbury? I think I am going to hurl.

I don't like Rhule. Who do you want as the next head coach?

I'd be pretty happy with Kingsbury.

I'm sure he has developed more QBs for the NFL than saban or urban Meyer.  He has his fingerprint on manziel, Mayfield, Webb, keenum, and mahomes. He develops and Churns out pro QBs. 

The goal here is to develop darnold, the wins will follow.

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Again, and I hate to repeat myself on this:

- Coached 3/4 of every position on offense and defense including DL, LB’s, OL, TE’s, QB’s and spent time as a ST coach.

- Has 5+ years of offensive play calling experience 

- Has turned around 2 collegiate programs within a span of 5 years

- Connections to Tom Coughlin and is supposedly highly thought of around the NFL

- Has a reputation as a disciplinarian who stresses the fundamentals and possesses leadership qualities that are highly respected and sought after in coaching circles.

Not exactly a terrible resume to take into the interviewing process.  Not exactly a sh*t candidate either.

Baylor was 4-5 in the big 12 and 7-6 overall. Who were their quality wins against?  They had one win against a team.thst ended the season with a winning record, Okla st which finished 7-6. All the other victories we're against under .500 teams.

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

This has "out of the league in 3 years" written all over it...NONE of this is impressive...NONE of this prepares you to lead an NFL franchise to a Super Bowl.  What a disaster.

So what exactly are you looking for?

McCarthy is literally the only proven, successful veteran NFL coach being considered.

Everyone else is either a shot in the dark NFL coordinator or college HC.

Not just for the Jets, but for everyone sans the Bucs if the Arians news is legit. And even then, the Jets had no chance in hell of landing papa Bowles.

6 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I'm sure he has developed more QBs for the NFL than saban or urban Meyer.  He has his fingerprint on manziel, Mayfield, Webb, keenum, and mahomes. He develops and Churns out pro QBs. 

I want:

Current/Former NFL Head Coach

Track Record of Success in NFL as a Head Coach.

Period.  End of story.

8 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Which is great...for a QB COACH!  Maybe...maybe even an Offensive Coordinator.  We are hiring for a Head ******* Coach position people!

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Baylor was 4-5 in the big 12 and 7-6 overall. Who were their quality wins against?  They had one win against a team.thst ended the season with a winning record, Okla st which finished 7-6. All the other victories we're against under .500 teams.

He lead Temple to a win over Penn State for the first time in decades.

The guy has coaching/playing experience at damn near every position of the game, has the better part of a decades experience orchestrating an offense, is highly regarded as a leader/motivator and has connections to Coughlin...

Not a terrible resume by any stretch 

Just now, Untouchable said:

The guy has coaching/playing experience at damn near every position of the game, has the better part of a decades experience orchestrating an offense, is highly regarded as a leader/motivator and has connections to Coughlin...

If he's so wonderful why isn't coughlin hiring him? 

12 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Which is great...for a QB COACH!  Maybe...maybe even an Offensive Coordinator.  We are hiring for a Head ******* Coach position people!

So mcvay doesn't get credit for turning around Goff? Reid doesn't get credit for Mahomes? McCarthy isn't credited for Aaron Rodgers? Etc. Etc. He has an innovative offense and develops QBs. This is the type of coach the jets need.

Who do you want for the H.C. position?

39 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

you have got to be kidding me right?  A bunch of hack college coaches are better than a proven NFL coach with a Super Bowl Ring to his name? What in God's name is going on here?  

Yes. I will use Chris Nimbley's words:

People really need to stop acting like there’s a huge difference in the “leadership ability” of these coaches. They’re all basically the same guy, what separates them is their scheme and philosophy as well as their willingness to adjust

Below are my words but cant fix the font"

If you really think about it, McCarthy through that prism is the worst of all candidates. 

The only thing FOR hiring McCarthy is the perception that because he was successful before that will continue here. ANYONE but McCarthy. It is also assumed by the way, that the person in the wrong in the Rodgers/McCarthy dispute is Rodgers. He is not. It is the inflexibility to change or adapt or tailor pretty much anything to his own team.

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

So mcvay doesn't get credit for turning around Goff? Reid doesn't get credit for Mahomes? McCarthy isn't credited for Aaron Rodgers? Etc. Etc. This is the type of coach we need. He has an innovative offense and develops QBs. This is the type of coach the jets need.

Who do you want for the H.C. position?

Reid.  I take him.

McCarthy. I take him.

McVay.  I take him.  Once in a blue moon someone like that comes along.

NONE of these candidates are any of those 3. Sorry.

Just now, johnnysd said:

Yes. I will use Chris Nimbley's words:

People really need to stop acting like there’s a huge difference in the “leadership ability” of these coaches. They’re all basically the same guy, what separates them is their scheme and philosophy as well as their willingness to adjust

Below are my words but cant fix the font"

If you really think about it, McCarthy through that prism is the worst of all candidates. 

The only thing FOR hiring McCarthy is the perception that because he was successful before that will continue here. ANYONE but McCarthy. It is also assumed by the way, that the person in the wrong in the Rodgers/McCarthy dispute is Rodgers. He is not. It is the inflexibility to change or adapt or tailor pretty much anything to his own team.

The best indicator of FUTURE success is PAST succes...ever heard of a resume? That's how people get hired man.

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

The best indicator of FUTURE success is PAST succes...ever heard of a resume? That's how people get hired man.

Not in an ever changing environment like the NFL. The NFL has passed this guy by. Worst candidate of all because he specifically and intentionally WILL NOT adapt, and he is a terrible in game manager. He would be as bad of a hire as Bowles.

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Because Marrone is 1 year removed from winning his division and coming within 5 mins of a Superbowl birth...with Blake Bortles as his QB...

Nick Saban is well liked by and coached with BB. After turning Michigan State around and winning a national title at LSU, he flamed out in Miami. Based on your evaluative criteria, he should have been great at Miami. So, why should I trust your evaluation. Why would this guy be any better than Saban?

45 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

you got it.

See: Todd Bowles.

We just had TODD BOWLES! And now these people want Matt ******* Rhule and Kliff ******* Kingsbury? I think I am going to hurl.

It's ridiculous.  I hate that they are making me long for a guy like Caldwell, lol.

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Jim Caldwell led the lions to the first victory over Green Bay at Lambeau since 1991

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I'd be fine with McCarthy. But you have to admit that he has his flaws too. And he might not want to come here.

I never said perfect.  I just said the best possible candidate on the market.  Once he's officially off the market, we can move on...and moving on will lead us to a pile of garbage left over from the looks of it...

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I never said perfect.  I just said the best possible candidate on the market.  Once he's officially off the market, we can move on...and moving on will lead us to a pile of garbage left over from the looks of it...

I hear ya. Personally I'd love Arians but that's not going to happen. If McCarthy is out I wouldn't be upset with a guy like Kingsbury or Monken.

Who would be your next choice? Gase has a good track record with QBs but he didn't have a good go in miami. Not sure if it was his fault or not. Caldwell is unispiring

Archived