Baylor AD on Rhule

HawkeyeJet

From an interview with a local radio station.  I would have to think if he was not in the running anymore or not willing to take the job, they would have taken the opportunity to say he's staying.  This suspense and tea leave reading is fun, isn't it?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

From an interview with a local radio station.  I would have to think if he was not in the running anymore or not willing to take the job, they would have taken the opportunity to say he's staying.  This suspense and tea leave reading is fun, isn't it?

this has become an out and out disaster.

expect the next bit of news to be that Rhule is flying out to NY for a second/formal meeting w/ regime staff & Darnold. 

But please, continue speculating on McCarthy the guy who is not coaching in 2019 and well in the rearview mirror. 

Just now, southtown24th said:

you just wake up? 

Nope, I’ve been following pretty much all day.

So the skinny basically is, the Jets HC search has been cut down to McCarthy, Rhule, Gase and Monken...and I should consider that a “disaster” why, exactly?

A bunch of highly respected, offensive minded coaches?

That certainly beats the piss out of where we were 4 years ago, breaking down the positives and negatives of the likes of Todd Bowles, Dan Quinn and Doug Marrone.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I was going to post this but was hoping to find out who the staff are they talked to as replacements. 

The tea leaves have to you all Rhule for days now. Y’all just ignoring them 

I agree.  I think today with Monken was more of an interview for his thoughts on being the OC for Rhule rather than a legit shot at HC.  Could be wrong, but why else wait til last for a guy that was available at any point? 

9 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

this has become an out and out disaster.

Says the biggest Mike McCagnan cheerleader on this board. You spammed this place with your blind defense of our GM and now use every coaching thread to complain that the sky is falling. What big name did you think was coming here?

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I agree.  I think today with Monken was more of an interview for his thoughts on being the OC for Rhule rather than a legit shot at HC.  Could be wrong, but why else wait til last for a guy that was available at any point? 

Yep, i heard the same. Courting OCs to help Rhule assemble staff.

Rhule grew up a Jets fan, in the area, knows Robbie, hasn't declined news circulating about his interest, Jets have been hush hush on Rhule, the AD is already talking to possible replacements, the man is an experienced HC who has dealt with adversity... Oh, and he interviewed very well

and literally everyone in football respects/loves him.

geeeeeeeeee

Like what else are people waiting for? Where's the confusion? 

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Says the biggest Mike McCagnan cheerleader on this board. You spammed this place with your blind defense of our GM and now use every coaching thread to complain that the sky is falling. What big name did you think was coming here?

the sky IS falling...sad, so sad.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I was going to post this but was hoping to find out who the staff are they talked to as replacements. 

The tea leaves have to you all Rhule for days now. Y’all just ignoring them 

I think it’s also Rhule because of all the timing of the leaks regarding him. Not sure if Monken changes any of that since he just interviewed, but i think Rhule is the guy they end up going with. My impression is they met McCarthy and either weren’t blown away or he didn’t mesh great. Jmo. 

Been trying to watch videos and learn more about him and I like that he was fearless in diving into that Baylor program at a low point and legitimately seems like he’s a good communicator, authentic, and grounded. That type of stuff jives really well in college but also in locker room culture where people know if someone is fake. What this organization badly needs is a strong culture and i’d hope he can help bring it. Obviously turning temple around is very impressive as well since that’s a loser program in general.

A lot to like off the field, but i hope he has the goods coaching on the field since it’s hard to judge Baylor since they were a pariah program talent wise and couldn’t really hang against bigger teams at Baylor. Got to really go off of his Temple program. 

28 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

the sky IS falling...sad, so sad.

PLEASE. Please effing stop! Every  single thread that mentions a coach, everybody has to deal with the same crap from you over and over. What is it? Do you crave attention, or is it just stupidity that makes you post non stop negative bull s**t?

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

PLEASE. Please effing stop! Every  single thread that mentions a coach, everybody has to deal with the same crap from you over and over. What is it? Do you crave attention, or is it just stupidity that makes you post non stop negative bull s**t?

920x920.jpg

Archived