McCarthy is NOT the answer damnit!

erice724

He should have been fired in GB several years ago but rode out the one ring he got w/Rodgers forever, which honestly is falling short given all the talent squandered over there in the years in-between title and now. Even that year it was ALL Rodgers guiding them from 6th seed to glory, and since then it’s modtlu felt like GB succeeded in spite of McCarthy, not bc of, and that’s if they sustained success in the 1st place. 

I gather he’s well-liked and been around the league a longass time, but feels more to me like the game has passed him by and we’d be a LOT better off w/some fresh blood to develop the 1st/best franchise QB we’ve had in...well definitely since Pennington, but arguably since Broadway Joe himself and probably so. 

What happens w/McCarthy each year? He takes over playcalling duties midseason, either blowing it or taking credit for Rodgers’ savvy under center. Then look at his continual mismanagement of RB’s—not that our backfield is clear yet (please LaVeon?!) but how bout blowing it w/Ty Montgomery/Aaron Jones last year, then Jones & Jamaal Williams this one...and don’t even get me started on Lacy’s “era” I’ll call it. 

My choice was Bruce Arians, but in a serious coup, Tampa nabbed him AND our boy Bowles. Also liked Kitchens who Browns were smart enough to retain, along w/former Texas Tech player and coach Kingsbury who taught a guy named Mahomes among others. 

So who does that leave us worth a $#!+? If you ask me, it would be exciting to run Todd Moncken’s wide-open offense w/Darnold, as Tampa was putting up some serious #’s this year w/it. Also gotta love Saints’ Off coordinator, but too bad we can’t interview him till probably after they win the Super Bowl. 

Idk enough about Baylor’s coach but I DO know they were a mediocre team at best this year. Sure, coming off sanctions/etc but between him, loser McCarthy and another not yet mentioned loser in Adam Gase, I don’t get why the F@&k we are chasing these halfass leftovers...besides that often being the life of a Jets fan. But that’s no excuse this time w/Darnold, Jamal Adams and others in the fold, but it IS why I’ve long assumed we’re going to blow it and give GB’s disgraced coach some free millions to squagert our future. 

Just a word on Adam Gase: if the players are saying they’re happy to see him go in Miami (and they are), then we Really need to think about that one as a No. That said, I’d still rather have him than McCarthy, and we’re talking about a guy who time and again chose to simply run it up the middle into D-line walls w/Frank Gore over Kenyan Drake...but at least he’s young and has some creativity up his offensive sleeves, bc not so for our likely future dumpster fire of a HC selection, Mike McC. Great. 

two years removed from NFC Championship… yeah he stinks.

the year after went 15-1… yeah he stinks.

18 playoff games in 12 full seasons… who wants that

10 playoff wins in same time frame… barf

Just now, Vader said:

two years removed from NFC Championship… yeah he stinks.

the year after went 15-1… yeah he stinks.

18 playoff games in 12 full seasons… who wants that

10 playoff wins in same time frame… barf

you mean u dont want a guy who went 7-6 and Baylor, beat no ranked teams, and lost to Liberty? thats not the same as above?

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

you mean u dont want a guy who went 7-6 and Baylor, beat no ranked teams, and lost to Liberty? thats not the same as above?

you’re right. he’s from new york and knows how to use wikipedia. sign me up.

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

you’re right. he’s from new york and knows how to use wikipedia. sign me up.

umm he held that team together!!! you just dont get it...

in fact, if there is still any possibility to shake things up....i have an idea for an out of the box candiate that can really get through to players and motivate...

Image result for dangerous minds

16 minutes ago, erice724 said:

He should have been fired in GB several years ago but rode out the one ring he got w/Rodgers forever, which honestly is falling short given all the talent squandered over there in the years in-between title and now. Even that year it was ALL Rodgers guiding them from 6th seed to glory, and since then it’s modtlu felt like GB succeeded in spite of McCarthy, not bc of, and that’s if they sustained success in the 1st place. 

I gather he’s well-liked and been around the league a longass time, but feels more to me like the game has passed him by and we’d be a LOT better off w/some fresh blood to develop the 1st/best franchise QB we’ve had in...well definitely since Pennington, but arguably since Broadway Joe himself and probably so. 

