New Mock has 3 OT going in top 10

More Cowbell

I'm going on record and saying it would be a massive mistake to draft any defensive player with the 3rd pick.  If the Jets feel that drafting an OL or WR is too much of a reach at #3 then they should trade down and accumulate an extra pick or two which could go a long way in addressing other holes and depth all over the roster.

47 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm going on record and saying it would be a massive mistake to draft any defensive player with the 3rd pick.  If the Jets feel that drafting an OL or WR is too much of a reach at #3 then they should trade down and accumulate an extra pick or two which could go a long way in addressing other holes and depth all over the roster.

They have to trade down. If they don’t, they aren’t getting the most out of their pick. You can’t go DL again and there isn’t a O player worth it at 3. I’m going to be really disappointed if we can’t find a trade down partner.

Trade with Jacksonville. who has a second and two thirds.  Slide back three slots and get #6, #38, #62 and a 2020 third round pick.  Coughlin must leap his former team to nab his QB.  DONE!

If Mac signs Anthony Barr, Grady Jarrett (and Suh) draft Jonah Williams and Elgton Jenkins (center) and your OL suddenly becomes a strength.  Round three can add WR, RB and CB.

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They have to trade down. If they don’t, they aren’t getting the most out of their pick. You can’t go DL again and there isn’t a O player worth it at 3. I’m going to be really disappointed if we can’t find a trade down partner.

I'm hoping that one or more of the QB prospects flies up the ratings charts after the combine and pro days which will entice QB desperate teams to trade up.  

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the Jets feel that drafting an OL or WR is too much of a reach at #3 then they should trade down and accumulate an extra pick or two which could go a long way in addressing other holes and depth all over the roster.

I agree. Trade down with a QB needy team. 

However, if they cannot, I would take Q.Williams. Apart from Bosa, he is the best non-QB player in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Huh? It’s says he didn’t dominate but punched some holes and they don’t have Johan moving up or down. Everyone knew Ferrell was good and Johan looks like a good OG

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Oh he for sure did not at all, what the hell were you watching?  He made one splash play and that is about it.  Saying J Williams is not worthy of a top 10 or 20 or 50 pick is fine but saying Ferrel ate his lunch us utter bs.

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Huh? It’s says he didn’t dominate but punched some holes and they don’t have Johan moving up or down. Everyone knew Ferrell was good and Johan looks like a good OG

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

If Jonah Williams is good enough to go 5th then he’s good enough to go 3rd.

he's not good enough to 5th and no one takes guards at 3. 

bottom line the entire bama program other than q Williams took a stock hit last night

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

bottom line the entire bama program other than q Williams took a stock hit last night

Johan is what most experts said a really good OG prospect and outside of STers and FBs if you need a guy and he’s good you take him. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh he for sure did not at all, what the hell were you watching?  He made one splash play and that is about it.  Saying J Williams is not worthy of a top 10 or 20 or 50 pick is fine but saying Ferrel ate his lunch us utter bs.

both of those statements are true. 

a pass rusher isn't going to have 7 sacks in a game a couple flashes is all you get 

to be frank I don't think Ferrell is worth a top 5 pick either. The player the Jets will draft at 3 didn't play last night 

Just now, New York Mick said:

Johan is what most experts said a really good OG prospect and outside of STers and FBs if you need a guy and he’s good you take him. 

who t f is Johan 

Quenton Nelson was the best guard for 3 decades he wasn't worth a top 5 pick. people hyping Jonah Williams because they want him to be Orlando Pace is my pet peeve of the week. He's a good player they are not picking just a good player at three they have to pick a gold jacket type. 

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Thats taming what he said down .  

Ferrell didn't dominate his heavyweight battle against Alabama's brick-wall of a left tackle Jonah Williams, but he undoubtedly punctured holes in that wall throughout the game. Ferrell's length, twitchiness, and especially his athletic fluidity on inside moves and stunts stood out and led to disruptive plays. At 6-5 and 260 pounds, Ferrell is a freaky specimen, and his long arms gave the entire Alabama offensive line issues all night. He had four tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss. The ACC Defensive Player of the Year needed a big performance to stay in contention to be the second edge-rusher off the board after Nick Bosa, and he did just that. Oh, and Ferrell doesn't turn 22 until May. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Macc will do what Macc does. He’ll pick the closest to the consensus rated player and defend it with BAP, regardless of need or position.

I expect our 132nd ‘elite’ pass rusher draft pick tbqh.

