Allbright: Jets job trending towards Matt Rhule

Patriot Killa

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

If the Jets hire Rhule it tells me Mac has a lot more say than we think, and he is scared to hire a top notch coach.

I don't see that.  It takes balls to hire Rhule.  If he sucks, Macc is gone.

McCarthy is the scared hire.

55 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I WISH I could tell people that I grew up in Titty City.

Would be cool, just rolls off the tongue.

Titty City. 

Learned to play ball in Titty Field.

Worked at Titty Bank..

Love it. Get my hair did at the Pretty Titty ! 

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nobody knows anything -- excpet maybe for a select few in Florham Park.  This is the guy who reported that he heard Rhule was as the Jet facility earlier today

Breaking News: People on Twitter have no idea what they're talking about.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

I just can't see CJ coming to that conclusion and if he did what he would even base that on if not for it emanating from Macs yellow toothed coffee scented belch box.

Nor do I have any confidence in either of these goons making the right choice at all. So if they decide to get creative and make the out of left field pick like Rhule that's about as much of a kiss of death as I can imagine. 

That conclusion isn't unique to Manish. There are like 20 threads on this board espousing that view and tons of folks in the football media that have expressed the same.

I tend to believe MM would probably be motivated to change that perception and contemporize his offense but maybe when they interviewed him that's not what they found. 

Who knows. They could be planning his press conference right now.

Hopefully all these no nothing pricks will stop watching once Rhule is the guy we don’t need you 

If that’s the case, then close to 90% of the small fan base we are will disappear. MetLife will be filled with opposing teams fans, Macc and Rhule will be gone in 2 years and Mehta will begin telling us who he thinks is the next best Jets HC.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Lets be honest. All the people on this forum who are saying nice things about Rhule have no idea what they are talking about.

Has anyone here watched a lot of Temple and Baylor football over the past six years?

Hiring this guy is leap of faith even for the optimistic of Jets fans.  

Good thing we'll be hiring Matt Rhule then. That's his specialty.

OK, so after reading a tweet from a girl seeing Ruhle at a spotlight in Waco, and the other clown backtracking and wanting to give his little bird a beating, LOL, I think I've had enough of this nonsense. Nobody knows s*it about whats going on, yey that doesn't stop half the board from creating conspiracy theories. I'm done with this until they announce the hire. Knock yourself out boys!

8 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Lets be honest. All the people on this forum who are saying nice things about Rhule have no idea what they are talking about.

Has anyone here watched a lot of Temple and Baylor football over the past six years?

Hiring this guy is leap of faith even for the optimistic of Jets fans. 

All of us don’t know what we are talking about.  ..whom ever we favor.  Just fans..spouting off...which is fine.

41 minutes ago, CTM said:

Just before the scandal Baylor was 32-7, they were 7-6 the year of and 1-11 Rhules first year. Getting them back to 7-6 for a single season after a single 1 win season isn't turning them around, it's maybe starting the job or preventing them from completely collapsing, but it's not turning them around the way I'd define it.

And Temple was 9-4 2 years before Rhule got there. They were 2-10 his first year. He "turned them around" from his own poor start. 

ANd before the scandal they had their roster intact.  Horrible analogy, one has nothing to do with the other.  LIke looking at PSU before and right after their scandal.

Dont know what either team was a few years earlier has anything to do with it, its college, rosters turn completely over

43 minutes ago, Icer said:

Let's repeat this conversation in 3 years when they make the wrong decision again.

Yeah, from the guy whos been here how long? Excuse me if I'm not holding my breath on your month long history totalling 73 posts

43 minutes ago, CTM said:

Or, he'll say in 2 years when it doesn't work that Rhule was the problem just like Bowles. And Mac is probably confident enough to believe he can single handily right the ship, it's called Dunning Kruger effect

At the end of the day I just don't understand how an organization that is this dysfunctional and under performing wouldn't take the bird in hand as the best bet to stabilize the ship. I can't imagine CJ is pushing for Rhule, he, like me, probably didn't know who Rhule was 2 weeks ago so where's it coming from if not Mac.

Good observation.  I wondered how the hell his name got in the mix.  I thought for a moment he was just another Jets fans from here who had the nerve to send 1 Jets Drive a resume.

30 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yeah the guy who narrowly survived the purge wants to go through this again 2 years from now.

Of Rhule and McCarthy I agree McCarthy is the better option but we don't know what was said in the interviews. 

Did McCarthy say he's not interested in hiring a different OC and wants Lurch Philbin and Macadoo-doo?  Did he say that he refuses to tweak his philosophy on offense to breathe life into it?  We don't know.

Hell in a couple hours McCarthy could be named the HC and this 17 page abomination of a thread will look pretty silly.

This is correct. We literally have no idea what sort of things were said and discussed during the interview. It lasted more than one day so it had some meat on the bone, but it really could come down to the lines where MM won't budge or maybe he came across like a D-Bag. Maybe he talked about a bunch of things Macc couldn't comprehend so they thought MM was stupid. It could go either way. but something rubbed them the wrong way if MM is not the hire.
 Who knows?  Our guys may just be idiots, but they went about this process in the correct manner so we have that. Interviewing everyone on your list to make sure you've heard what everyone had to offer is the right way. No matter what anyone says here. The things we do know about the process is that they had MM at the top of their list and he was interviewed early. They met with everyone on the list which consisted of previous NFL HC's, coordinators, position coaches and college guys both fired and still employed. Offensive and Defensive guys.  It was a solid interviewing process.

That gives me hope. They are being thorough. They don't believe the NY Jets are a trash heap and are holding themselves as if we are the best job out there. Thats good too. No desperation at all.  

We haven't heard an accurate peep from all the insiders unless the Jets wanted us to hear it. Another positive sign. 

They have a potentially HOF coach basically beating down the door. That's kind of unreal and its certainly not the way a lot of posters here viewed it happening. Another positive. 

If all those things are indeed postitive, they may just be seeing and hearing things that make the most sense for the org moving forward.  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt due to the way they've handled the process up to this point. 

These other teams jumping at guys like LaFleur and KK is the exact opposite of how to do it and that would make me nervous. 

If it's Rhule, it's Rhule. I wanted MM and I still do. But they are going to hire the guy they think is best for changing the culture here for the better. Let's see what happens. 

Besides, Cincy is actually considering Hue Jackson.  Could you imagine? 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

ANd before the scandal they had their roster intact.  Horrible analogy, one has nothing to do with the other.  LIke looking at PSU before and right after their scandal.

Dont know what either team was a few years earlier has anything to do with it, its college, rosters turn completely over

Turning around = an entity with a long history of failure being made into a sustained winner. Baylor had built a tradition as a winner, had a scandal related dip and now are back to .500. It's not turning them around. And PSU is winning again because while rosters turn over, the credibility of the university remains.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Turning around = an entity with a long history of failure being made into a sustained winner. Baylor had built a tradition as a winner, had a scandal related dip and now are back to .500. It's not turning them around. And PSU is winning again because while rosters turn over, the credibility of the university remains.

No it doesn't, we're taking college.  It's all pointless now though.  

Archived