What happens w/McCarthy each year? He takes over playcalling duties midseason, either blowing it or taking credit for Rodgers’ savvy under center. Then look at his continual mismanagement of RB’s—not that our backfield is clear yet (please LaVeon?!) but how bout blowing it w/Ty Montgomery/Aaron Jones last year, then Jones & Jamaal Williams this one...and don’t even get me started on Lacy’s “era” I’ll call it. 

My choice was Bruce Arians, but in a serious coup, Tampa nabbed him AND our boy Bowles. Also liked Kitchens who Browns were smart enough to retain, along w/former Texas Tech player and coach Kingsbury who taught a guy named Mahomes among others. 

So who does that leave us worth a $#!+? If you ask me, it would be exciting to run Todd Moncken’s wide-open offense w/Darnold, as Tampa was putting up some serious #’s this year w/it. Also gotta love Saints’ Off coordinator, but too bad we can’t interview him till probably after they win the Super Bowl. 

Idk enough about Baylor’s coach but I DO know they were a mediocre team at best this year. Sure, coming off sanctions/etc but between him, loser McCarthy and another not yet mentioned loser in Adam Gase, I don’t get why the F@&k we are chasing these halfass leftovers...besides that often being the life of a Jets fan. But that’s no excuse this time w/Darnold, Jamal Adams and others in the fold, but it IS why I’ve long assumed we’re going to blow it and give GB’s disgraced coach some free millions to squagert our future. 

Just a word on Adam Gase: if the players are saying they’re happy to see him go in Miami (and they are), then we Really need to think about that one as a No. That said, I’d still rather have him than McCarthy, and we’re talking about a guy who time and again chose to simply run it up the middle into D-line walls w/Frank Gore over Kenyan Drake...but at least he’s young and has some creativity up his offensive sleeves, bc not so for our likely future dumpster fire of a HC selection, Mike McC. Great. 

Manish can you PLEASE go back to tweeting this crap and stop clogging up the board with repeat threads?

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Funny feeling a year from now the jets fire both Mac and Rhule and make McCarthy the new GM/HC

Really?  You're feeling that?  :)  Why would 't they just hire him now then?  He's waiting at the door with flowers and candy. 

20 minutes ago, erice724 said:

Mrs. Rhule?

I don't get why so many are down on McCarthy.  A coach like him doesn't just come around often.  What's everyone's knock on him?  Worried about his "stale" offense?  Let's see where is offenses ranked throughout his years:

2008 - 8th (Rodgers rookie season)

2009 - 6th

2010 - 9th (won Super Bowl)

2011 - 3rd

2012 - 13th

2013 - 3rd

2014- 6th

2015 - 23rd (Rodgers worst statistical season) still made playoffs

2016 - 8th

2017 - 26th (Brett Hundley played 2/3's of the season)

2018 - 12th

I'll take these rankings any day.  Keep in mind that he developed Rodgers into the player he is today.  If he can develop Darnold into anything close to Rodgers, it's a win.  If in 3-4 years we still can't win, then we can move on.  At least Darnold will benefit and he will still only be 24 years old.

44 minutes ago, erice724 said:

Well Said. Notice the other posters who disagree. They love mediocrity. THey love pain, sadists really. They can't wait to hire the offensive equivalent of Bowls. Now McCarthy could surprise us all but he is way more likely to be horrific than good.

The RB situation was the worst. Can you imagine him here with our RB's.... Jesus.

I have come to the realization that we will pick the worst candidate..

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I don't get why so many are down on McCarthy.  A coach like him doesn't just come around often.  What's everyone's knock on him?  Worried about his "stale" offense?  Let's see where is offenses ranked throughout his years:

2008 - 8th (Rodgers rookie season)

2009 - 6th

2010 - 9th (won Super Bowl)

2011 - 3rd

2012 - 13th

2013 - 3rd

2014- 6th

2015 - 23rd (Rodgers worst statistical season) still made playoffs

2016 - 8th

2017 - 26th (Brett Hundley played 2/3's of the season)

2018 - 12th

I'll take these rankings any day.  Keep in mind that he developed Rodgers into the player he is today.  If he can develop Darnold into anything close to Rodgers, it's a win.  If in 3-4 years we still can't win, then we can move on.  At least Darnold will benefit and he will still only be 24 years old.

