Sorry ? A thread about Jonah Williams

Jetster

I was not impressed with Jonah Williams last night. 3rd overall? They did not run behind him much. He looked lumbering & Farrell pushed him around a few times. I know there are fans who think, hell, if someone's gonna rate him at 10, why not take him at 3 but I'd rather have the best pass rusher or WR on the board, or even Greedy Williams if he's Head & shoulders the best CB in the draft. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I was not impressed with Jonah Williams last night. 3rd overall? They did not run behind him much. He looked lumbering & Farrell pushed him around a few times. I know there are fans who think, hell, if someone's gonna rate him at 10, why not take him at 3 but I'd rather have the best pass rusher or WR on the board, or even Greedy Williams if he's Head & shoulders the best CB in the draft. 

He did not look awesome. On the other side was not impressed really at all with Quinnen Williams either. Sort of looked like a clone of Leo.

Just now, johnnysd said:

He did not look awesome. On the other side was not impressed really at all with Quinnen Williams either. Sort of looked like a clone of Leo.

Agreed! There are 6/7 free agent veteran DTs that can do what Quinnen Williams did last night eating up space. Gotta stick with BPA at 3 for pass rusher or Greedy. 

I know people are hating a CB pick, but guys like Lattimore, Byron Jones, really help the D & we're spending too much on Tru & he'll be out in 2 years.

I would wait after they go through the combine in February. There you will see who really are the top players coming out and also see players that no one have heard of climb the draft boards. I don't get too excited with these bowl games but it does help putting their names out there for the NFL scouts to see. The next step now is the Senior Bowl and the Hula Bowl and then for whoever is entering the draft gets an invite to the combine. After the combine its their Pro Day at their respective schools.

Lets see how who climbs the draft board and who is falling? Who are this years sleepers?

Agree he's a mid first round pick 

We are looking at an edge rusher or maybe Ed Oliver if he tests really well 

With Flacco and probably others available, the QB trade up market doesn't exist and certainly not all the way up to 3

I was hoping to win and to pick outside of the top 5

Congrats to the tank crowd! 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Agree he's a mid first round pick 

We are looking at an edge rusher or maybe Ed Oliver if he tests really well 

With Flacco and probably others available, the QB trade up market doesn't exist and certainly not all the way up to 3

I was hoping to win and to pick outside of the top 5

Congrats to the tank crowd! 

How does Flacco stop the trade up for QB? He’s not good enough to beat out a wildcat QB that can’t throw but a team is going to make him their franchise QB? 

34 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I thought this was going to be an apology for the threads.  I was wrong.

Considering you have 4 times the posts I have maybe you should be apologizing for being an anchor on society as a whole and join the real world and actually accomplish something in your life. I would imagine you must be on SS disability.

Agree as to Jonah Williams, quinnen I think is a different story. He's a big man and he was gassed. It's not his fault someone forgot to tell bama's secondary that they are supposed to cover the receivers. I still think he is worthy of a top 5 pick. The thing I really disliked about him was that after blowing up a play when his team was down by double digits, he crossed his arms and struck a pose. But that seems the norm these days.

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Considering you have 4 times the posts I have maybe you should be apologizing for being an anchor on society as a whole and join the real world and actually accomplish something in your life. I would imagine you must be on SS disability.

Message board post quantity are, in fact, a direct representation of societal impact for sure.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I thought this was going to be an apology for the threads.  I was wrong.

42 minutes ago, Jetster said:

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Message board post quantity are, in fact, a direct representation of societal impact for sure.

?

I’m commuting to work on 4.5 hrs sleep in this nasty NE winter weather, and this is the exact energy I need right now. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

#99 Clelin Ferrell Clemson looked like the best player on the field available in the upcoming NFL draft. 

That's what I like to hear, a pass rusher that will be available at 3! 

I know we have a need at CB. I know we have a need at interior Dline. The reality is you can argue that we have a need at nearly every position on the team. We arent going to fill them all in one pick. We have spent the past decade using our 1st round picks on CB's and Dlineman. Time to use that pick on a neglected position. Bosa/Allen/Ferrell or trade back. I'm going to find it incredibly hard to be happy about a Dlineman @ #3 this spring. 

1 minute ago, MichaelScott said:

That's what I like to hear, a pass rusher that will be available at 3! 

I know we have a need at CB. I know we have a need at interior Dline. The reality is you can argue that we have a need at nearly every position on the team. We arent going to fill them all in one pick. We have spent the past decade using our 1st round picks on CB's and Dlineman. Time to use that pick in a neglected position. Bosa/Allen/Ferrell or trade back. I'm going to find it incredibly hard to be happy about a Dlineman @ #3 this spring. 

I never said we should pick him. 

44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Now I’m embarrassed for you.

2 hours ago, AL047 said:

I would wait after they go through the combine in February. There you will see who really are the top players coming out and also see players that no one have heard of climb the draft boards. I don't get too excited with these bowl games but it does help putting their names out there for the NFL scouts to see. The next step now is the Senior Bowl and the Hula Bowl and then for whoever is entering the draft gets an invite to the combine. After the combine its their Pro Day at their respective schools.

Lets see how who climbs the draft board and who is falling? Who are this years sleepers?

I'm not a college football watcher and I truly enjoy the guys on here giving their breakdowns every year. I enjoy learning about the players and watching all the reels etc.

I have a question though. Wouldn't it be more important to evaluate a player in the actual game situation than the reps on the bench and the long jump etc at the combine?  I get that we get to see raw athleticism and all that, but there are things like in game speed and instincts that I tend to value more. 

When I see guys fly up the board at the combine it always concerns me.  

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'm not a college football watcher and I truly enjoy the guys on here giving their breakdowns every year. I enjoy learning about the players and watching all the reels etc.

I have a question though. Wouldn't it be more important to evaluate a player in the actual game situation than the reps on the bench and the long jump etc at the combine?  I get that we get to see raw athleticism and all that, but there are things like in game speed and instincts that I tend to value more. 

When I see guys fly up the board at the combine it always concerns me.  

To me the combine is important for two reasons: 1) The interview process - teams get to evaluate the mentality and coachability of a player. 2) It gives the unheralded players a chance to be seen by a larger population.

We ended up with Gholston , because the Jets ignored his film against quality opponents and fell in love with his bench press ability.

Archived