BREAKING: Jets going to hire Gase

I just keep remembering that Bellichik was 36-44 after 5 seasons in his first HC job with CLE.

And then I hope.

No question in my mind right now that Gase is much better than Bowles...is he the answer for the next decade plus?  we'll see.

He ain't 55, he has some NFL credibility/experience as OC and HC.

I'm willing to give the guy a shot.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Gase is the safe choice because he's nominally an experienced coach. Wish the guy well.

But clear this was the GM's choice, and that's all about him keeping his job. McCarthy threatened that, but fair to note McCarthy often did less with more in Green Bay. 

MY problem is a number of young guys-Rhule, Kingsbury, Monken-are what this franchise needs, a serious jolt,adrenalin, inspiration.May be Gase can be that; Dolphins weren't horrible. But that's really it; kinda sorta okay. 

oy...  this was without a doubt the worst choice Macc could have made if he was concerned with his "power". 

I thought I posted this already, but I don't think it went through.

Anyway, this is my only attempt at positivity because I know no one wants to hear it.

2 years ago, all of us would have been doing backflips for Gase.  Two years later, after 2 QB injury filled seasons, he is now a big disappointment.

I think he is talented offensively.  The player revolts(if true) are a big worry.

If he can get Joseph as his DC, that is not a terrible staff.  Maybe not a great franchise altering one, but it's decent.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:
hThPiv4E_bigger.jpg

It was an exhaustive process that included countless discussions, but I’m told Jets CEO Christopher Johnson took a phone call on Tuesday night from an especially impressive reference who advocated for Adam Gase:

Peyton Manning.

Supposedly Manning did the same thing to Dorsey in Cleveland. I think Gase may have a few pics of Peyton he would rather not see the light of day. 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, dbatesman said:

Watching Pac and Jet Nut try to convince everyone that Gase was the best candidate on the market would be fun, so count me in.

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

The tears and hysteria are as awesome as I'd hoped.

I wanted McCarthy but Gase is a better choice than Rhule.  Interested to see his staff.

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I like it, I think.

I like the work hes done with QBs, that he knows the division, and hes young

We'll see, the suicide crew doesnt bother me

2062D8C5-8CDF-41F7-B9F6-A2CE0F68EBC2.gif.6fd36a076d3e90b6ed2273bd9dd0ebd2.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I thought I posted this already, but I don't think it went through.

Anyway, this is my only attempt at positivity because I know no one wants to hear it.

2 years ago, all of us would have been doing backflips for Gase.  Two years later, after 2 QB injury filled seasons, he is now a big disappointment.

I think he is talented offensively.  The player revolts(if true) are a big worry.

If he can get Joseph as his DC, that is not a terrible staff.  Maybe not a great franchise altering one, but it's decent.

I really hope we get Joseph in here as DC

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, prime21 said:
hThPiv4E_bigger.jpg

It was an exhaustive process that included countless discussions, but I’m told Jets CEO Christopher Johnson took a phone call on Tuesday night from an especially impressive reference who advocated for Adam Gase:

Peyton Manning.

eww...

If he hired a guy because Peyton Manning told him to we are more F-ed than I even thought...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

Oh my God this board. Holy crap what a bunch of miserable sad sacks.

This is ALL about Sam Darnold, that's it. They hired the best guy to develop him into the franchise QB we all think he can be.

He didn't have a QB in Miami. He's a great offensive mind. He's younger.

Stop it. Jesus, what a buncha sad losers. Give him a chance.

DC

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’m not an NFL fan, and I don’t know who the hell he is, but NFL FOs make some of the biggest dumbass HC hires, is this one of them?

Poor Sam. 

The Jets better pray this works. We finally have a franchise QB, a top 3 pick, and all that cap space.  This was the most critical decision since getting Parcells.  I’m not saying McCarthy is Parcells but I think we needed a guy with success and developing a bigtime QB.  

Well, the Jets found a way to unite the Rhulers and the McCarthyites, at least.

I wanted Rhule, but don't hate this hire. Gase is a good coach. Seems like a hard-headed prickly ass,  but that's no bad thing in a coach.

Not my top pick, but always a guy I was prepared to accept. He did a good job in Miami and is spoken of highly by guys like Manning.

Darnold will benefit greatly from his coaching, which is a very big deal.

It has been clear for the past couple of days that the Jets weren't sold on McCarthy, for whatever reason. It looks like he wasn't even in the top 3 for the job.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I just keep remembering that Bellichik was 36-44 after 5 seasons in his first HC job with CLE.

And then I hope.

No question in my mind right now that Gase is much better than Bowles...is he the answer for the next decade plus?  we'll see.

He ain't 55, he has some NFL credibility/experience as OC and HC.

I'm willing to give the guy a shot.

Just now, Dcronin said:

Oh my God this board. Holy crap what a bunch of miserable sad sacks.

This is ALL about Sam Darnold, that's it. They hired the best guy to develop him into the franchise QB we all think he can be.

He didn't have a QB in Miami. He's a great offensive mind. He's younger.

Stop it. Jesus, what a buncha sad losers. Give him a chance.

DC

I know it really is embarrassing. Johnson is the worst owner in sports. Just be thankful any coach at all wanted the job because there probably wasn’t very many