It doesn't matter.

Jet_Engine1

If its some guy from college who has an "innovative, exciting offense!!!!" because he runs a Spread/RPO/Triple Dipple Option pass system in some Conference where Defense is a rumor, or hes the next "Hotshot Coordinator du jour" because he once ate lunch in the same room as Peyton Manning or got Andy Reid a Blizzard from DQ.......or some has been retread who was only good because he was lucky enough to stumble into HOF'ers playing for him, and remember that one time he didn't go for it on 4th down.... it just doesn't matter, because you all know what's going to happen.

50% of us will fall in love with the guy and make every excuse we can think of for any time in the past he made a flub during a game, or how he never had a guy like Darnold!!!!

And the other 50% will gnash their teeth and bitch and moan how "thats it! I'm OUT", but whenever the Jets lose, will be right back here screaming "TOLD YOU SO!!"....

And none of it will matter, because it doesn't matter if its Matt Rhule bringing the JC to NYC, Sex Kissbury making wives and girlfriends suddenly interested in the Jets, or Jim Caldwell doing his "Todd Bowles... but this time its Offense!!" Show, we'll be right back here in 2023 bitching about the 5 lost years of Darnolds career and if we can pry Sean McVay and his stale, old ass offense out of LA for $200M guaranteeed.

Because we're dicking around with a bunch of flashes in the pan (Matt Rhule, seriously?? FFS!?) instead of closing a deal with the only guy we know can develop Darnold and bully MacCagnan into getting his head out of his ass and building around Darnold...you remember, the fu*king guy who drafted a QB in the top 3, and then with his next pick, selects a DT from Ft. Nowhere Technical School for the blind. 

FML. SOJ.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If its some guy from college who has an "innovative, exciting offense!!!!" because he runs a Spread/RPO/Triple Dipple Option pass system in some Conference where Defense is a rumor, or hes the next "Hotshot Coordinator du jour" because he once ate lunch in the same room as Peyton Manning or got Andy Reid a Blizzard from DQ.......or some has been retread who was only good because he was lucky enough to stumble into HOF'ers playing for him, and remember that one time he didn't go for it on 4th down.... it just doesn't matter, because you all know what's going to happen.

50% of us will fall in love with the guy and make every excuse we can think of for any time in the past he made a flub during a game, or how he never had a guy like Darnold!!!!

And the other 50% will gnash their teeth and bitch and moan how "thats it! I'm OUT", but whenever the Jets lose, will be right back here screaming "TOLD YOU SO!!"....

And none of it will matter, because it doesn't matter if its Matt Rhule bringing the JC to NYC, Sex Kissbury making wives and girlfriends suddenly interested in the Jets, or Jim Caldwell doing his "Todd Bowles... but this time its Offense!!" Show, we'll be right back here in 2023 bitching about the 5 lost years of Darnolds career and if we can pry Sean McVay and his stale, old ass offense out of LA for $200M guaranteeed.

Because we're dicking around with a bunch of flashes in the pan (Matt Rhule, seriously?? FFS!?) instead of closing a deal with the only guy we know can develop Darnold and bully MacCagnan into getting his head out of his ass and building around Darnold...you remember, the fu*king guy who drafted a QB in the top 3, and then with his next pick, selects a DT from Ft. Nowhere Technical School for the blind. 

FML. SOJ.

I enjoy a DQ Blizzard as much as the next guy.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

FML. SOJ.

Switch to decaf pal. Really.

Speaking for myself, I will be positive and supportive of whomever they hire. Win games and I will be happy. Do what we always seem to do and I will be miserable - like the last 5 years.

Can't imagine any real Jet fan not feeling the exact same way I do, and if they don't, they probably think they know more than they actually do because like players, there is no way to predict if a HC will work out or not. Just have to hire one and hope for the best.

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Switch to decaf pal. Really.

Speaking for myself, I will be positive and supportive of whomever they hire. Win games and I will be happy. Do what we always seem to do and I will be miserable - like the last 50 years.

Can't imagine any real Jet fan not feeling the exact same way I do, and if they don't, they probably think they know more than they actually do because like players, there is no way to predict if a HC will work out or not. Just have to hire one and hope for the best.

Fixed that for ya. Pal.

2 hours ago, funaz said:

Who is the only guy you think can develop darnold? I like the thread most of it's true

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

At first I thought he meant McCarthy was the coach who only looked good because he had Hall of Famers playing for him, but then I saw that Jim Caldwell was also under consideration.  So I figure that Jet Engine meant Caldwell was the one we should pass over and that McCarthy was the one who could develop Darnold.

That's my surmise.  But I'm not positive that's what Jet Engine meant.

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Speaking for myself, I will be positive and supportive of whomever they hire. Win games and I will be happy. Do what we always seem to do and I will be miserable - like the last 5 years.

-What kind of music do you listen to?

-Oh, I listen to listen to everything.....

9 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

At first I thought he meant McCarthy was the coach who only looked good because he had Hall of Famers playing for him, but then I saw that Jim Caldwell was also under consideration.  So I figure that Jet Engine meant Caldwell was the one we should pass over and that McCarthy was the one who could develop Darnold.

That's my surmise.  But I'm not positive that's what Jet Engine meant.

Its subjective. It has different meaning for everyone. But it doesn't matter. Its like the Bible verse in Pulp Fiction, its meaning changes based on personal context. 

LOL

Archived