Just hire McCarthy already

Maxman

On 1/8/2019 at 8:49 PM, Maxman said:

Get it over with. No more of these inexperienced coaches. McCarthy and Darnold = 10 wins is now a bad season.

Brady and Belly will soon be riding off into the sunset. Take this division.

How well did McCarthy do this last three seasons when Rogers was out?  With his backup QB, not his third string QB.

• Upvote 1

No. Don't want him. If you can't get to and win SB's with Aaron Rogers, you aren't a good coach. Same way I felt about Dirty Tricks Shula (forerunner to Belicheat,) who was always on the referee's committee - and somehow always had the least penalized team in the league - he had Marino for his career and didn't do squat.

I want the guys who can do it with Minnie Mouse at QB. (Example - Joe Gibbs with three different mediocre QB's who never won another thing without him.)

OVERRATED. NO. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

No. Don't want him. If you can't get to and win SB's with Aaron Rogers, you aren't a good coach. Same way I felt about Dirty Tricks Shula (forerunner to Belicheat,) who was always on the referee's committee - and somehow always had the least penalized team in the league - he had Marino for his career and didn't do squat.

I want the guys who can do it with Minnie Mouse at QB. (Example - Joe Gibbs with three different mediocre QB's who never won another thing without him.)

OVERRATED. NO. 

Agree totally on Shula. Most overrated sack of shyt ever. Living off of 1 magical 1972 season.

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

I fear that this is correct. Heres the thing, there are 8 jobs open this year, and they're getting filled quick. Mac turned down the Cards outright, had a meet scheduled with the Browns, which was then pushed back, and now kind of in limbo. I haven't heard any other teams announcing interviews with him. If he DIDN'T want to coach in 19, why interview at all? But with all of that being said, lets say he does hold out until next year....where does he go? What openings can you see? In no particular order....

Pete Carroll just got extended 2 years.

McDaniels staying in NE to take over for BB.

I dont see the staid Giants firing Shurmur....yet.

Dallas? Nope. 

KC? LOL

Buffalo? They seem all in with McDermott.

Baltimore extending Harbaugh...

LA, LA, Raiders, Chicago, Houston, Indy, Tenn, SF, NO? Don't see a coaching change for any of them.

Jets, Miami, TB, GB(lol), Browns, Cincinatti, Cards....all going to hire a coach this year. 

Whats left? Atlanta maybe, with a veteran QB? Jacksonville? Is that what Mac is waiting for? Does he see Pitt firing Tomlin after '19 and going for the hometown gig? 

Right now, the Jets are tailor made for him. Emerging QB. Pliant and accommodating GM. Non meddling ownership, amd $100M roster to build a roster with. 

GB isn't hiring Mac back. Ever. Hes going to have to move unless he lives separated from his family, or retires from coaching. 

So if Mac turned down the job, its a huge mistake. And if the Jets would rather have a coach learning OTJ while trying to develop Sam (Rhule, Monken), or hire a guy that jusy got fired for FAILING to develop a QB (Gase), THEY are making a huge mistake. 

Get your sh*t together, guys and make this happen. 

Dammit.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:38 PM, Warfish said:

This.

We can shoot for titles after this.

You don't win titles if you're not this.

Progress can be incremental.  It doesn't all have to come in one go or nothing.

We're the 1996 Jets again today.

We need (IMO) a 1997 Parcells.

The closest option is McCarthy.

Yup. Oh well...

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

I think MM has his price, and would pull the kids out of school if he got it. So, Woody and Chris (the Glimmer Twins) should open the corporate wallet and sign him or another reputable HC with a proven history of winning. Give the people what they want for once already ... please.

Gase is probably going to be stuck her another 2 years, and by then MM will say screw it.. I hate this franchises decision making skills. 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:49 PM, Maxman said:

Get it over with. No more of these inexperienced coaches. McCarthy and Darnold = 10 wins is now a bad season.

Brady and Belly will soon be riding off into the sunset. Take this division.

Well, I certainly hope you're not banking on that happening? The fact is, Gase is going to be here, whether you like it or not, for at least 3 seasons. On top of that, how do you know Joe Douglas wants anything to do with McCarthy?

7 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, I certainly hope you're not banking on that happening? The fact is, Gase is going to be here, whether you like it or not, for at least 3 seasons. On top of that, how do you know Joe Douglas wants anything to do with McCarthy?

Might want to check the date on the first post, this all happened before Gase was hired here.

image.png