Allbright: Jets job trending towards Matt Rhule

Patriot Killa

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone updated Rhule's Wikipedia page to say so:

Matthew Kenneth Rhule (born January 31, 1975) is an American football coach and former player. He is formerly the head football coach at Baylor University and Temple University where he led the Owls to back-to-back 10-win seasons for the only time in school history. On January 9th, 2018 Rhule was hired as the head coach of the New York Jets.

Rhule was hired by the New York Jets on January 9th, 2018 after an under wraps hiring process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Rhule

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If there’s truth to the Jets pairing Gase with Rhule as the OC, then that could be a homerun.

Bring in a vet, accomplished DC and we could be in business.

Yeah that would be ok.

If there’s truth to the Jets pairing Gase with Rhule as the OC, then that could be a homerun.
So the kid from Louisville had the scoop before everyone else.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Cimini has an interesting breakdown on Rhule as a candidate:

Matt Rhule -- His name won't go away, which leads me to believe he's very much in this thing. The Baylor coach is a salesman who believes in tough, disciplined teams. He revitalized Baylor and Temple, but it's a long way from Waco, Texas, to Broadway. The success rate for college coaches in the NFL is low. What's more, Rhule isn't known as an offensive innovator and has no history of developing quarterbacks. You also have to wonder if he'd be able to assemble a strong staff. Nevertheless, the Jets are intrigued.

1. Not an offensive coach.

2. No history of developing QBs

3. Question if he could put a staff together.

4. Losing record at Baylor.

5. Only NFL experience is as Giants OLine assistant coach

So let's hire him to help Darnold!

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If we can only feel good about an HC hire if top coordinators are also hired, then it isn’t a good HC hire.

there is a reason why the jets are the jets, its taken me 39 years but i think i now see what everyone else does....a doorstop of an organization broken from the top down. enjoy Matt Rhule...like u did Herm and Bowles and every other meh hire this team inevitably will make.

Archived