REVISED: Kingsbury signs with the Cardinals

JetsFanatic

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would definitely go for Kingsbury as OC but I just don't see that happening if the guy didn't even interview with AZ yet. No way he accepts an OC job before interviewing for a HC job. If he had interviewed everywhere else and was getting rejections then maybe.....ugh do not want as HC. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

276BAF8B-6803-4F98-939A-FCBA9F14B87D.jpeg

And all that implies???

I'll tell you what it implies.....The Jets held Kingsbury in house.  They brought in Rhule and are awaiting Monken to visit the facility.  They are scheduling a live steel cage match where 3 men enter....and one Head Coach emerges.  Woody charges $49 for the Pay Per View event of the match and we all pay it because somehow this franchise has brainwashed us into paying attention to every circus they roll out there.

giphy-14.gif.279238baba97dc20c3f0ce3771b850c3.gif

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Gonna make an odd statement here......If I could get Kingsbury as OC and Rex Ryan as DC I almost might not even care who the HC is.  Seriously, I could accept a guy like Rhule....or even Caldwell if I had a staff like that.

fixed

Jets are not hiring Kingsbury as OC for someone else. If he is still there, The Jets are negotiating for him to be HC. Remember NE stated they want him. One upping NE and usurping him from Arizona are motvators. And there is no we completed interviewing tweet yet. None for Ruhle either but slightly different circumstance

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Gonna make an odd statement here......If I could get Kingsbury as OC and Rex Ryan as DC I almost might not even care who the HC is.  Seriously, I could accept a guy like Rhule....or even Caldwell if I had a staff like that.

I DO NOT want a Narcissist like Rex Ryan, who always needs to be the center of attention corrupting the workings of our new staff.

Hard pass!! Get someone else to be the DC. 

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Could you imagine being a youngish, first-time HC and having Rex as your DC?  What could possibly go wrong there? LOL

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

Oh the suspense ...

I know John.  He's a former New Yorker actually. Our kids play in the same Little League.  He's fairly well connected but more closely with the Phoenix Suns than the Cardinals.

The big buzz around Phoenix regarding the HC is the building of a staff.  Very concerned about it here because they feel that's where they went wrong with Steve Wilks.  Wilks was a lot like Todd Bowles....good DC, questionable but rising candidate as a HC.  But he didn't have great connections, didn't have a great network of other coaches apparently and he paid for it on offense with a bad Mike McCoy (who he fired at the urging of GM Steve Kiem) and then elevated Byron Leftwich as OC.

I think Gambo's post obviously assumes that Kingsbury gets to Arizona at some point today.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Oh the suspense ...

Hiring a young guy in KK, pairing him with Monken could be pretty devastating. I really like the idea of KK at HC, Monken at OC and a guy like Greg Williams running the defense 

I've been waffling over young coach/experienced coach for a while now. I wanted to read and see all the pros and cons. I'm officially on the Kingsbury train. One of the deciding factors is I want a coach that could potentially be Sam's coach for his entire career. I want a guy that can be here for 10-15 years.

But they need experienced coordinators. At least a DC that can be trusted to come up with game plans on his own, and allow KK and the OC to just run up the scoreboard. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

What idiots the Jets are — in my opinion of course. I know you feel different.

but anyway how do you embed tweets? There’s no source button anymore.

Copy the tweet and then just paste it where you would normally write stuff. You don't have to push a button to do it anymore.

Archived