Johnson and Macc Prefer Different HC (Misleading

Grandy

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And there it is.  They have no clue what they're doing.

They're going to have a meeting though.  That's good.  At that meeting they may decide on a coach.  They may also set up a second interview with someone.  Or, they may pull out the Yellow Pages and start dialing for more candidates.

Stay tuned!

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s cool bro. It’s not like you knew that this guy IB is a flake.

I'm still waiting for a Nnamdi Asomugha Jets jersey because of that guy.

Also, the Jets traded up for Reggie Bush.  "Put it in the bank!"  This dude throws lots of spaghetti at the wall.....very little of it sticks.  He goes back quite a while.

The best was when we thought he was actually posting from prison because he'd only post messages during the same 30 minute window each day. lol  It was great.  When he wouldn't show up we wondered if he was in solitary confinement or getting a conjugal visit.

I understand the gravity of this selection and how they want to make sure they get it right. 

I get it

I get it

but D@MN, how many times do you need to look at the resume, review the conversation and make a choice? Unless the delay is due to contract negotiations (only acceptable reaspn) then this is soooo Jetsy

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And there it is.  They have no clue what they're doing.

They're going to have a meeting though.  That's good.  At that meeting they may decide on a coach.  They may also set up a second interview with someone.  Or, they may pull out the Yellow Pages and start dialing for more candidates.

Stay tuned!

Come on ... this is obviously a purely speculative article, and you're treating it like a press release.

"It is believed ..." means "we don't have a clue what the Jets are actually doing, but we have to write something"

Incarcerated idiot aside, IMO Maccagnan personally wants no part of an experienced HC because he could lose in that power struggle. They have enough clout to get veto power over anything he wants, and have enough clout around the league to lobby for a Maccagnan replacement behind his back. 

But a first time hire? He'd be Macc's bitch because he doesn't know anyone and has no such clout to lobby for replacement GMs to bring in if/when things go sour.

But yeah this was a brilliant idea keeping him around. Maccagnan is such an asset to this process. Everyone wants to work with him because of his track record of helping his prior HC get fired. The whole league - even the few players on the team who don't suck (e.g. Adams) - knows he screwed Bowles (who deserved to get fired on his own, but the rosters he was handed didn't help at all). 

What an opportunity for a clean slate, to fire them both midseason, get a replacement GM in place before season's end, and still could interview anyone they wanted. Darnold is the draw, not the incumbent GM ffs. The cap room is far more of a draw for a replacement GM than for a HC. 

#stewpid 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

IMO Maccagnan personally wants no part of an experienced HC because he could lose in that power struggle. They have enough clout to get veto power over anything he wants, and have enough clout around the league to lobby for a Maccagnan replacement behind his back. 

But a first time hire? He'd be Macc's bitch because he doesn't know anyone and has no such clout to lobby for replacement GMs to bring in if/when things go sour.

But yeah this was a brilliant idea keeping him around. Maccagnan is such an asset to this process. Everyone wants to work with him because of his track record of helping his prior HC get fired. The whole league - even the few players on the team who don't suck (e.g. Adams) - knows he screwed Bowles (who deserved to get fired on his own, but the rosters he was handed didn't help at all). 

What an opportunity for a clean slate, to fire them both midseason, get a replacement GM in place before season's end, and still could interview anyone they wanted. Darnold is the draw, not the incumbent GM ffs. The cap room is far more of a draw for a replacement GM than for a HC. 

#stewpid 

100%. Not sure how this isn't obvious to everyone.

If Rhule's the guy Mac talked CJ out of McCarthy

43 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Incarcerated idiot aside, IMO Maccagnan personally wants no part of an experienced HC because he could lose in that power struggle. They have enough clout to get veto power over anything he wants, and have enough clout around the league to lobby for a Maccagnan replacement behind his back. 

Was gonna say the same thing. I don't buy Incarcerated Bob having any sources, but this is a safe educated guess. Another first-time head coach makes Maccagnan the senior guy in the organization. Mike McCarthy would come in with a Super Bowl pedigree, and the cache to overrule Mac on a variety of personnel decisions. Mac being out the door a year from now would probably be the likely outcome. 

While I'm not in love with McCarthy, this is one of the reasons I want the Jets to hire him. Much like @T0mShane's Idzik love, except, at least, McCarthy is competent. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

#stewpid 

i would certainly hope mac is working to build a winning team but that also means putting away any petty power struggle bs and getting a coach who can win.  no doubt mccarthy would want more say or influence over the players than a newbie.  if mac was stellar in getting his drafts right he might have a point but it's pretty clear he needs all the help he can get in choosing players.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

#stewpid 

I think you’re giving Macc too much credit.  He’s not that smart nor devious.  He’s been in over his head since day 1 and if looking for anyone to make him look credible. Macc has shown a total aversion to risk since day 1.  If anything, I could see Macc pulling for the ‘safe’ pick in McCarthy.  

My working theory is that Chris Johnson wants McCarthy (probably because he's the safe pick and avoids a media backlash from anyone other than Manish), but Macc is pushing Rhule because he forsees a power struggle with McCarthy.  This is why you either give Macc autonomy or fire him and give the new GM autonomy.  The Johnsons are messing it up once again.

By the way, Incarcerated Bob has no inside info.  He is just making the same educated guess I am making and hoping it sticks so he can say he was right.  This is what he always does.

Archived