Just hire McCarthy already

Maxman

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I think they would like to.  Balls in McCarthy's court.  Think this comes down to a family decision to move.  Not in the Jets favor

I haven't seen anything documented on the family situation.  Can someone send me a link about McCarthy's family deal?

• Upvote 1

All these so called "interviews" is getting pathetic. What are they looking for? McCarthy is a great hire. Are they trying to hard too look innovative and impress somebody? jeez.
Negotiation tactic for salary purposes....its smart. MM is running out of options too if he wants to coach this year.

Sent from the Desk of Mike McCarthy

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I think they would like to.  Balls in McCarthy's court.  Think this comes down to a family decision to move.  Not in the Jets favor

Very possible. 

The question I keep coming back to is: Why did McCarthy only have one interview? And, if everyone is right that living in the NYC area is not high on his family's wish list, then why was his only interview with us?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

here is my question on McCarthy....

sounds like the jets are the only job in play this season...so its coach the jets or sit out a year...

here is the list of teams with potential openings next season. 

Jaguars - no QB/may draft one

Giants - no QB/may draft one

Panthers - Cam, not sure he is a coaches dream

Redskins - aging QB

Falcons - aging QB

so he is passing on Jets with Darnold and 100m in FA money to take one of those jobs? i am not buying it. IMHO the Jets hold all the cards, if i had to guess...we are the ones that are keeping him waiting...unless of course he wants to go to the bengals ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

here is my question on McCarthy....
sounds like the jets are the only job in play this season...so its coach the jets or sit out a year...
here is the list of teams with potential openings next season. 

Jaguars - no QB/may draft one
Giants - no QB/may draft one
Panthers - Cam, not sure he is a coaches dream
Redskins - aging QB
Falcons - aging QB

so he is passing on Jets with Darnold and 100m in FA money to take one of those jobs? i am not buying it. IMHO the Jets hold all the cards, if i had to guess...we are the ones that are keeping him waiting...unless of course he wants to go to the bengals 
This man gets it

Sent from the Desk of Mike McCarthy

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

School aged kids 

Relocation kiss of death 

It was reported days ago (I don't have the link nor time to look it up right now) that McCarthy stated he would not take his kids out of their schools so he would commute home.  If this was a show-stopper he would not have interviewed for the job.

McCarthy ran as fast as a man his size could to the interview for the Jets job. I can't believe how everyone here is so convinced that he turned down the job. He took the interview, but when it ended he decided he really wants a year off to be with his kids. LOL. Why hasn't it dawned on people that maybe, just maybe, for some reason IT WAS THE JETS WHO DECIDED THEY DIDN'T WANT McCARTHY? Isn't it even remotely possible he didn't impress THEM?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, viffer said:

It was reported days ago (I don't have the link nor time to look it up right now) that McCarthy stated he would not take his kids out of their schools so he would commute home.  If this was a show-stopper he would not have interviewed for the job.

Maybe it wasn't a show stopper until he had the 45 minute review of the 29 players under contract next year