Yeah for sure Rogers would have sucked without him... Are you crazy, why dont you add the win and losses to this number..how about the poor mismanagement of his roster - RB's WR's etc.

Or how about his gameplan never set up rogers for success, you never wonder why that rook in KC is lighting it up finding Wide open T. Hill and rogers never has a wide ope receiver ever???? Game Plan my friend, actually plays being called. He has arguably the greatest ever and couldn't figure out how to use him.

Yeah lets sign up for that...Lord help me...

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yeah for sure Rogers would have sucked without him... Are you crazy, why dont you add the win and losses to this number..how about the poor mismanagement of his roster - RB's WR's etc.

Or how about his gameplan never set up rogers for success, you never wonder why that rook in KC is lighting it up finding Wide open T. Hill and rogers never has a wide ope receiver ever???? Game Plan my friend, actually plays being called. He has arguably the greatest ever and couldn't figure out how to use him.

The question is, did Rodgers become great on his own or did McCarthy get him there?  I'm willing to sacrifice a few years if he can get Darnold to become half of what Rodgers is.  Then we can always change the coaches. Darnold's development should be the priority.  Can't risk screwing him up.

12 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Serious question for the anti McCarthy crowd , he has basically the same resume as Sean Payton ..if Payton was available and wanted to coach the Jets you would be against it ? 

Sean Payton has more spunk. Plus he’s going to win another SB.

So a majority of Jets fans want McCarthy.  What happens when Macadoo and Joe Philbin are the offensive innovators that are brought in to turn Darnold into a super star?

Hard pass.  The best HEAD COACH of these last four guys is Rhule.  As long as we can get great coordinators, he is going to fix the Culture in our organization and win a ton of games sooner than later.  

Think long term and not about rewarding a recently fired coach for winning a SB a decade ago and then resting on that fact for the rest of his career. 

24 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well Said. Notice the other posters who disagree. They love mediocrity. THey love pain, sadists really. They can't wait to hire the offensive equivalent of Bowls. Now McCarthy could surprise us all but he is way more likely to be horrific than good.

The RB situation was the worst. Can you imagine him here with our RB's.... Jesus.

I have come to the realization that we will pick the worst candidate..

Who's your boy?

5 minutes ago, Pcola said:

So a majority of Jets fans want McCarthy.  What happens when Macadoo and Joe Philbin are the offensive innovators that are bring along Dam darnold?

Hard pass.  The best HEAD COACH of these last four guys is Rhule.  As long as we can get great coordinators, he is going to fix the Culture in our orginazation.  

Think long term and rewarding a recently fired coach for winning a SB a decade ago and then resting on that fact for the rest of his career. 

So a mediocre college record at non-elite schools, no pro resume and no meaningful contacts at the pro level makes a guy the BEST possible NFL Head Coach.  Definitely better than a guy with a >.600 NFL winning % and a ring. 

Sounds like a Macc pick, would pair well with Nathan Shepherd.

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I know why, talented receivers!!

The biggest knock on McCarthy is that he had Rogers and didn't win more Super Bowls.  But Rogers is the reason they didn't win more Super Bowls.  Hear me out.  The Seahawks looked like they were set up to be a modern era dynasty early in Russel Wilson's career.  The Legion of Boom, a real pass rush, a franchise QB...then the bill came due.  they had to pay the QB.  And the Legion of Boom was too expensive to keep intact. The pass rush could't be subsidized either.  The Hawks are now a fair-to-good football team, but are in no way dominant.  We've seen this scenario play out with Andrew Luck and others.  the only exception being Tom Brady who is the ninth highest paid player, and accepts that so his team can remain relevant...and dominant.  The Packers paid Rogers a king's ransom.  He is the highest paid football player in the entire NFL.  Leaving the Packers with fair-to middling talent everywhere else.  Who are the other stars on that team?  Their defense is ranked 22nd in 2018.  Their just wasn't enough cash to feed the rest of the team.  McCarthy still got them to the playoffs 9 out of 13 seasons.  

Archived