There's a 90% chance this is exactly what happens.  It's hard for me to have a huge problem with it because I do think Macc has hit on 2 of the 3 "consensus BPA" in Darnold and Adams.  Leo looks like a good player.....if he had been taken at the end of the 1st or in the 2nd.

It's difficult to accurately forecast what a team's needs will be 2 years from now.  Things happen in terms of injuries, losses in Free Agency, etc. and that's why I'm never really too highly critical of going BPA.  But I do agree that it's essentially a CYA move that Macc can lean on as a crutch.  It's easy to say "well, everyone had this guy going Top 5 and we took him at 6," but it's much harder to be bold and do something like take Mario Williams #1 when 99% of America said Reggie Bush should be the pick or make an aggressive trade up to take Patrick Mahomes when many (not all) people thought he was the 3rd or 4th best QB in the Draft.  Macc has rarely stuck his neck out, he's a risk averse guy.  I don't have a big problem with that if you have a solid roster and you're trying to maintain competitiveness, but when you're in the bottom 10 of talent you can't always go safe, you have to try to improve aggressively.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Thats taming what he said down .  

Ferrell didn't dominate his heavyweight battle against Alabama's brick-wall of a left tackle Jonah Williams, but he undoubtedly punctured holes in that wall throughout the game. Ferrell's length, twitchiness, and especially his athletic fluidity on inside moves and stunts stood out and led to disruptive plays. At 6-5 and 260 pounds, Ferrell is a freaky specimen, and his long arms gave the entire Alabama offensive line issues all night. He had four tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss. The ACC Defensive Player of the Year needed a big performance to stay in contention to be the second edge-rusher off the board after Nick Bosa, and he did just that. Oh, and Ferrell doesn't turn 22 until May. 

He basically said Ferrell is a beast what was known and Johan didn’t give up a sack against him and held his own. He wasn’t dominanted by him. Johan will move to inside. 

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I agree. I don’t think Jonah is a top 5 or top 10 pick but this mock has him at 5 and therefore this mock should have him at 3.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

He basically said Ferrell is a beast what was known and Johan didn’t give up a sack against him and held his own. He wasn’t dominanted by him. Johan will move to inside. 

He is a beast.  That he didn't get a sack against that team, that QB, doesn't change it.  Problem is when we watch a game and DL decide he didn't dominate because he didn't sack the QB.  

That's a great OL that gave up all of 2 sacks all night. 

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There's a 90% chance this is exactly what happens.  It's hard for me to have a huge problem with it because I do think Macc has hit on 2 of the 3 "consensus BPA" in Darnold and Adams.  Leo looks like a good player.....if he had been taken at the end of the 1st or in the 2nd.

The BPA was Todd Gurley. Macc is a pussy though, so he took the high floor guy. 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

who t f is Johan 

Quenton Nelson was the best guard for 3 decades he wasn't worth a top 5 pick. people hyping Jonah Williams because they want him to be Orlando Pace is my pet peeve of the week. He's a good player they are not picking just a good player at three they have to pick a gold jacket type. 

We had this same debate about Brandon Scherff (drafted 5th) and clearly I was right. We also had a debate about Calais Campbell and Vernon Gholston and again I was clearly right. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He is a beast.  That he didn't get a sack against that team, that QB, doesn't change it.  Problem is when we watch a game and DL decide he didn't dominate because he didn't sack the QB.  

That's a great OL that gave up all of 2 sacks all night. 

He played a good game. I’m not taking anything away from Ferrell he’s going top 5. My point is if Ferrell is that good Johan is good for keeping up with him. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

We had this same debate about Brandon Scherff and clearly I was right. We also had a debate about Calais Campbell and Vernon Gholston and again I was clearly right. 

I saw you listed on the Injury Report this week as Questionable.  Let us know how your shoulder is doing after straining it by patting yourself on the back so much.

Thoughts and prayers, my man.

:P

Just now, New York Mick said:

We had this same debate about Brandon Scherff and clearly I was right. We also had a debate about Calais Campbell and Vernon Gholston and again I was clearly right. 

What has Brandon Scherff actually done. "Clearly" the RSkins suck poop through a hose 

I don't remember the Campbell discussion but if you were advocating the Jets taking this player at 1.6 when he goes 2.50 that would be a call for the ages. Congrats

I wanted Patrick Mahomes over Jamal Adams should they declare a holiday in my honor?

we can nitpick past stuff all day long bottom like JONAH not JOHAN is a decent prospect getting hyped for need

and side note Kelvin Beachum isn't even that bad. The problem with the line is inside and you don't use 1.3 on guards. Scherff didn't go 3 my dude 

Archived