Are Boyer and Greene still under contract?

section314

Yes, per NJ.com:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/01/jets-kacy-rodgers-expected-to-follow-todd-bowles-to-buccaneers-will-any-assistant-coaches-stick-around.html

This is the first news about a Jets assistant coach landing a new job; after Bowles was fired, acting owner Christopher Johnson said assistant coaches would be handled on a case-by-case basis. That came in response to a report that the Jets' assistants remained under contract and would be given a chance to interview for jobs under the team’s new leader.

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Kevin Greene is a lock to stay on McCarthy's staff. I would think McCarthy would want to keep Brant Boyer, but I am not sure about him staying. I hope Boyer doesn't want to leave for another staff being assembled. He may need a raise to keep him with the Jets.

Give him the money. He did a great job with ST last year.

31 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why does everybody like Kevin Greene so much?  Our huge sack totals since he arrived?

He's the OLB coach.  Don't we only have two OLB's on the roster....Jenkins and Basham?  Jenkins went from 2.5 sacks his rookie year (under Mark Collins) to 3.0 sacks last year and 7.0 sacks this year (under Greene). 

Don't blame Greene for this franchise not drafting any edge rushers of substance in a 3-4 scheme.  He's working well with what he's got.

30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why does everybody like Kevin Greene so much?  Our huge sack totals since he arrived?

Well some players i did think achieved well with him jenkins with 7 sacks, copeland with 5, luvu with 3 in very little playing time.  The 1st two guys are hardly stellar pass rushers.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's the OLB coach.  Don't we only have two OLB's on the roster....Jenkins and Basham?  Jenkins went from 2.5 sacks his rookie year (under Mark Collins) to 3.0 sacks last year and 7.0 sacks this year (under Greene). 

Don't blame Greene for this franchise not drafting any edge rushers of substance in a 3-4 scheme.  He's working well with what he's got.

I don't even think that they played Basham at OLB.  I think he mostly ran at DE.  Copeland played more than half the snaps and they probably expected to run with Martin.  I don't blame him for anything. I am sure he is a fine coach, but I saw absolutely nothing that would make me want to force him on the next head guy.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well some players i did think achieved well with him jenkins with 7 sacks, copeland with 5, luvu with 3 in very little playing time.  The 1st two guys are hardly stellar pass rushers.

He did okay.  I think Jenkins is a solid player and the uptick probably had more to do with him being allowed to pressure and work he did in the offseason.  Luvu is an undersized pass rusher.  Like Maybin, his sacks came from speed and effort, not coaching.  I am not putting Greene down, but what did he do that deserve any particular love?  Name recognition is the answer IMO. 

Exactly and Greene is the least of the Jets problems. Further, he deserves a medal for dealing with Kacy Rogers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived