Want to be sold on Monken?

JohnnyLV

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Fair concer. With how that offense performed this year you'd think he'd almost be a lock for the job. I wonder if they had known Arians was a lock from the beginning? Maybe they think someone with more experience can get more out of Winston? Idk seems weird but he's my #1 pick for the job so I'm hoping it happens

That may just be it. Arians interviewed with only the Bucs and it came out of left field when he did.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

IMO that's going to require someone with gravitas, experience, strength of personality, disciplineand accountability, and a record of having actually done something of note in this league, esp. winning. 

warfish you forget the most essential quality, actually wanting this job 

its going to be Rhule or Monkin 

the mccarthys of the world want no part of this dumpster fire

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

He's probably my favorite as well.

I also heard that the Bucs decided against an internal hire at the beginning of this process after hiring their OC last time didn't work out (the coach they just fired was thier OC the year prior)

See that makes a ton of more sense. I feel better about potentially hiring him now. He seems to be the polar opposite of Bates, too. Adapts to player strengths, schemes players open, especially good with WR’s, explosive and aggressive.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That may just be it. Arians interviewed with only the Bucs and it came out of left field when he did.

It's gotta be, I dont think Tampa has even interviewed anyone else 

26 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I like Monken.  I just see it as too big a step to expect KK or Rhule to come into New York with minimal NFL exposure and fix this mess. Especially attached to an iffy GM.  IMO even Monken with decent NFL experience would need a Wade Phillips NFL lifer type to help run the team and assemble a staff... 

Gregg Williams.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

See that makes a ton of more sense. I feel better about potentially hiring him now. He seems to be the polar opposite of Bates, too. Adapts to player strengths, schemes players open, especially good with WR’s, explosive and aggressive.

Look what he did with that offense with 2 underwhelming qbs and virtually no running game. Guy could be something special 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Look what he did with that offense with 2 underwhelming qbs and virtually no running game. Guy could be something special 

He turned around Southern Miss too. I live just a few minutes from there and didn’t even realize that lol. 

But I know SM has been garbage for a long time. They don’t play anyone and they still suck. Monken did well there from what I hear. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Damn, you have pulled a complete 180 with Mike McCarthy. Glad to have you on the McCarthy bandwagon. I remember you hated the idea of Mike McCarthy as the next Jets head coach...It was John Harbaugh or Matt LaFleur for you. It will be interesting to see how good Matt LaVay does in Green Bay. 

It's true, I came around to McCarthy. I still have issues with him but it's hard to pass up the sure thing for the mystery box.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I like Monken a lot. He’s my top choice after McCarthy...here’s the thing.

i need to know why the Bucs didn’t give him the HC job. That’s important.

Sounds like it could be shortsighted thinking because the Bucs recent hires have been promoted from within(Koetter, Raheem Morris, even Lovie to an extent)

They just might be dead set on hiring someone outside the organization.....doesn’t necessarily mean Monken is a terrible coach 

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I want him as D-Co/Asst. Head Coach no matter WHO we hire.

After all these soft years under Bowles, Williams is the best route to returning the Jets D to something worth talking about.

Yes, me too. Definitely agree.

Archived