Baylor AD on Rhule

HawkeyeJet

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

expect the next bit of news to be that Rhule is flying out to NY for a second/formal meeting w/ regime staff & Darnold. 

But please, continue speculating on McCarthy the guy who is not coaching in 2019 and well in the rearview mirror. 

You know I’m in the McCarthy boat but I’m warming up to this Rhule guy and would be OK with him although I don’t really know if I will like spelling his name on here for the next 3 years. I think I’m just gonna spell it how it sounds Rule. 

Rule Rulz

6 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

You know I’m in the McCarthy boat but I’m warming up to this Rhule guy and would be OK with him although I don’t really know if I will like spelling his name on here for the next 3 years. I think I’m just gonna spell it how it sounds Rule. 

Rule Rulz

New Rhule!

It’s Rhule, and apparently it’s been Rhule since the weekend. The meeting on Sunday sealed the deal.

They apparently met with Kingsbury knowing he would probably get the HC of Zona job, but wanted to pitch to him being the OC/Assistant HC here if that fell through.

Meeting with Monken today was also the same pitch. If he declines, look for Gase to be a potential OC.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

It’s Rhule, and apparently it’s been Rhule since the weekend. The meeting on Sunday sealed the deal.

They apparently met with Kingsbury knowing he would probably get the HC of Zona job, but wanted to pitch to him being the OC/Assistant HC here if that fell through.

Meeting with Monken today was also the same pitch. If he declines, look for Gase to be a potential OC.

Making a guy with an attitude like Gase’s would be a mistake. Monken as OC would be awesome.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Speculation on your part or inside info?

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Hopefully Monken takes OC, but yeah all signs point to Rhule.. good god the puns are going to be terrible 

Link me

Sent from the Desk of Mike McCarthy

12 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Rule Rulz

the first rule of Matt Rhule is you don't talk about Matt Rhule  ;)

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I could easily live with this.

53 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

PLEASE. Please effing stop! Every  single thread that mentions a coach, everybody has to deal with the same crap from you over and over. What is it? Do you crave attention, or is it just stupidity that makes you post non stop negative bull s**t?

At 1st I thought you were talking about another poster. lol

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Yep, i heard the same. Courting OCs to help Rhule assemble staff.

Rhule grew up a Jets fan, in the area, knows Robbie, hasn't declined news circulating about his interest, Jets have been hush hush on Rhule, the AD is already talking to possible replacements, the man is an experienced HC who has dealt with adversity... Oh, and he interviewed very well

and literally everyone in football respects/loves him.

geeeeeeeeee

Like what else are people waiting for? Where's the confusion? 

Like where’s the winning record?

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I agree.  I think today with Monken was more of an interview for his thoughts on being the OC for Rhule rather than a legit shot at HC.  Could be wrong, but why else wait til last for a guy that was available at any point? 

Maybe I’m late to the party, but why would he leave Tampa Bay to come here as OC, and why would they let him unless it was for HC?

1 minute ago, shevys said:

Maybe I’m late to the party, but why would he leave Tampa Bay to come here as OC, and why would they let him unless it was for HC?

Tampa hired Arians and is reported to already to have a staff that includes Bowles

Like where’s the winning record?
Hyperbole...

Everybody loves
AD is already making plans..
Etc

Wishful thinking at this point unless there are some links to back it up.

We all have favorites or at least we all have a least favorite. My least favorite is gone to AZ so my blood pressure is low enough now to live with anyone else.

Sent from the Desk of Mike McCarthy

2 minutes ago, shevys said:

Because TB is under new Management and highly doubt Monken is apart of there plans going forward . 

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Im open minded on Rhule, but he is an extremely tough sell to Jets fans. 

I am too. As I looked at him and watched things he's done, it does make him a much stronger candidate than the likes of KK or Bieniemy IMO.  He's an accomplished guy. Sure it's been at a lower level, but he's consistently succeeded at rebuilding at that level. Seems like a guy worthy of a promotion to me. That's exactly the type of guy you want to give a shot to do what he's done at the lower level. It makes sense and I understand the thinking. 

He wasn't my first choice and I'm still hoping for McCarthy as he is clearly the candidate with the best resume. But Rhule is second as far as resume's go. Hands down. 

More than LaFleur and Kitchens too.  

Rhule looks to be the worst candidate that we have been reported to be interested in. He checks none of boxes, except for having an offensive background. No NFL experience, hasn’t developed any QB’s, no network of respected coaches that he could hire, hasn’t won anything of note at any level. Seriously what has this guy accomplished? I can see arguments for every other candidate but him.

If I’m missing something, something tangible, someone please set me straight here. 

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Rhule looks to be the worst candidate that we have been reported to be interested in. He checks none of boxes, except for having an offensive background. No NFL experience, hasn’t developed any QB’s, no network of respected coaches that he could hire, hasn’t won anything of note at any level. Seriously what has this guy accomplished? I can see arguments for every other candidate but him.

If I’m missing something, something tangible, someone please set me straight here. 

14947892_1137850609636066_7064763962033315404_n.jpg.e4f4482aed4accb3a19dc533cb5b739c.jpg

Yep, i heard the same. Courting OCs to help Rhule assemble staff. Rhule grew up a Jets fan, in the area, knows Robbie, hasn't declined news circulating about his interest, Jets have been hush hush on Rhule, the AD is already talking to possible replacements, the man is an experienced HC who has dealt with adversity... Oh, and he interviewed very well

and literally everyone in football respects/loves him.

geeeeeeeeee

Like what else are people waiting for? Where's the confusion? 

grew up a Jets fan, better than growing up a midget fan trying to coach the Jets!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived