Jump to content

In Jets coaching search,Adam Gase is a better bet than Mike McCarthy


joewilly12

Recommended Posts

Gase might be a better coach than McCarthy. He did well in the AFC east with revolving QBs and Kenny Stills as his #1 WR. I'm sure he learned a lot, he has 1st hand knowledge of the Patriots and Darnold can be molded by this guy that has a bit of an edge to him. 

Players seem to rule some teams in this day & age. I'm sure Gase jettisoning Jarvis Landry & letting Suh walk angered some players. Every young coach that doesn't have a winning record slip at the end of the year. Losing crushes hope, guys like Nagy, McVay, have loaded teams with good QBs, and some stud defenders, Bears trading for Mack took them to another level, Rams traded for Cooks, signed Talib, traded for Peterson, signed Suh. 

Gase is a huge upgrade over Bowles, especially if we could get a guy like Williams to coach the defense, and Kingbury as OC. Gase + Kingsbury could be incredible for Darnold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Oh, you didn't repost anything I posted.  I was just pointing out that building a staff is more important than some people think.  We have a lot of folks around here hammering on scheme and offensive innovation.  Both of those are important, but coaching is as much of a team game as football itself is.  You can have the best HC in the world but if your coordinators suck or your positional coaches can't teach technique properly then it isn't going to matter.

The big negative on Bowles is that the players did not like him.  Good, I say.  I am tired of coddled, stupid, gutless players. Guys who cannot handle it when it counts. Gase does not make me cringe.  Ryan Tannehill does.  Make this team tougher.  I think I like what Monken has accomplished the best of all, though.  But if it is Gase, he will help Sam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Gase might be a better coach than McCarthy. He did well in the AFC east with revolving QBs and Kenny Stills as his #1 WR. I'm sure he learned a lot, he has 1st hand knowledge of the Patriots and Darnold can be molded by this guy that has a bit of an edge to him. 

Players seem to rule some teams in this day & age. I'm sure Gase jettisoning Jarvis Landry & letting Suh walk angered some players. Every young coach that doesn't have a winning record slip at the end of the year. Losing crushes hope, guys like Nagy, McVay, have loaded teams with good QBs, and some stud defenders, Bears trading for Mack took them to another level, Rams traded for Cooks, signed Talib, traded for Peterson, signed Suh. 

Gase is a huge upgrade over Bowles, especially if we could get a guy like Williams to coach the defense, and Kingbury as OC. Gase + Kingsbury could be incredible for Darnold. 

When th eplayers go tomanagement to whine, the proper strategy is to find their leaders and send them out of town.   Show them you mean business.  Teams do not turn on each other.  The Jets are wusses int his department.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

he has so many areas where he is weak

Bowles defenses got worse every game over his 4 year stint. And that was with 80% of our assets & he had issues every year with players being insubordinate. How could any NFL team say, that what we need? He's not even a good defensive coach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Very telling that when 7 other jobs open Bowles isn’t even getting an interview.   Maybe he just wants to take a year of Johnson’s money and chill, or maybe he really was just that bad.  

Looks like he is going to re-hook up with Ariens in Tampa Bay as the DC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not my first choice but I wouldnt be opposed to seeing Gase getting a shot here. Players sh!t all over Bowles and Gase wont let that happen. Maybe he would even tell Adams to stuff a rag in his big mouth and oh where is this whole Bruce Arians is a great coach myth coming from I mean did his AZ teams ever win a single playoff game??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Quite literally, the only difference between Bowles' first 3 years as a head coach and Gase's, is that Gase had a very slightly better record of the two, with that entire better record being quite literally being their head-to-head matchups.  That means Gase was actually did worse against the rest of the league than Bowles.

Reading this thread I swear I was almost warming up to the Gase idea until I read this........

now I want to slap Johnson for even calling him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Reading this thread I swear I was almost warming up to the Gase idea until I read this........

now I want to slap Johnson for even calling him.

Haha, sorry. It's just honestly the more I've thought about it this past week, he's become the candidate I think I like least. The first red flag to me was that all of the excuses used for the Dolphins mediocrity under Gase is seriously a copy and paste job of the defenses used of Bowles this time last year, with a couple of names changed, which is a bit frightening. The more I've thought and looked further into it since then, I haven't liked what I've seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Bowles defenses got worse every game over his 4 year stint. And that was with 80% of our assets & he had issues every year with players being insubordinate. How could any NFL team say, that what we need? He's not even a good defensive coach.

He is a three quarters D coach--he will lose it for you if you give him time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Looks like he is going to re-hook up with Ariens in Tampa Bay as the DC

This would make Bowles one of the first coordinators hired. 

If Arians wanted to coach again, why didn’t he work for and Help Bowles on the Jets.  

I think coaches will avoid this team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...