Cimini "Lot of attention focused on Matt Rhule, but don't discount Adam Gase and Mike McCarthy. Still in it."

Jetsbb

Done as a horse race call.

400 to go, and Rhule took the lead in the cup. Hes dashed two lengths clear.  Mike McCarthy winds up, hes out after Rhule, Gase warms-up too, here comes the ex Miami coach and wider out, look at Todd Monken, hes gobbling up the ground. Further back to Mike Caldwell and Kilff Kingbury who seem out of it, with Richard last of all...

If they don’t know who they’re going to hire by now it means they haven’t interviewed the right guy yet.  They need to go back to the drawing board and add new candidates.  As much as I want this to get done it seems they’re not unanimously impressed by anyone.  Either that or they’re waiting for Richard or bienemy to get eliminated from the playoffs.

Just now, WayneChrebet80 said:

Wouldnt be shocked if Matt Rhule is having second thoughts. 

Can you imagine being in his shoes.  I want MCCarthy but I feel a little bit bad for Rhule IF he is hired because the fans are gonna hate him before a single game lol

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I wouldn't be surprised if their honest choice was Rhule, but are now having second thoughts because of the backlash from fans. 

If they listen to the fans, they would never hire anyone because every candidate allegedly sucks.

They need to tune out the noise and hire their guy - whoever it is.

39 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

This head coach search is the jetsiest jets search of all jetsiest jets searches. In other words.....they're ******* it all up like usual

Like usual or the Jetsiest?  Come on man. I'm trying to get some damn news here. 

McCarthy is going to want big money and probably some say over personnel. That could be the issue. The Johnsons don’t usually put their hc at top of pay scale and Mac is probably not eager to give up any power. Rhule will be cheaper and Macc will be able to keep control.

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

McCarthy is going to want big money and probably some say over personnel. That could be the issue. The Johnsons don’t usually put their hc at top of pay scale and Mac is probably not eager to give up any power. Rhule will be cheaper and Macc will be able to keep control.

The buyout from Baylor will not be cheap.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Rhule - HC; Gase - OC; Williams -DC

That would be ok with me.

Yeah. 2 former NFL HCs with huge egos are going to work for Munchkin Matt because he "turned that Baylor program around". LOL.

Nope. 

Rhule will bring a couple of graduate assistants, Pastor Rick who coaches the church rec league Flag Football team, and Chip Gaines.

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. 2 former NFL HCs with huge egos are going to work for Munchkin Matt because he "turned that Baylor program around". LOL.

Nope. 

Rhule will bring a couple of graduate assistants, Pastor Rick who coaches the church rec league Flag Football team, and Chip Gaines.

Williams must now realize he will never be a HC, he could have carte blanch running our defense and Gase is a solid coach with a short fuse. If he helps a young HC succeed he will rebuild his reputation and will get another shot at HC somewhere. I think it can work.

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Williams must now realize he will never be a HC, he could have carte blanch running our defense and Gase is a solid coach with a short fuse. If he helps a young HC succeed he will rebuild his reputation and will get another shot at HC somewhere. I think it can work.

Them: Hey Captain, I know you've been with the Department for almost 20 years, have a reputation as a hard charging officer who gets sh*t done, and have the performance evals and citations to back it up, but were going to take a brand new probie, slot him in as a Battalion Chief, and you can report to him...

Me: Go sh*t in your hat. 

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He must have a staff assembled that they would be OK with as this is part of the interview process.

Archived